Pacific Rim: Uprising - March 23, 2018

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pacific Rim 2 - April 7,2017

I thoroughly enjoyed the first movie and I'm happy to see a sequel being made. :yess:

Just give me more Jaeger Vs. Kaiju...

pacific-rim-kaiju-vs-jaeger.jpg

and more Mako Mori...

457457d5b226b5e72e5be0f5b6044de8.jpg
:drool

https://badassdigest.com/2014/06/26/its-official-pacific-rim-2-in-2017-animated-series-coming-first/

According to Guillermo del Toro, speaking on the official Legendary Entertainment YouTube channel, Pacific Rim 2 is happening. He's developing it with original writer Travis Beacham and Zack Penn, who is currently adapting Ready Player One. What's more, PacRim 2 will be preceded by an animated series, cementing that this is the new franchise for young geeks.

My.... My Dreams!!! My Dreams Came True!!!!

ibzkckCIY70o5C.gif

It wasn't a bad movie, but I would rather see Hellboy 3 than PacRim 2. Oh well.

I would prefer HB3 as well but Im glad they are doing this...I bet the success of Godzilla gave em the final push to do this. I also bet they will try to spend less money on the Budget too than the last film

Well... the good thing is there is plenty of room for improvement! :lol

I guess legendary pictures leaving WB is what saved this movie considering that Universal has no comic book properties they would take a risk on this original property dispite the fact that it did not really make the money they expected

But the sequels CGI budget has been slashed to bits. So no robots or monsters in this one.

Maybe giant monster Kaiju films will be the next film rage like the comic book films. Oh baby!

That would be awesome!!! :pray:

First one I thought was pretty average. I hope in this one we get more Robots vs Monsters and less cardboard humans. We also need them fighting during the day so you can really appreciate how cool they look. Despite my "eh" status on the first I'll give this a shot in a few years.

c38437780e0ddbfa0b48455afd2ddd0d7d0595c5a19f6cac02d43f92c3a98d53.jpg

Really Josh?
You defend Bayformers regardless of their cardboard humans and that you can hardly see anything during the fights... :dunno
At least in PR you don't have toilet humor, baked parents, robots humping, or "junkyards having sex with each other":lol

Just give us Gundam already the king of mecha

notsure-1.jpg

I guess legendary pictures leaving WB is what saved this movie considering that Universal has no comic book properties they would take a risk on this original property dispite the fact that it did not really make the money they expected

Actually what was part of the final push was the great merchandise sales!

Really Josh?
You defend Bayformers regardless of their cardboard humans and that you can hardly see anything during the fights... :dunno
At least in PR you don't have toilet humor, baked parents, robots humping, or "junkyards having sex with each other":lol

Really :)

The Transformers movies IMO are MUCH better than the PR movie. Everything about them is better at least for me. The devistators balls joke is a bit much I agree. As far as the Humans I care much more about them than what we got in PR outside the scientists who were funny. I'm not saying PR was awful but it's a 6/10 for me. The humans sucked as a whole and far too much fighting at night just made flat story. Maybe, I'll enjoy this one more because my expectations lowered. Guess, I'll find out in 2017. :lol

Last edited:

The Transformers movies IMO are MUCH better than the PR movies. Everything about them is better at least for me. The devistators balls joke is a bit much I agree. As far as the Humans I care much more about them than what we got in PR outside the scientists who were funny. I'm not saying PR was awful but it's a 6/10 for me. The humans sucked as a whole and far too much fighting at night just made flat story. Maybe, I'll enjoy this one more because my expectations lowered. Guess, I'll find out in 2017. :lol

wooooooooooow

iWRBSz4EGPPhO.gif

The Transformers movies IMO are MUCH better than the PR movie. Everything about them is better at least for me. The devistators balls joke is a bit much I agree. As far as the Humans I care much more about them than what we got in PR outside the scientists who were funny. I'm not saying PR was awful but it's a 6/10 for me. The humans sucked as a whole and far too much fighting at night just made flat story. Maybe, I'll enjoy this one more because my expectations lowered. Guess, I'll find out in 2017. :lol

Wut?..

I thoroughly enjoyed the first movie and I'm happy to see a sequel being made. :yess:

Just give me more Jaeger Vs. Kaiju...

pacific-rim-kaiju-vs-jaeger.jpg

YESS!!!!!

And that first fight with Danger and Knifehead at sea is one of my favorite opening scenes, ever, in any movie, so much ****ing awesome when Knife rises out of the ocean and then Danger rises up right in front of him. Can't tell you how freaking excited I am for this, and April is a much better time to release a film like this that will have weeks before the summer comes.

Ok, that explains your post in the Transformers thread.. :lol
For the record, I hated PR, but not as much as I hated TF2 and TF3....
:lol

Ok, that explains your post in the Transformers thread.. :lol
For the record, I hated PR, but not as much as I hated TF2 and TF3....
:lol

I don't hate PR. The Robots/Monsters are super well done and they're fun to watch and they're the reason I give it a 6/10. I was just left wanting when I left the theaters. I get some people don't like the Transformers movies but those have never left me wanting anything but looking forward to the next one. To each their own I guess.

Wow. I know opinions are opinions but this here says it all.

I don't hate PR. The Robots/Monsters are super well done and they're fun to watch and they're the reason I give it a 6/10. I was just left wanting when I left the theaters. I get some people don't like the Transformers movies but those have never left me wanting anything but looking forward to the next one. To each their own I guess.

I left wanting after each transformers. I left wanting Optimus to be the one to beat megatron, not the humans. I wanted the Decepticons to be better characters, I wanted to actually care when Jazz got ripped in half.

I wanted Jetfire to be the bad ass scientist he actually is, I wanted Q to actually be Wheeljack, minus the stupid personality, I wanted Devastator to be Long Haul, Mix Master, Hook, Bonecrusher, Scrapper, and Scavenger. I wanted The Fallen to be the bad ass gigantic Tank he was in the comics, not the skinny twig the film put out.

I wanted Optimus to not be a death spouting psycho path, Shockwave to be a real villain, Soundwave to actually be Megatrons second in charge, not have humans kills transformers in the most stupid of ways, not have Megatron die like a ***** at the hands of a psycho path Optimus prime.

hopefully the 4th one fixes some of those but from what I hear it doesn't.

Pacific Rim wins on the fact it never made me angry, some of the things in Transformers makes my blood boil.

Back