Pacific Rim: Uprising - March 23, 2018

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pacific Rim 2 - April 7,2017

The ocean water came up to it's shins in some scenes

that is one minor grip about the opening scene that I have. Both the Yeager and the Kuji enter the scene rising up from the water where it is clearly deep then all of a sudden they are ankle deep in the middle of the ocean lol The reveals looked badass but that was definitely like when the Trex busts out of his "cage" in jurassic park and pushes a car over a cliff from, you know, where the Trex just step out of lol

Re: Pacific Rim 2 - April 7,2017

that is one minor grip about the opening scene that I have. Both the Yeager and the Kuji enter the scene rising up from the water where it is clearly deep then all of a sudden they are ankle deep in the middle of the ocean lol The reveals looked badass but that was definitely like when the Trex busts out of his "cage" in jurassic park and pushes a car over a cliff from, you know, where the Trex just step out of lol

I'm not bothered by it, the ocean isn't the same depth everywhere

Re: Pacific Rim 2 - August 4,2017

I loved the first one. Cannot wait to see concept designs for the second one.

1303-and-itsgone.jpg

Hollywood Gorilla Warfare: It’s Universal vs. Legendary Over ‘Kong: Skull Island’ (and Who Says "Thank You") - Hollywood Reporter

Legendary wanted to produce a sequel to del Toro's Pacific Rim, which was made under the Warners deal and turned into one of those films that grosses a lot ($411 million worldwide) while being so costly that a follow-up isn't a sure thing. Sources say Legendary liked that the original performed exceptionally well in China, where the company is heavily invested, but for now the project — which had been ramping up to make a release date in August 2017 — has been halted indefinitely and will be pushed back (if it gets made at all).

They'll put PRJob budget on Godzilla instead, which is a better waste of money regardless of quality.

This also means Hellboy 3 is dead since it was hinging on the performance of PR2.

1303-and-itsgone.jpg

Hollywood Gorilla Warfare: It’s Universal vs. Legendary Over ‘Kong: Skull Island’ (and Who Says "Thank You") - Hollywood Reporter

Legendary wanted to produce a sequel to del Toro's Pacific Rim, which was made under the Warners deal and turned into one of those films that grosses a lot ($411 million worldwide) while being so costly that a follow-up isn't a sure thing. Sources say Legendary liked that the original performed exceptionally well in China, where the company is heavily invested, but for now the project — which had been ramping up to make a release date in August 2017 — has been halted indefinitely and will be pushed back (if it gets made at all).

tumblr_m3vtivKWsV1qavb8jo4_250.gif

Re: Pacific Rim 2

Came to bring the bad news, but I see I was beaten to the punch. I hope it isn't cancelled, I really enjoyed Pacific Rim! It was way better than that steaming pile that was Godzilla.

Re: Pacific Rim 2

PR is not original though, at all.

Furthermore it was a sequel of an unoriginal movie :lol

It was very fun and everything, but original it wasn't.

Seems to be Del Toro's curse to have a lot of **** cancelled on him lately :lol

Although this could be a blessing in disguise, he's now free to make that game with Hideo Kojima or that Justice League Dark movie, any of which are preferable to PR2.

Back