Metal Gear Rising [Revengeance]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the bose companion series speakers sound excellent. they cost a LOT of monies though.

thanks plis. those monitors actually dont even have wall mounts. theyre flat on the back so i double sided stick taped them to a custom cut mdf board and used a custom cut tilt bracket on the back of that so i could angle them nicely. i had to take the monitors apart to get the bases out of them. theyre crooked though because i rushed the job like a jackass.

Yeah too much money...

What other speakers have similar quality but aren't 300 bones?

Also I'm fussy about the design/what they look like

my logitech system i use on my pc is 5.1 and i paid $60 for it. its so loud i can hear it cleanly with plenty of range throughout my whole little house. its one of the best purchases ive ever made. logitech is definitely the way to go, especially where you got your tv set up in your bedroom, itd work perfectly for you. i didnt even consider that. good suggestion ryan. heres a pic of how i arranged mine, my desk is a shithole right now.

View attachment 99829

Sweet lookin' setup Jason!

Yeah, being an audiophile myself, Logitech is the cheapest if you want an entry level audio system at affordable prices. While I have a dedicated surround system, I use a Logitech Z906 in my bedroom. That thing is a monster.

Btw Jason, are those configured to stereo? Why are all five satellites upfront?

not 2 tvs, dual monitors. remember when i told you in the backgrounds thread i had a screen resolution of 3840x1080? well this is it. i cant post my backgrounds because theyre too big for all of your screens. the other advantage i have is using 1 monitor for ps3 and 1 for this forum or other computing needs so i can multi task if i want to.

IMG_20140321_075056_799.jpg

IMG_20140321_075136_515.jpg

i set them up like a sound bar but have them set to 5.1, the sub is under my desk. it still does a great job of doing the 5.1 i can still sense it.

Is that a full surround sound?

How much do those cost, i like the sub, it's pretty big :lol

It's fairly priced, I think it shouldn't be more than a new PS3. I've had it for 2 and half years and yes it's full surround sound with an 8-inch side-firing subwoofer and supports decoding for Dolby Digital and DTS. For the price, it's AWESOME.

The sub is THUNDEROUS. Be warned.

not 2 tvs, dual monitors. remember when i told you in the backgrounds thread i had a screen resolution of 3840x1080? well this is it. i cant post my backgrounds because theyre too big for all of your screens. the other advantage i have is using 1 monitor for ps3 and 1 for this forum or other computing needs so i can multi task if i want to.

View attachment 99833

View attachment 99834

i set them up like a sound bar but have them set to 5.1, the sub is under my desk. it still does a great job of doing the 5.1 i can still sense it.

Gotcha, I was suspecting that you linked them.

My PC can use normal 5.1 speakers without extra decoder, but my TV & PS3 can't, so if i buy a normal 5.1 speakers i can only use it on my PC, or is there anyway i can use it on the PS3 (my PC doesn't have a soundcard for inputs). Those that come with a decoder cost alot more & the speakers not that impressive, and no i don't want a home theatre system since i don't really need another dvd/bluray player.

Thanks for the info man I'll have to take a closer look at this

My sub is turned up to the first notch, i can't turn it up anymore as my neighbors flip out

It's fairly priced, I think it shouldn't be more than a new PS3. I've had it for 2 and half years and yes it's full surround sound with an 8-inch side-firing subwoofer and supports decoding for Dolby Digital and DTS. For the price, it's AWESOME.

The sub is THUNDEROUS. Be warned.

My PC can use normal 5.1 speakers without extra decoder, but my TV & PS3 can't, so if i buy a normal 5.1 speakers i can only use it on my PC, or is there anyway i can use it on the PS3 (my PC doesn't have a soundcard for inputs). Those that come with a decoder cost alot more & the speakers not that impressive, and no i don't want a home theatre system since i don't really need another dvd/bluray player.

You'll need a 5.1 system (or at least amp) that has digital optical inputs. Normal PC speakers normally do not have any optical inputs, the Logitech Z906 has two.

Thanks for the info man I'll have to take a closer look at this

My sub is turned up to the first notch, i can't turn it up anymore as my neighbors flip out

In that case, you'll only afford to crank up the bass to 1/4. I never go beyond half, I think it could wake up the whole neighborhood.

@potato if your 5.1 has optical, then yes. other than that, go hdmi into your tv and if your tv has l/r audio out you can disable the tv speakers and use a l/r audio to 3.5 mini cable directly from the tv to the 5.1 unit if its an analog system. ask and you shall receive.

@potato if your 5.1 has optical, then yes. other than that, go hdmi into your tv and if your tv has l/r audio out you can disable the tv speakers and use a l/r audio to 3.5 mini cable directly from the tv to the 5.1 unit if its an analog system. ask and you shall receive.

Precisely. That would downconvert the digital signals to a 2 channel analog though.

well, yeah. but on an analog system you have 2 3.5s that go into 2 separate ports on your sound card. you could use a f/f/f y cable and simulate that. youre right though you wouldnt get true surround, but itd be an effective way to get that sweet sound that the tv will never provide to you. he was asking (i believe) how he could even hook it up. that was my only solution for him. another way (which is how my computer hooks up in conjunction w/ my monitor and ps3) is run it through the computers aux and back out to the speakers and the computer will decode it for you, thats how my ps3 gets 5.1 from my monitor to the logitech.

that means if i use the l/r audio to the 5.1 i only get stereo output from the speakers not surround soud right?

i'm using all HDMI connections to the TV for both PS3 & PC, all the audio uses the HDMI, but my PC has analog 5.1 output for surround sound. The PS3 has digital out. So from what i see in order to get true surround 5.1 i'll either need a digital-to-analog decoder or a soundcard that has digital input/analogue output to make it work for the TV & PS3?

the thing is 5.1 with decoder is expensive & comes with normal speakers, getting a separate decoder would be even more costly. getting a hometheatrer system is much cheaper but i don't want to hook up to a redundant bluray player, don't have space for that.

i'm assuming you have a separate soundcard that has digital input port for external device. my motherboard & GPU doesn't have it.

well, yeah. but on an analog system you have 2 3.5s that go into 2 separate ports on your sound card. you could use a f/f/f y cable and simulate that. youre right though you wouldnt get true surround, but itd be an effective way to get that sweet sound that the tv will never provide to you. he was asking (i believe) how he could even hook it up. that was my only solution for him. another way (which is how my computer hooks up in conjunction w/ my monitor and ps3) is run it through the computers aux and back out to the speakers and the computer will decode it for you, thats how my ps3 gets 5.1 from my monitor to the logitech.

yes i do and you mean digital input/analog surround output. im feeding the digital signal via hdmi into my monitor, feeding out of it 3.5, feeding into my sound card 3.5, then feeding surround out of it. the sound card can decode the analog signal and output it into 5.1 surround. it cannot however be 7.1, only hdmi can do that. optical can only do 5.1 also. the sound card you want had digital in and analog surround out, its very inexpensive. i think you can get a soundblaster for under $30. i know my card i got for $15.

heres one, not sure where your from but this is in america.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Creative-L...764?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20e0cd0404

Last edited:
i'm assuming the 3.5mm is normal headphone stereo analog output? if that is the case do you actually get real 5.1 surround or just emulated?

doesn't your sound card have digital input so you can connect your media directly to the card via optical? I think newer TV's has the optical out but my older TV doesn't so i'll have to wire the PS3 directly.

btw with a sound card how do you switch between outputting the sound from external source & PC itself? is it possible to output both the external source & PC together so it plays both the 5.1 sound from TV/PS3 & also mp3 from PC?

yes i do and you mean digital input/analog surround output. im feeding the digital signal via hdmi into my monitor, feeding out of it 3.5, feeding into my sound card 3.5, then feeding surround out of it. the sound card can decode the analog signal and output it into 5.1 surround. it cannot however be 7.1, only hdmi can do that. optical can only do 5.1 also. the sound card you want had digital in and analog surround out, its very inexpensive. i think you can get a soundblaster for under $30. i know my card i got for $15.

heres one, not sure where your from but this is in america.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Creative-L...764?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20e0cd0404

I have 7.1 surround sound for all my consoles and my PC in the living room with my 55" Bravia. All movies, games, and TV shows are utilized to their fullest with their optimized hook-ups and settings. Even if whatever I'm watching/playing has stereo, Pro Logic X will simulate surround sound logically. For example, a movie/game that has a scene where it's raining will have that particular sound effect on all the speakers. Love my set up!

Back