Resident Evil HD collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Played It For A Bit Yea The Controls Are Weird The Picture And Sound Are Awesome

If you're interested guys, I'm playing the game on 360 right now .

The worst thing are the controls.. just 2 settings, the original from gamecube, and the other one where you aim with LT and fire with RT, but the BIGGEST problem is that you can't use the right analog sitck.. therefore, you move the character and aiming with the left stck only :slap:slap

The textures have the same quality, than the GC version had..so you'll see some rblurry and really crappy textures around (much more noticeable at 720p). :/

The screen size is 16/9, like a HD tv, but you can increase or decrease the screen size

Edit:
Just forgot: 30fps not AA

i haven't played this game in a long time, is that the same controls that were on the PS2?

shame about the textures, but i do recall the textures being not so good on the PS2 but i assumed that was because it was a port and the GC version didn't have those issues:dunno

i haven't played this game in a long time, is that the same controls that were on the PS2?

shame about the textures, but i do recall the textures being not so good on the PS2 but i assumed that was because it was a port and the GC version didn't have those issues:dunno

The PS2 version was technically inferior than the GC version: worst Textures, less poligonal charge, some missing effects, and not RT cinematics (recorded from the GC version).

The fact is if you keep the same GC-PS2 texture quality and scailing the image to 720p, the textures look worst and crappy than PS2 or GC was, and this is what really happened ..:monkey1

The good thing is that this HD version includes the same extras than the PS2 version (I read it now): Assigment Ada, The mercenaries, and sepparate ways and you'll can select all them once you beat RE4

And about the controls are the same as the old version was, yes, but they feel weird and chunky today, and Capcom MUST have included "at least" the option of aiming with the right sitck for example..

If you compare this HD version with others, like ICO for example, the you'll notice that the R4HD version iit's just a mere and lazy port to HD :lecture

https://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-pod-resident-evil/721221

Last edited:
I coulda sworn we already had a thread on this but I can't find anything.

Is this game really worth all of these re-releases? I actually had this for the Wii and I just couldn't get in to it.

I coulda sworn we already had a thread on this but I can't find anything.

Is this game really worth all of these re-releases? I actually had this for the Wii and I just couldn't get in to it.

Yes!! The Gamecube version is better IMO. I also bought it again for the Wii, but I really didn't like the motion controls. I still have my Gamecube with this game so I really don't need to get this re-re-release except for trophy hunting. The game itself is one of the better Resident Evils, and I think a lot of the reviewers thought it was the best RE.

This game is half price to Playstation Plus subscibers, should be live in the Australian store within the next few hours. Hopefully i've got enough money in my account to make the purchase when i wake up in the morning. Disappointed about the trophy set though.

I hate how late the Euro PS store updates :mad:

reading all the reviews and they all say the same thing, the textures look bad in HD, real shame. I hope they do a proper HD version at some point, i know i'd buy it but god knows how many people will complain lol

I still got this game on my PS2 but only played it once, hopefully ill still be impressed with how much better it looks from that version anyway

You think its possible for them to patch all the problems?

Improve Textures, add RE5 controls, add Subtitles. I heard someone say there isn't proper surround sound??

how could they take this long to release it and not even do it properly? anyone know we could contact?

Last edited:
I hate how late the Euro PS store updates :mad:

reading all the reviews and they all say the same thing, the textures look bad in HD, real shame. I hope they do a proper HD version at some point, i know i'd buy it but god knows how many people will complain lol

I still got this game on my PS2 but only played it once, hopefully ill still be impressed with how much better it looks from that version anyway

You think its possible for them to patch all the problems?

Improve Textures, add RE5 controls, add Subtitles. I heard someone say there isn't proper surround sound??

how could they take this long to release it and not even do it properly? anyone know we could contact?

Dunno about the US version but the European (spanish) ,version has the biggest subtitles ever seen in a HD game. :horror

The sound is good, but not very relevant

The bad textures are there, but like I said before this is a mere and lazy port to HD with 0 improvements,(just for making money and milking the game a litle more) and the truth is that the Gamecube version looks a lot better at 480p (old tv's) than this version on a HD tv :lecture

BTW, I did'nt mention before, but this game has even some minor slowdowns, and the FR is'nt very polished. :/ but anyways My biggest disappointment and problem are the controls, not the graphical issues

Last edited:
Dunno about the US version but the European (spanish) ,version has the biggest subtitles ever seen in a HD game. :horror

The sound is good, but not very relevant

The bad textures are there, but like I said before this is a mere and lazy port to HD with 0 improvements,(just for making money and milking the game a litle more) and the truth is that the Gamecube version looks a lot better at 480p (old tv's) than this version on a HD tv :lecture

BTW, I did'nt mention before, but this game has even some minor slowdowns, and the FR is'nt very polished. :/

:monkey1 That sounds horrid! :horror I think I'll save me $20.00 for something else. :panic:

:monkey1 That sounds horrid! :horror I think I'll save me $20.00 for something else. :panic:

Just an advice:

If you already have the PS2, Gamecube or wii version... then do not buy this game on PS360.

However ,if you're PSN+ member, for 10$ would'nt be a bad deal afterall, but is your choice :lecture

Just an advice:

If you already have the PS2, Gamecube or wii version... then do not buy this game on PS360.

However ,if you're PSN+ member, for 10$ would'nt be a bad deal afterall, but is your choice :lecture

Definitely right on! Problem is that if this sells really well, then the developers won't worry about going all out on the HD remakes because they know that people will just buy anything they "update" and toss out.

But if they do crank out " hd " 's of older games it means people dont need to go back and buy old consoles and the games to play them.

I bought a PS2 and re 4 2 months ago to play re 4 for the first time. And it cost alot more than £12!

But if they do crank out " hd " 's of older games it means people dont need to go back and buy old consoles and the games to play them.

I bought a PS2 and re 4 2 months ago to play re 4 for the first time. And it cost alot more than £12!

This is what I call a really bad move .. :slap

Did'nt you know about the inminent release of this HD version?? :monkey4

I don't even remember there being 4 on the PS2. Still, I'd just get the Gamecube. I found one for $20 with two Wavebirds on Craigslist a while back.

This is what I call a really bad move .. :slap

Did'nt you know about the inminent release of this HD version?? :monkey4
I had a massive Resident evil mood change going on. I was really into Predator Merch and stuff then me and my friend decided to replay the RE games from 1-3 (and 5) and i ended up having to get a ps2 for RE 4 and Code veronica. When i got them is when id found out they were coming but i didnt wanna stop the play through we were doing.

But still id rather get half arsed HD's then have to buy a new console again!

My friend is wanting to sell his gamecube on ebay soon and some games. He doesnt have an ebay account so im hoping when he gives it to me to put on ebay ill be able to play it for the week >_>

Back