Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On display at Tokyo Comic Con 2023

v7Cp7tV.png

Pbp0mxN.jpg
Anatomically it looks weird there. I know they had to do this to accommodate the tongue but if he was jutting out his bottom teeth that much, his lower jaw should be thrust much further out. Try to replicate that expression and you'll see what I mean. Not as bad as that AntMan sculpt but similar vibes.

The sculpt looks weirder every time I see it, and the eyes don't look right there, I considered getting this as a backup Joker but I don't really see much likeness to him from any scene from the movie and I don't see anything on it that's better than the InArt, I think I'll end up passing. It seems it will mostly look at it's best from one angle and one eye position.

Last edited:
As with every figure no photos matter regarding proportions as long as its taken with a phone, 4k, 8k or not. The official photos despite their over the top color and light photoshopping have always been a good measuring stick on a figure's proportions. Different camera and/or different settings makes it look like a different figure every time.

maxresdefault (1).jpg

As with every figure no photos matter regarding proportions as long as its taken with a phone, 4k, 8k or not. The official photos despite their over the top color and light photoshopping have always been a good measuring stick on a figure's proportions. Different camera and/or different settings makes it look like a different figure every time.

View attachment 677492
It's the eyes for me. It's the eyes on 99% of all sculpts that either make or break it. The eyes look really good in that photo you posted but in the Tokyo one, they look really off, throwing the entire likeness off.

I believe in hand very few people will be disappointed with either the artisan or regular version, bar bad hair days. The sculpt is fantastic, up there with INART. Personally, I am not a fan of the tongue, but the 3D effect of the teeth being a separate little piece and not just part of the face mold to be painted is in my opinion a probably unintended effect that gives the HT face more realism.

120 suits in total, 20 already shipped, 40 to ship this month, leaves another 60 left to be made, this run won’t complete until at least April. I’ve kind of lost interest in it but will still use it I’m sure.

Sounds like a red flag. I really hate dealing with customs.

Recently I got scammed by Zhent Luvy who also goes by Kaizen custom. At least I've been trying to reach him for months about a $300 order I made more than a year ago, and he keeps on dodging. I really hope he's not deliberately gone and robbed me, but he's clearly dodging me at this point. If this goes south I'm done.

Last edited:
It’s not, he works on more than just custom runs. Just has his plate full and venturing off into too many avenues.

120 suits in total, 20 already shipped, 40 to ship this month, leaves another 60 left to be made, this run won’t complete until at least April. I’ve kind of lost interest in it but will still use it I’m sure.
That's unfortunate. Well, even if you didn't want to use it, I'm sure there would be someone willing to buy it off you. As we know, there's no short of TDK Joker enthusiast.
Sounds like a red flag. I really hate dealing with customs.
eh, customs will always take longer than expected. So one should always expect a delay. But that said,...
Recently I got scammed by Zhent Luvi who also goes by Kaizen custom. At least I've been trying to reach him for months about a $300 order I made more than a year ago, and he keeps on dodging. I really hope he's not deliberately gone and robbed me, but he's clearly dodging me at this point. If this goes south I'm done.
I hope you paid as Goods and Services rather than Friends and Family. I would've been asking for my money back by now (whether that's paypal or my CC company) if it's been that obvious that he's ducking your communication.

eh, customs will always take longer than expected. So one should always expect a delay. But that said,...

I hope you paid as Goods and Services rather than Friends and Family. I would've been asking for my money back by now (whether that's paypal or my CC company) if it's been that obvious that he's ducking your communication.
the window has long passed. I'm not covered.

If he paid over a year ago then goods & services no longer works, 6 month expiration date with PayPal.

Back