Empire Magazine's 30th Anniversary: 30 Most Iconic films since 1989

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I first saw Batman 89, I had no idea who Harvey/two face was, because I only knew Batman from the Adam West show and the super friends. It wasn't until I saw Batman the animated series that I learned about Two Face. Billie Dee Williams was never truly Harvey Dent to me. In retrospect, he was a bad choice. He was too cool, confident and stable to be Harvey Dent.

When I first saw Batman 89, I had no idea who Harvey/two face was, because I only knew Batman from the Adam West show and the super friends. It wasn't until I saw Batman the animated series that I learned about Two Face. Billie Dee Williams was never truly Harvey Dent to me. In retrospect, he was a bad choice. He was too cool, confident and stable to be Harvey Dent.

acf17919cb5c5568fec8530f0303d509.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol

Rey = First strong female character in a SW film
BP = First black superhero
CM = First female superhero
Short hair Dark Fate chick = First female badass in a Terminator flick (also first female terminator)
Etc.

You must be looking forward to the First Ever Strong Female superhero all over again when Natalie Portman picks up the hammer of Thor. I know I am :yess:

You must be looking forward to the First Ever Strong Female superhero all over again when Natalie Portman picks up the hammer of Thor. I know I am :yess:

And that’s why it’s mostly about marketing.

They know very well these are not ground breaking roles but they also know people have very short attention spans so they take advantage of that and slap on the moniker of “FIRST STRONG LEADING FEMALE!”

Trust me 25 years from now some movie will have another FIRST STRONG LEADING FEMALE lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure there were a lot of "strong" leading females in the 40s and 50s, back when female movie stars were a thing. Elizabeth Taylor played Cleopatra. It doesn't get much stronger than that, but you kids here only know Sarah Connor and Ripley. Silly kids. So yes, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel are the first. Because after the 20 year mark, it never happened.

The Empire 30 most iconic films since 1989 voted by the fans list.

1989 - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusades
1990 - Goodfellas
1991 - Terminator 2/ Point Break - TIED
1992 - Reservoir Dogs
1993 - Jurrasic Park
1994 - Pulp Fiction
1995 - Toy Story
1996 - Fargo
1997 - L.A. Confidential
1998 - Saving Private Ryan
1999 - The Matrix
2000 - Gladiator
2001 - Lord of the Rings
2002 - Lord of the Rings Two Towers
2003 - LOTR - Return of King
2004 - Shaun of the Dead
2005 - Broke Back Mountain
2006 - Pan's Labyrinth
2007 - No Country for Old Men
2008 - The Dark Knight
2009 - Inglorious Bastards
2010 - Inception
2011 - The Raid
2012 -Avengers
2013 - 12 Years a Slave
2014 - Whiplash/GOTG - Tied
2015- Mad Max
2016 - Captain America Civil War
2017 - Get Out
2018 - Avengers Infinity War

Meh, I would have chosen Drive. I'm still amazed that not a single Harry Potter, Jason Bourne, XMen or Pirates film made both lists. Those are some of the most iconic characters ever.

Meh, I would have chosen Drive. I'm still amazed that not a single Harry Potter, Jason Bourne, XMen or Pirates film made both lists. Those are some of the most iconic characters ever.

I'm not shocked.. Was not a huge fan of any of those films. I like some of them but don't find them to be game changers. They are good movies but not Great movies.. So they are easy to forget..

I agree with you about Drive though.. But man that film has a cult following.

Back