Statuesque - Greetings to one and all!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did say US were way ahead of us but not all of the US. Ebay has the worst possible customer support/service I have ever encountered. I closed my ebay store very quickly because of their useless approach. It's the way forward. If you receive service you don;t like then don;t use them again. We throw that comment around so often 'talk with your wallet' but we rarely actually do it. I had a payment gateway mess me around, I only have Paypal currently and really wanted the services provided by the gateway. I cancelled the process due to their useless handling of a new account. I am working to get another gateway who are really good with their contact and support so fingers crossed. It's not something as a customer we should tolerate except sadly it's the 'British' in us that allows most of us to simply 'soldier on regardless'

I think the collecting retail industry lives in a world of it's own. Aside from the chains you have a lot of independent retailers, often working from home, who want to appear as (or are) "one of the lads" which is great. This results in customers giving them more leeway as they treat them as fellow collectors instead of a retailer, which is where things can get dangerous. Without that "relationship" there wouldn't be so many people getting taken advantage of.

I don't know of any other product selling area in retail where you have so many people who buy the products transitioning to selling. On the one hand it's great from those who create a business where they treat customers how they would like to be treated. On the flip side, you're talking about people who probably have little experience of running a business and we've seen it go/going wrong on more than one occasion.

I'm not aiming that at you by the way Steve, just an observation about the good and bad customer service resulting from what are often small, home based businesses. The other thing is that this is one of the only retail areas where you see deposits used. Without that, half of the issues seen in the past wouldn't have existed.

I applaud your attitude though and agree with what you've said above. I think it's something that's required these days to get your foot in the door as too many people have had their fingers burned and are wary of suppliers now. I mainly use one supplier who's brilliant, but I often look for things elsewhere when I have to.

It's a hobby , hobbies involve passion. Passion leads to love, love leads to blindness and forgiving, blindness leads to the dark side :)
Oh ok, yes I have Star Wars on the brain but all kind of true :)

Attachments

• 47899 - DARTH MAUL-min.jpg
    47899 - DARTH MAUL-min.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 68
Week beginning 10th November

Hot Toys Episode VII regular trooper now sold out. Small amounts left of all the hot toys new star wars range.
Samurai Boba Fett sold out for now. Maybe more in the future though.
Yamato Athena orders will be shipped in the next few days.

Preorder
HOT TOYS - STAR WARS 1/6 SCALE CAPTAIN PHASMA ACTON FIGURE
MEZCO - CHILD PLAY CHUCKY GOOD GUY ROTO ACTION FIGURE
SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES - GREEN LANTERN PREMIUM FORMAT FIGURE
Flexible payments and Free EU shipping on all items.
*** Clearance Items ***

Week beginning 14th December

Have a drink on us this Christmas or a tub of popcorn if you prefer when you see Star Wars - £5 off your order. Use the code offered as you checkout to claim it. Offer runs throughout December!

Preorder
SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES - GREEN GOBLIN PREMIUM FORMAT FIGURE

NEW IN STOCK
KOTOBUKIYA - ROGUE DANGER ROOM SESSION FINE ART STATUE
KOTOBUKIYA - BLACK BUTLER BOOK OF CIRCUS UNDERTAKER STATUE
KOTOBUKIYA BATMAN CLASSIC COSTUME ARTFX+ FIGURE

Flexible payments and Free EU shipping on all items.
Items currently discounted or on special offer

Hey there.

There's a discount on the item. The timer is basically showing when the discount ends ;)

Ah I see.

But without mentioning that anywhere it kind of just looks like a random timer. How would anyone know that was what it was for?

Week beginning 21st December

Have a drink on us this Christmas or a tub of popcorn if you prefer when you see Star Wars - £5 off your order. Use the code offered as you checkout to claim it. Offer runs throughout December!

Preorder
BLITZWAY - ROCKY II SYLVESTER STALLONE 52CM STATUE
SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES - WOLVERINE 12" ACTION FIGURE
HOT TOYS - Captain America Civil War - 1/6 Iron Man Mark XLVI 31 Cm

Flexible payments [Pay in Full / Pay Monthly / Pay a deposit only] and Free EU shipping on all items.
Items currently discounted or on special offer

Back