Metal Gear Solid Trilogy HD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I decided to visit a few forums around the net (like Amazon and Gamefaqs) and from what I've read, it appears as if there's a shortage for the PS3 version of the Limited Edition, and not everyone's having their orders fulfilled.

I've decided to keep my LE sealed for now, and just monitor what's going on. If the PS3 version ends up being just as limited as the MGS 3 LE that was released five years ago, then I might just leave it sealed, and invest in a giant acrylic display case for that huge box.

So, I decided to visit a few forums around the net (like Amazon and Gamefaqs) and from what I've read, it appears as if there's a shortage for the PS3 version of the Limited Edition, and not everyone's having their orders fulfilled.

I've decided to keep my LE sealed for now, and just monitor what's going on. If the PS3 version ends up being just as limited as the MGS 3 LE that was released five years ago, then I might just leave it sealed, and invest in a giant acrylic display case for that huge box.

I remember the MGS3LE problem. I had it preorder and it was not fullfillment. The prices sky rocketed but believe it or not I found a copy used in mint condition for only $25. I did get my HD collection LE and I think it was worth it. The art book is amazing.

Alert!

Some DieSnake.com folk noticed that on thezavvi site, the Ultimate Metal Gear Solid collection had not had the date changed. When the bordies emailed Zavvi to confirm, they replied saying that the collection is no longer going to be made!

zavvi.jpg

typical us Europeans get screwed again!

credit to LiquidLjungberg02

I remember the MGS3LE problem. I had it preorder and it was not fullfillment. The prices sky rocketed but believe it or not I found a copy used in mint condition for only $25. I did get my HD collection LE and I think it was worth it. The art book is amazing.

As it happens, I missed my chance to get the MGS 3 LE. It still haunts me to this day :monkey2. I'll definitely drop a few hundred bucks if I have to for it next year - that's if I find a sealed copy.

By the way, since you opened your copy of the MGS Collection LE, perhaps you can tell me if the art book is different from the previous MGS art books that were released. Are there any new pictures, or is the art book just a compilation of selected bits and pieces of the old art books?

Alert!

Some DieSnake.com folk noticed that on thezavvi site, the Ultimate Metal Gear Solid collection had not had the date changed. When the bordies emailed Zavvi to confirm, they replied saying that the collection is no longer going to be made!

That sucks man. So sorry to hear that.

As it happens, I missed my chance to get the MGS 3 LE. It still haunts me to this day :monkey2. I'll definitely drop a few hundred bucks if I have to for it next year - that's if I find a sealed copy.

By the way, since you opened your copy of the MGS Collection LE, perhaps you can tell me if the art book is different from the previous MGS art books that were released. Are there any new pictures, or is the art book just a compilation of selected bits and pieces of the old art books?

Unfortunately I only own the art work book for the LE Peace walker but from what I can see the HD Collection is a compilation from the three games.

I was looking pretty hard to find the MGS HD LE but here in Canada, it seems like only EB Games(Gamestop) carried them. I called around 10 EB Games but they all told me that they only had around 6 copies per store and they were for ppl that reserved them. So they are freaking limited here in Canada. Is that the same as in the states?

I was looking pretty hard to find the MGS HD LE but here in Canada, it seems like only EB Games(Gamestop) carried them. I called around 10 EB Games but they all told me that they only had around 6 copies per store and they were for ppl that reserved them. So they are freaking limited here in Canada. Is that the same as in the states?

Yeah, it's the same. Well, except that Amazon.com also carried a number of Limited Editions for sale. Amazon and Gamestop, that was it. The PS3 version is completely sold out now, but there are still 360 LEs available for sale at Amazon.

Called a few Gamestops for the PS3 LE. Only found 1 in-stock. Took them almost 10 minutes to find it in the back room. Pretty fitting. :lol

Alert!

zavvi.jpg

What?? I have their Steelbook on order too. WTF?? I've been holding off ordering the US version for this, but I guess not anymore.

anyone have this for the 360? how are the controls ?

As of now, there are two people in the U.S. who have the 360 version of the LE. The first guy bought it from Gamestop in South Carolina and posted a YouTube video a few weeks ago, and there's a rumor of a second person who bought a 360 LE from Amazon, but no one's really sure. Konami is eagerly investigating the whereabouts of this possible second person. I'm guessing just to figure out why the #### he bought it for the 360, and to give him some free pocky as a reward for his purchase, that let the CEO keep his job.

Wait, are you... him?! :horror

As of now, there are two people in the U.S. who have the 360 version of the LE. The first guy bought it from Gamestop in South Carolina and posted a YouTube video a few weeks ago, and there's a rumor of a second person who bought a 360 LE from Amazon, but no one's really sure. Konami is eagerly investigating the whereabouts of this possible second person. I'm guessing just to figure out why the #### he bought it for the 360, and to give him some free pocky as a reward for his purchase, that let the CEO keep his job.

Wait, are you... him?! :horror

Actually if that's the case, then there's 3 people! And I'd be that 3rd person! I bought it from Amazon and I actually recorded a review, but then my video editing program stopped working, so I decided to scrape that for now. I haven't have time to go back to it all week, and I figured there would be other reviews anyhow.

The reason I bought for the 360 is for the achievements, which you know are so much cooler than trophies. :nana:

Plus, I already own the originals on the PS2, so it's not like I'm missing out too much on those controls. I already have all my other games on the 360. I took the chance to play it on a new system.
As far as the controls go, they're not too bad on the 360, which was my biggest concern for this version of the game.

6341221080_1c167a482e_b.jpg

Actually if that's the case, then there's 3 people! And I'd be that 3rd person! I bought it from Amazon and I actually recorded a review, but then my video editing program stopped working, so I decided to scrape that for now. I haven't have time to go back to it all week, and I figured there would be other reviews anyhow.

The reason I bought for the 360 is for the achievements, which you know are so much cooler than trophies. :nana:

Plus, I already own the originals on the PS2, so it's not like I'm missing out too much on those controls. I already have all my other games on the 360. I took the chance to play it on a new system.
As far as the controls go, they're not too bad on the 360, which was my biggest concern for this version of the game.

6341221080_1c167a482e_b.jpg

lmao! I love how you caught my signature in the background! :hi5:

Congrats on getting it. It's cool whichever version you decide to get. I was just messing around. It's just kinda funny how fast the PS3 one sold out compared to the 360, given all the hype for this edition a few months ago :lol.

been tryin a bit of all 3 games and although all of em look awesome, snake eater looks best out of the bunch.

Im thinking bout buyin the Xbox one just for the artbook and sell the rest. since theres no more PS3 ones.

Hopefully we get the Limited Edition in europe

^I can't help but wonder what awesome bonuses you guys in the UK will have for this long wait. It better be more than just an art book!

Back