Mattel '66 Batman TV series figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You won't regret it. This license is really hard to come by. Most people have no idea just how hard because of all of the legal rights issues. This is a one-off series by Mattel, no more offerings from the line. Buy them while you can. Once they're gone, secondary market prices will soar to ridiculous prices. The Batmobile has already reached 3 times its retail price.

I think you're right. People will be kicking themselves for not getting these down the road. Mattel is never going to allow NECA to make Bat'66 figures in this scale, so if you have any interest at all, now's the time.

opened up mine last night...i too stole the idea of using the nameplates on the bases, lol

null_zpsca0eb7d4.jpg

I've waited a loooooong time for these:

Wowza! Glad to see so many people digging the idea of using the name cards on the bases! :1-1:

Sallah

I got the Batmobile today at Toys R Us, only one they had. I was going to pass at the ridiculous 60 dollar price tag, but seeing it alone on the shelf with those great packaging graphics forced my hand. I love the illustrations. The Batmobile itself looks well done as well (though I've read it's horribly cheap feeling.

I haven't opened it yet. I also haven't bought any of the figures. I saw all of them minus Surfs up Batman, Catwoman and Joker but passed. I went back today and they were completely wiped out. They didn't even have the two pack Robin window wall set. In fact, the section was gone. It was just the Batmobile. I probably should atleast get Batman and Robin for the Batmobile. Other than that, the only figure that looks good to me is Penguin. They nailed him.

The stash looks bad. Should have been sculpted rather than the dirty lip look they went with.

Agreed, but I'm glad that it was acknowledged. Not happy that he has the dreaded 'pointy finger' but what do you do.

Shame this line won't live long enough to see masked/ unmasked variants.

Agreed, but I'm glad that it was acknowledged. Not happy that he has the dreaded 'pointy finger' but what do you do.

Shame this line won't live long enough to see masked/ unmasked variants.

Apparently it has already been cancelled by Mattel.

WHY has Mattel already cancelled this line? Seems they have sold out at stores fairly fast...was a reason given? Canceling a line just as it was initially coming out???

WHY has Mattel already cancelled this line? Seems they have sold out at stores fairly fast...was a reason given? Canceling a line just as it was initially coming out???

Just a guess but I wouldn't be surprised if they continued the line at Matty Collector for $40 a figure.

I doubt this line has sold very well, at least well enough for Mattel to continue it. I almost never see these in TRU or Walmarts so I'm thinking retailers just weren't sold on them and didn't order that many. They seem to be readily available online at Amazon, BBTS, and other places, they probably just aren't moving enough units to be worth the investment in future products. I'm actually shocked they did a 6" scale Batmobile.

Or it could be the fact that they have sold WELL and are SOLD OUT. Surf's Up Batman and Riddler are the only ones that I have seen on the pegs at Walmart and Toys R Us and the Batmobile disappeared from shelves at Target and Toys R Us almost as quickly as they were set out.

I've seen them at several stores around town, all of which are sold out! No pegwarmers here.

Back