Obi's Shipping!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vader AL said:
well if you went to sell it someone would pick a lower number over a higher number so there is logic in wanting a lower number. who gets #1 or 1-10..anyone ever seen one of those?

Of course we would all pick lower numbers but it's not the end all be all is what I'm saying. I would say those are saved for VIP's?

jlcmsu said:
Of course we would all pick lower numbers but it's not the end all be all is what I'm saying. I would say those are saved for VIP's?

true and the fact we are discussing it shows our passion for this product. the outside world would say that is sad but that's just because they aren't as cool as us......:rolleyes:

Josh SS just burned down your house and stole your cats .... defend them now! :google :D :monkey5 :peace

I am with you Tom (and I understand the good nature of the discussion), we HAVE been spoiled, and I like it! It is great to get a shipping notice at oh say, 10 pm and have a goodie come literally within the next 12 hours. Oh well, perhaps not this time. Obi just looks so absolutely amazing, I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! :monkey1 :monkey3

Vader AL said:
well if you went to sell it someone would pick a lower number over a higher number so there is logic in wanting a lower number. who gets #1 or 1-10..anyone ever seen one of those?

I have a few pieces that are numbered VERY low, notably an Eowyn helm at #11, and the SDCC Rohirrim bust #14 - both came right from SS.

Vader AL said:
true and the fact we are discussing it shows our passion for this product. the outside world would say that is sad but that's just because they aren't as cool as us......:rolleyes:

I agree. They just aren't as cool. I feel bad for them really. :monkey5

LOTRFan said:
Josh SS just burned down your house and stole your cats .... defend them now! :google :D :monkey5 :peace

LOL :monkey5

I just received my notice! Obi Wan is on the way!! Should be here on the 4th. Also, my regular edition 12 inch Luke figure is coming on the same day!!
The only bad thing is I will be at work. Oh well, it will be a long day.

I'm not sure what's up with the subject on "who" recieves low edition numbers. I bought a Demon Freddy from Sideshow around Halloween last year, a good few months after it already shipped. Somehow, I got #11.

#11!!!

Explain that.
Did the person who was say... 11th to preorder or something cancel their order? Do they just pull one off a pile for you? It drives me mad.:google

I definitely agree that the numbers are just random. My vader exclusive is #8 and I can say with relative certainty that I wasn't one of the first 8 to order.

am i the only one that wishes SS would use a better pen or handwriting to write the edition numbers on the product? maybe some kind of plaque type inscription. i know i'm being picky but it would make their awesome stuff even....umm....awesomer! :D

just so i'm in line with the topic i'll announce that mine will be here on the
4th.

Vader AL said:
am i the only one that wishes SS would use a better pen or handwriting to write the edition numbers on the product? maybe some kind of plaque type inscription. i know i'm being picky but it would make their awesome stuff even....umm....awesomer! :D

just so i'm in line with the topic i'll announce that mine will be here on the
4th.

I dunno. I like the hand written number on the bottom. Not sure why, to me it just seems more personal and "limited". I know it's not...just feels that way to me. Like someone took the time to write it rather than just "stamp" it on.

KitFisto said:
I dunno. I like the hand written number on the bottom. Not sure why, to me it just seems more personal and "limited". I know it's not...just feels that way to me. Like someone took the time to write it rather than just "stamp" it on.

yeah i agree with that....but wouldn't you like a fancier handwriting? :D

I like the handwritten numbers... reminds you that people made it. That it was a labor of love to bring the statue to your home. But that could just be the artist in me that loves the more hands on approach to things...:D

DarkArtist81 said:
That it was a labor of love to bring the statue to your home.

It may have been a labor of love to make it, but I'm not going to say that Fedex considers it a labor of love to actually bring it to my home. I think it's more like a joke to them. But seriously, Sideshow definitely loves what they do, and that love comes out in every piece they produce. And I don't mind the handwritten numbers. Feels "human."

Last edited:
I think my Fed-Ex guy actually digs bringing me stuff. Not sure if I should be worried about that though.:monkey5

I know a lot of you have had issues with Fed Ex in the past, but its not all that bad. My Fed Ex guy and I get a long so well that he calls me every time before he delivers. He gave me his cell number one day because he delivered 5 items back to back the same week. Now that's some service, wouldn't you agree?:D

88th division said:
I just received my notice! Obi Wan is on the way!! Should be here on the 4th. Also, my regular edition 12 inch Luke figure is coming on the same day!!
The only bad thing is I will be at work. Oh well, it will be a long day.

I'm getting the exact same 2 things on the exact day and I'm also going to be at work. The difference is everything gets delivered to my job. I inspect everything and if I have to return anything I use my work UPS account.

I just wish there was an option. Either Fed Ex or UPS. But most importantly a better option than ground shipping. If I'm paying for it who cares? Just let me do 3 day delivery.

jlcmsu said:

I'm not big on low numbers, but I do prefer them over high ones if I had the choice. I particularly don't care about numbers on Sideshow pieces, because the number is printed on the bottom and you can't see it. I care about it more on plaques that are displayed with the piece, such as MR sabers as an example.

SS does apparently hold back the low #'s for VIP's. If they released the #1 pieces to the public, then I'm sure someone here would have one. I wish they treated low #'s like MR does. MR holds the AP's back for the VIP's and lets the public get all of the numbered pieces. I've had TONS of Sideshow pieces, and my lowest numbers from them are in the 30's.

I've gotten #6, #8, #23, and #24 pieces from MR, and I don't even collect that much from them. Sideshow should release the numbers like they do (First 300 orders get one of the first 300 numbers randomly).

carbo-fation said:
I know a lot of you have had issues with Fed Ex in the past, but its not all that bad. My Fed Ex guy and I get a long so well that he calls me every time before he delivers. He gave me his cell number one day because he delivered 5 items back to back the same week. Now that's some service, wouldn't you agree?:D

My Fedex guy at the city I used to live in was HORRIBLE. I've since moved, and the Fedex guy in my new city is just awesome.

He calls me on my cell if I'm not home, and he lets me meet him somewhere on his route to pick up my package. Actually, leebgb from this board and I have the same driver. He noted that both of us receive SS packages about every week, and asked if I knew him. Small world.

Back