Mattel '66 Batman TV series figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks very much! :)

The Yvonne Craig thing has circulated online... but I actually first heard it through a friend of mine that is big into the 60's Batman convention/ cosplay thing. Apparently, her manager let their group know that she wouldn't be getting a figure made as the offer Mattel sent over was ridiculously small (like less than a convention appearance fee) and it would grant them her likeness use for as much stuff as they cared to make (Barbies, figures, etc). It was just a really unfair and cheap offer on Mattel's part, and Yvonne wasn't willing to stand for it.

I am sure they paid well for Burt, Adam, and the car... 3 of the other figures are from deceased actors, so I am sure their estates were willing to accept whatever was offered. Yvonne is still around though, still doing cons and still making money... So there isn't a reason for her to accept whatever small offer Mattel got away with on the others. I am not sure how Newmar plays into all of that, but I bet her offer was closer to Burt/ Adam than Craig's...

Sallah

She's a popular character and the best version of batgirl to date....one of the best looking ....I hope hot toys offers her a decent amount...shed be a great 1/6 figure to have!

Yes that seems to be what probably happened. There was hope that if the line sold well, maybe they would up the offer and get the likeness rights, but since they announced the cancellation, I guess that hope is gone.

She's a popular character and the best version of batgirl to date....one of the best looking ....I hope hot toys offers her a decent amount...shed be a great 1/6 figure to have!

Hot Toys has to go through Warner Brothers to which WB has not signed her

she is NOT happening in any toy form until she signs

The shark is just some dollar store rubber thing I picked up somewhere, don't even remember when or where. The bomb is from the old Palisades Pink Panther action figure line. It came with The Inspector figure:
90280875-260x260-0-0_Palisades+Toys+Palisades+Toys+Pink+Panther+Action+.jpg

wow...that figure is quite expensive now...i will just go ahead with my plan to make a bomb out of a ping pong ball

I'd go with that Mike. Might look just better.

Still bummed that this series won't live past wave 2. I really want Cesar Joker but may wait for a Hot Toys version.

Kind of surprised they aren't doing more of these. I figured that since Robin didn't get a single figure (I know he was in the two pack with Batman) that he'd be part of the next wave individually. I guess most of the main villains are done though and the ones that are left are probably the more obscure ones who probably are harder to secure rights for. I was kind of hoping for a Surf's Up Joker to go with the Surf's Up Batman. Also still really disappointed that Yvonne Craig wasn't offered more so we could get her as a figure.

Haven't picked any of these up yet (mostly because I haven't found them in stores) but may get them at some point. I'll at least get Surf's Up Batman.

Anybody know if the Hot Wheels RC Batmobile is the same scale as the one for the 6" figures?

Amazon just delivered Joker and his sculpt is just as good as the TV Penguin:

60sJoker1.jpg

60sJoker2.jpg

60sJoker3.jpg

60sJoker4.jpg

60sJoker5.jpg

60sJoker6.jpg

Finally found these today! Picked up the single carded Batman at Walmart. Was a little disappointed to find that he doesn't come with a Batarang, but still a mighty cool figure. They also had the Riddler and Penguin. Is there no single carded Robin? He wasn't there and not on the back of the package either.

Picked up the Batmobile today at TRU. Great toy.

The only '66 figure that doest fit inside very well is the Penguin.

No, you have to buy the wall-climbing 2-pack to get Robin.

Well that sucks! I checked TRU in hopes of finding that set...it's not an exclusive is it? I'll keep my eye out, if I find it my son can have the spare Batman.

Well that sucks! I checked TRU in hopes of finding that set...it's not an exclusive is it? I'll keep my eye out, if I find it my son can have the spare Batman.

Nope, saw it TRU as well as the Batmobile the other day:lecture

Dammit, they just opened a new TRU real close to my house, but they never have anything good! Would really like the Batmobile too.

BTW, are these in the aisle with the rest of the Batman stuff or with the "collectibles" (McFarlanes, etc)?

Back