Metal Gear Rising [Revengeance]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bayonetta is definitely not for the faint of heart. I needed a lot of practice just to beat that game on its normal mode. Anyone who manages to platinum or get all of the achievements deserves to win some sort of medal.

Yeah, it's tough. I really like those games, but I just could never really do to well in them. I played Devil May Cry 1 a lot, but I just kept getting killed at a certain point and couldn't progress. Resident Evil and Onimusha were always more my speed.

Yeah Biojex, what Dominishin said. The original MGS Rising footage had dismemberment as part of the standard combat, and not a special finishing move.

Original MGS Rising:
ihhDnP9FOgPcR.gif

iERbWaj5zMuZi.gif

New MGR Revengeance:
risingg2rtp.gif

I don't really have a problem with the change, apart from the loss of the 'gee-whiz' cool factor. It would have made the game pretty easy, I'd imagine. I hope they found a way to keep the destructible environments, but I'm not hopeful.

I think it sucks that the frames per seconds have dropped quite a bit between the original vid and the newest one :monkey2 The gameplay also went from a "I move with elegance and grace" style to a "rough around the edges, pause half a sec to look at my moves before the enemies fall apart" type of....wierd...thingie.

Is this long haired dude supposed to be related to vamp? They surely do carry some similarities. :dunno

Picking up the Metal Gear was just..............unexpected.......in a good "I didn't think he was THAT strong" way. I don't think Grey Fox can F__k with Raiden anymore. Besides, Raiden didn't get crushed with one arm, but Fox certainly did. Both were trying to protect Snake too.

I hope Kojima remakes the Metal Gear games from nintendo because they look and play like doodoo. He could turn all of them into one long game so we can see the battle between Big Boss and Solid Snake in a superior way. I think the first part should be played by Big Boss, and the rest should be with Solid Snake.

Last edited:
i dont like it... its too far from the mgs format.. too crazy.... the orginal rising looked alot better imo

Actually it's not. It matches Raiden debut scene in MGS4 and his vamp fight quite well.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7YIy3ed8m0&feature=related"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7YIy3ed8m0&feature=related[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R61cCBUWNQM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R61cCBUWNQM[/ame]

Why on earth didn't they change it to Metal Gear Raiden: Rising or just Metal Gear Raiden? besides, it's not about mgs in particular and I see potential stealth kills with swords as a possibility. Leap of a roof Arkham city style, and shove your sword though a solider :pray:

Last edited:
i mean, the gameplay... if you watch the old one, he still moves like he does in any other mgs game..the new one... ugh....

the new trailer is dissapointing it looks so generic and nothing like the metal gear games at all.

Actually it's not. It matches Raiden debut scene in MGS4 and his vamp fight quite well.

Why on earth didn't they change it to Metal Gear Raiden: Rising or just Metal Gear Raiden? besides, it's not about mgs in particular and I see potential stealth kills with swords as a possibility. Leap of a roof Arkham city style, and shove your sword though a solider :pray:

No it doesn't. The Raiden in MGS 4 was stealthy, and he only appeared when it was absolutely necessary for him to do battle, like the time when he showed up to save Snake, Naomi and Drebin from the Gekkos. Also, he was far from being an unstoppable killing machine, and his fight with Vamp only proved that fact, when he sustained massive injuries and almost died. I like that Raiden more than Dante Raiden in the trailer :lol.

I thought about the name change myself, and I think it was done, as to not confuse the main games with the Rising spin-off. This will leave "Metal Gear Solid" to be handled and developed by Kojima himself.

i dont like it... its too far from the mgs format.. too crazy.... the orginal rising looked alot better imo

The original Rising was a very ambitious venture. I'm sure that it would have come into fruition if Kojima was in the directing role again, but his decision to take a hands-off approach, resulted in the game that's currently being developed.

Original MGS Rising:
ihhDnP9FOgPcR.gif

iERbWaj5zMuZi.gif

New MGR Revengeance:
risingg2rtp.gif

Oh man it looked soo much better before in everyway. Better graphics, better FPS, better style, better music.

The story would have been badass too! The origin of how Raiden became a cyborg. ____, hopefully they make that game in the future.

What ever Kojima is working on better be good enough to warrant throwing this away:slap

On a positive note i loved Vanquish alot

Awww man. It was cool to see a game where a sword actually cut you if it made contact.
Original MGS Rising:
ihhDnP9FOgPcR.gif

iERbWaj5zMuZi.gif

Not like this.
New MGR Revengeance:
risingg2rtp.gif

I'm still interested in playing this, but I did want to play something a bit different. Now it seems like another flashy hack & slash. I don't know if there is even going to be any stealth in this game :slap

I want to delicately slice watermelons with a katana :gah:

On another note, I find it very strange that Matsuyama being replaced as lead director in the Rising project, hasn't been covered that much in gaming news. I believe that there was definitely some sort of major shake-up/arguments going on at KojiPro headquarters, as there was a need to push this game out faster than they were developing. Hence, the reason for why they canned what was originally intended, got rid of the lead director that Kojima originally chose (Matsuyama), and teamed up with Platinum Games so that they could develop this game with haste, by utilizing currently existing mechanics from Devil May Cry and Bayonetta. So, instead of trying to develop something revolutionary (as they intended from the beginning), they went with practicality.

From the way I look at it, this games isn't what Rising is supposed to be, but rather, what Rising has to be in order for KojiPro to meet their existing deadlines in order to end the game's two year development hiatus.

Last edited:
They should have brought people from Platinum to help with the gameplay, but keep it in Kojima Productions.

Not go crazy and just make it a Platinum game with elements of Metal Gear.
Platinum Games don't look as good visually or are as polished as Koji Pro :(

Last edited:
Wow i had kinda high expectations for this game and thought Kojima Productions was gonna make this,plus...a story between MGS2 and MGS4,the rescue of Sunny and how he became this cyborg Ninja.

This looks nothing like a game i expected,just a random slasher game like Ninja Gaiden.
And the choice of music...just shows that this is far from anything like the MGS games I know,throwing a Metal Gear Ray around like it was his own sword?C'mon!

I just listened to the Koji Pro podcast. They said they had a great script for the original version. It was ultimately cancelled because they couldn't implement action and stealth.

So they went to Platinum who decided to scrap everything but the "cutting".

They should have just worked with them not surrender to them completely! Damn you Kojima!

Not loving this at all.

Looks mental. Also sucks it doesn't chart his transformation between 2 and 4. :(

Where's the gorgeous slow-mo sixaxis controlled slice mastery of cutting up watermelons etc?

Frenectic, fast and, most important of all, ____ing dreadful.

Last edited:
I like it. I think the graphical style works and the gameplay seems fun and over the top and Raiden has always been over the top. Most importantly, he looks badass. Kinda bump that the stealth aspect is gone but never did felt that it will work very well even back then.

I mean I have never really played a game where both extreme action and stealth works perfectly. It's either the controls are too sensitive for stealth or too slow for action.

I am glad they went with the all action route. This game was never meant to be an MGS game. More like an action spin off. I am disappointed that the game does not take place between MGS 2 and MGS4. I was really curious about his transformation. I hope they will at least show it in via flashback in this game. Who knows, maybe even Snake will make an appearance himself (if he isn't dead already)

ps- anyone find the voice acting horrible? Why didn' they use Quinton Flynn? I am so used to him voicing Raiden that Raiden is just not him without Flynn.

Has anyone here played Bayonetta or Vanquish? The gameplay in those games were fantastic, IMO. I'd take those games over a glorified Fruit Ninja game anyday.

Back