The Wild West - All Things Western

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few of our sets over the past few years...
78054700_1151452755052950_6681190437769707520_n.jpg
BILLY.jpg
DEADWOOD.jpg
SEARCHER.jpg
UNFORGIVEN.jpg
WWW (2).jpg
BONANZA (2).jpg

I loved my Johnny West figures, General Custer, Capt. Maddox, sam Cobra, Sheriff Garrett, the horses, etc.

Speaking of the Lone Ranger…
[
500577-IMG-0746.jpeg
ATTACH=full]692037[/ATTACH]
That is a great Lone Ranger and it inspired me to kitbash my own version at that time:
9171229346_013984809b_h.jpg
Gorgeous customs.
The all bright Blue and White hat (and horse) really stood out as a bright spot in the Western genre (maybe to much for a modern audience)
With the black Inverness/dusters these Lone Rangers seem somewhat channeling the Shadow. Though it legit makes sense, some 220 episodes, you're think he had something for the rain, winter season, (maybe a lighter slate-blue) did he ever wear something like it on the show?

Fantastic coillection.

Anyone have The 7
the_magnificent_seven_by_peterpulp_d9rkpnj-fullview.jpg

While at it someone (Infinite Statue?) with the analogous Samurai...
8ig91m.jpg

Last edited:
8ijrpr.jpg

8ijikt.jpg

I loved my Johnny West figures, General Custer, Capt. Maddox, sam Cobra, Sheriff Garrett, the horses, etc.
Before my time, older kids always used to have them, spare parts, accessories, horses, loose collection always seemed to be around, seemed like a substantial great line, which fueled a generations play.

Also before the Batman or Mando Armory, they had a BotW Armory well a Travel Case.
8ildzg.jpg
8ile7l.jpg
1709952080108.jpeg

Imagine putting a travel handle on the Batman Armory, and letting a kid run around with it. :lol

In the smaller toy-soldier scale, Marx really seemed to have defined Western figures and playlets, both unique, and several of the first licensed properties.

Last edited:
I loved the accessories too! To bad the bag always broke off on one side and the little key always seemed to disappear.

I have a number of Western figures (including the Redman Wyatt Earp & both Doc Holidays, the ArtFigs custom John Wayne (The Searchers), James West & Artemis Gordon (still have to find suitable bodies), the ArtFigs' Deadwood Olyphant and McShane, the Iminime Blondie, Sideshow's Blondie, the Redman & Present Toys Angel Eyes & Tuco (not happy with the short body Present used for Angel Eyes, or the really tall body they used for Tuco), The Man In Black (Westworld), and the Kaustic Plastik Bud Spencer (the only one I have a pic of). Sorry I don't have pics of these yet.

But, here's the most basic figures I started making/bashing for my own West-World (still need a bunch of accessories for the majority of these characters). Some of the clothes are custom made from Amy Jones (AJClothiers), and many are from BattlegearToys. The main character figure (the first one shown) is a combination (mostly of LIM Toys Arthur), Easy&Simple for the head sculpt, the jacket from the Sam Elliott Ghost Rider figure (can't remember who made it). (My pics are rather crap so ignore that if you can).

_DSC3736.JPG

_DSC3738.JPG

_DSC3729.JPG

_dsc3726.jpg

_DSC3721.JPG

_DSC3722.JPG

_DSC3728.JPG

_DSC3733.JPG

_DSC3759.JPG

_DSC3761.JPG

_DSC3781.JPG

_DSC3783.JPG

_DSC3855.JPG

Charley Kittrick, Blacksmith.JPG

Henry Foggers.JPG

_DSC3922.JPG

_DSC3824.JPG

_DSC3987.JPG

_DSC3988.JPG

Since his character was a synthetic being, I found a robotic sculpt in a parts bin. Thought this looked cool.

Attachments

• 20240304_162909.jpg
    20240304_162909.jpg
    889 KB · Views: 0
Well my friends, following some protracted deliberations I have decided to have 5 Outlaws no more, hard decision to make although I ask myself why that is, it must be the temptation calling to me. 5 figures to represent my tribute to the Western Genre.

It is all about timing.

Images to follow in due course.

I have quite a few western related parts if of interest.

Attachments

• 20240417_152506.jpg
    20240417_152506.jpg
    795.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It certainly is,. 3 with dusters was done once upon a time, 7 magnificent men too. 4 too few and 6 too many which brings me to 5.

The final Outlaws line up is nearly there.. waiting for John Marston. If Dutch arrives he may well be the fly in the ointment.

There shall be discreet nods to the western which includes the pocket watch for Once Upon A Time held by Carter Slade who shall take centre stage.

Attachments

• 20240417_155848.jpg
    20240417_155848.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Back