Offensive Jackson Five act

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As Shropt said "Wow, this is majorly out of context." This is an Australian show, that is just out to have a laugh at poor and bizarre acts. Australian. Nothing to do with Americans or their culture or cultural problems. What do you know of our culture? What about Americans saying "A dingo ate my baby". In the correct context it's funny. In reality it's seriously not. Grow some nuts.
Though it is true of course that cultures differ in terms of these things, I don't think that excuses racially demeaning behavior. Maybe it's not perceived that way by everybody in this video, but it sure looks that way to me. Was this OK, because the Spanish don't have a long, notable history of oppressing the Chinese?

https://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/b...-team-poses-for-offensive-pict?urn=oly,100152

popcorn.gif

i'm offended that i had to listen to harry jr. accept the apology of a whole nation, and then say african americans were related to baffoons or use to act like them :confused::confused: wth was that about and when did they act like baffoons (african americans that is).

notice that this canadian hick didn't use the "N" or "B" word. which never made and sence to me that AA's could use them words but not european americans.:confused::confused:
myself i could care less either way and i'm never offended from what people do or say. imo if this skirt would've aired like say last year before mike's death alot of people wouldn't or couldn't care less.

i am sick of apologizing for things i did not do. that is my stance on this whole thing. my family had a really ^^^^ty past as well. move on. that would be "change"

Though it is true of course that cultures differ in terms of these things, I don't think that excuses racially demeaning behavior. Maybe it's not perceived that way by everybody in this video, but it sure looks that way to me. Was this OK, because the Spanish don't have a long, notable history of oppressing the Chinese?

https://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/b...-team-poses-for-offensive-pict?urn=oly,100152
It's not for me to comment on your link, or that scenario.

You mention that you find this skit racially demeaning. How is it demeaning? You are choosing to focus your attention, and the acts intention, on something else. Distorting those intentions. The act was not demeaning race. If it was demeaning, it would have been demeaning to the Jacksons. As I said earlier hypocrits are we all.

How long has Michael Jackson been the brunt of jokes? Not just from white Americans, black, yellow, red Americans and peoples from all over the world. If an Asian performer chose to imitate Micheal Jackson, without blackening or whitening his face, would he be offensive to Asians, African Americans, Caucasians or a combination? It's not as if they came out minstrel style and painted their eyes and lips white. If anyone should be raising this issue it's The Jacksons, not Batty.

i'm offended that i had to listen to harry jr. accept the apology of a whole nation, and then say african americans were related to baffoons or use to act like them :confused::confused: wth was that about and when did they act like baffoons (african americans that is).

He was referring to the way African Americans have been portrayed as buffoons by the same type of black face performances.

He was referring to the way African Americans have been portrayed as buffoons by the same type of black face performances.

ah yes, that makes more sence. to the untrained (canadian) citizen about discrimination, it almost sounded like he insulted them (african americans) again.

racism aside, that was just a piss-poor performance. and that idiot female judge actually thought it was "cute and well-choreographed" and gave them a "7". wtf? it wasn't anywhere close to amusing or entertaining. the worst crime those morons committed was being excruciatingly lame. dumbasses.

That's why it's an Australian show and none of your businesses. You only see one act out of four, the other three happen to have been worse, but even then it's one segment out of a two and a half hour show. A show you know nothing about, nor the history of, while I have to read lame and dumbass commentary on, due to your lack of comprehension of the show and it's mentality.

The 'guest' judges always give high marks, while the one regular judge rarely gives any act more than a two. Lame and dumbass is part of the attraction of the show. Like watching a train wreck. Uh, uh, mentality. Duh.

that was just a piss-poor performance

That is the joke as far as us Aussies go! it's not talent show It's not our American Idle it's our "who's got the most piss poor act" which goes for about 4 mins in a 2hr show, & if my memory serves me correct most American celebrities used to judge on this show back in the 80's early 90's including Harry (it's not his first time on the show so he knew what it was like)

That's why it's an Australian show and none of your businesses. You only see one act out of four, the other three happen to have been worse, but even then it's one segment out of a two and a half hour show. A show you know nothing about, nor the history of, while I have to read lame and dumbass commentary on, due to your lack of comprehension of the show and it's mentality.

The 'guest' judges always give high marks, while the one regular judge rarely gives any act more than a two. Lame and dumbass is part of the attraction of the show. Like watching a train wreck. Uh, uh, mentality. Duh.

I support this man.

Back