The Wild West - All Things Western

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remembermyname

You brought two too many
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello my friends

Everything related to the Western Genre, figures, literature, films, stories, and discussion.

On a humorous note let me begin with the words of a certain sheriff from Dirt.

"Let's Ride"

Attachments

• 20240302_085306.jpg
    20240302_085306.jpg
    931.9 KB · Views: 8
I shall if I may take the reins and begin. It seems fitting that we begin with John Wayne. During my childhood he seemed to be on our small TV most of the time. If I chose one performance in a western from Mr Wayne it would be as Thomas Dunson in Red River 1948, what a cast, what a picture. I went to see Mr Wayne's final perfomance as JB Brooks in The Shootist in 1976, a fine tribute, the rest is history.

Over to you my friends....

Last edited:
The Duke is my all time favorite :hi5:

Most who know me on here already know this, but for my newer friends The Searchers is the greatest western ever made. It has everything you need and Ethan Edwards is one of the more interesting characters ever created. John Wayne’s acting was on another level in this film and I think it was his greatest role hands down. I could go on and on, but I won’t :lol

I know a lot of people have Sergio at the top of their list, but Ford is number one in my book. I love the spaghetti western, but classic American Cinema is what I enjoy most.

“ That'll be the day”
39836686084_e1bc4a98a5_c.jpg

Attachments

• 1709407976743.jpeg
    1709407976743.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1709408004503.jpeg
    1709408004503.jpeg
    205.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1709408085084.jpeg
    1709408085084.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 1709408122682.jpeg
    1709408122682.jpeg
    22.3 KB · Views: 0
The Western like all things is one man's sweet is anothers poison. John Wayne's performance in The Searchers is up there and may be his finest.

When asked which is my favourite western I say "One I have yet to see" Once Upon A Time In The West is my first choice if I had to choose now, but by July of this year it could be Horizon An American Saga Part I, by Part IV who knows.

Variety is the spice of life.

Cool idea for a thread. I have a bunch of Western figures (many bought, some customs, and a number of kitbashes for my own Western world). When I get up the energy I’ll take pics, and try to dig out the ones I have to add.

Nice thread, I’m a big western fan, though up until recently didn’t own much in the way of collectibles. I have the old Sideshow Six Gun Legends Billy the Kid, Limtoys Arthur Morgan, just got the JXT Red Dead horse and I also own the Blitzway Zorro, which I consider part of my western collection. Sideshow have come through with the goods with the Clint Eastwood collection, and I’ve since added Blondie, Preacher and Josey Wales to the collection.
Now just waiting for Limtoys to release their John Marston, and Unforgiven William Munny.
Would definitely love to see more companies tackle some western icons.

I agree, John Wayne seemed to be on tv constantly when I was younger. Between The Duke, Clint Eastwood, James West, Gunsmoke, and Bonanza, tv was so awesome back in the 60’s and 70’s.
Yes it was a time for Westerns on TV, films, TV shows, Wells Fargo with Dale Robertson, The Rifleman with Chuck Connors and The Virginian with James Drury. Dale Robertson I understand was considered to be one of the best horseman, rode his own horse named Jubilee. Although right handed, trained himself to use his left for his role in Wells Faŕgo.

A lifetime of watching westerns has me ready for Horizon An American Saga Part I.

Last edited:
Agree, great theme...
cowboy.gif

While at it let's get a 1:6 figure (maybe infinite statue?) of Gary Cooper as Marshal Will Kane
AJeM_x.gif

8hrxei.jpg
What a Picture. Infinite Statue and Kaustic Plastik are probably the most likely Company to pursue the Western subject to License, however Sideshow could see the potential too.

Just imagine for a moment if Lim Toys acquired the licence what they could do.

Interesting times for all things Western.

Last edited:
I may have mentioned Kevin Costners Horizon An American Saga in four parts. There is so much in the media that the flow of information could spoil the viewing or certainly take off the edge of the Cinema Experience. I shall go dark on this now and wait for the 28th June....See you all there.

I reckon before this thread gets any further I should mention George Temple, I have known of George since I was a young boy, my father told me George is the fastest gun alive I was immediately captivated and still so to this day. I am speaking of The Fastest Gun Alive 1956 starring Glenn Ford as George Temple. Mr Ford was the fastest gun in Hollywood too drawing the revolver in 0. 4 seconds. If you have yet to see it, seek it out, great title, performances and yes what a picture.

Last edited:
Back