Mortal Kombat

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please tell me that trailer is not for the new movie because that just looks so stupidly cliche.

It's whats been pitched to Warner Bros. by the Director (Not sure who, read who it was somewhere but can't remember now) what their take on it would look like.

I like it!

EDIT: According to IGN its:

That director is Kevin Tancharoen, who helmed 2009's Fame remake. Wisely, he traded leg warmers for Baraka arm knives

https://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/109/1095919p1.html

Hell yes! Looking foward to this. I really hope they bring back the Kreate-a-Fighter that Armageddon had. I allways thought that was pretty cool. Damn I really wish HT or SS would get the MK license. I'm still waiting for a 1/6 Scorpion.

GOOD IDEA BUT HOT TOYS NO SIDESHOW:goodpost:

Please tell me that trailer is not for the new movie because that just looks so stupidly cliche.

Exactly, it looks like they found Baraka off bmezine..com :monkey4, and how are they going to do Raiden?, have some crappy caucasian actor walk around with Tesla coils strapped to himself.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with 'modern day', but MK is too fantastical to be made realistic and still keep it feeling like Mortal Kombat. It worked for Batman, but it just can't work for MK. Its like turning MK into UFC with a bunch of freaks. :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with 'modern day', but MK is too fantastical to be made realistic and still keep it feeling like Mortal Kombat. It worked for Batman, but it just can't work for MK. Its like turning MK into UFC with a bunch of freaks. :rolleyes:

Maybe so, but ya never know. There may be some elements...I mean scorpion had white eyes...sub-zero was still sub-zero..

I do like the mythology of Mk myself as well though.

New game looks great. New movie does NOT! :yuck

I bet if that was the opening to the 3rd DK film, you'd be like "thats so awsome, Killer Croc eating brains". heh

This MK game, it's a Tag team game? Looks like MK2 with a tag system.

Come to think of it, I'd rather much prefer it if they keep the mystical aspect of the series. I mean, majority of the characters are from the Outworld. How the hell are they going to explain that!?....

-Jackson Briggs File-(CONFIDENTIAL)

"Operation: Outworld"

"Rumour has it that the people of Outworld Inc., well known for breakthroughs on genetic engineering, were secretly splicing human DNA with different animals to create entirely new species at the behest of the U.S. Government for the war in terrorism. According to some sources, instead of destroying some of the failed "experiments", majority end up in an underground tournament, operated by a man that goes by the name Shang-Tsung, to be used and pitted against criminals and other low life degenerates."

Ohhhhhh, I like my idea but still, mystical MK FTW!:winner

Back