Mezco 5 Points Batman The Animated Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonAT

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Mezco 5 points Batman The Animated Series figures and Batmobile revealed at SDCC.

The sculpts are all excellent. I'm very excited to see more details on what's included, wether it's single figures or a large box-set.

Attachments

• SDCC-23-Mezco-5-Points-014.jpg
    SDCC-23-Mezco-5-Points-014.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 74
  • SDCC-23-Mezco-5-Points-015.jpg
    SDCC-23-Mezco-5-Points-015.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 0
I love these but they're gonna be cost-prohibitive for me. They're basically more "on-model" versions of the old Kenner figures.

I think the B:TAS designs are awesome but they just don't lend themselves to super-articulated figures. I thought the DC Direct line was a mess of ugly and unnecessary joints. These look so much cleaner.

Look good!
Whats the price range and scale?
I never could justify the cost of the Mondo ones, and these look on the same quality.

3.75 is quite small, but that makes the sculpts and paint even more impressive to me.

The only downside is, as @Otomofan alluded to, these figures are going to be expensive for what they are. I'm presuming this will be a set, much like Mezzo's previous 5 points sets, and those sets were very much on the pricey side.

Besides the price, I don't collect anything at that scale anymore. It's just too small. Almost everything I get these days is 1/12, and I don't want to go back to 1/18.

It's a shame they put these out as ridiculously overpriced sets only. The Fleischer Superman sculpt was fantastic, but it came in a box with other crap I didn't want and it was like $200.

At least The Crow was sold by itself, but again...it was too small, so I passed on it.

Oh wow. This looks like it'd be a great set. I'm cautiously optimistic...

Hmm if anything that Batmobile is closer to 1:18 scale, meaning I can finally have an animated Batmobile to with my Hot Wheels and Jada Batmobiles.

what was the
Hmm if anything that Batmobile is closer to 1:18 scale, meaning I can finally have an animated Batmobile to with my Hot Wheels and Jada Batmobiles.

What was the official color of the Batmobile on BATS?

The Iron Studios statue and DC Collectibles Batmobiles in my collection came in black.

But from what I understand, the animated show was drawn on black backgrounds, so the animators put a blue shading on the Batmobile to make it pop on the screen.

what was the

What was the official color of the Batmobile on BATS?

The Iron Studios statue and DC Collectibles Batmobiles in my collection came in black.

But from what I understand, the animated show was drawn on black backgrounds, so the animators put a blue shading on the Batmobile to make it pop on the screen.

It's the same as his cape, black with blue highlights. That prototype is definitely wrong but then again I don't think any collectible of the BTAS Batmobile ever got it right.

Back