Jazz Inc 66 Batman 1/6th FIGURES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, he'd be smart to pack those two together to profit off a lot of people with the Dynamic Duo already. A sizable pool in need.
I’m afraid he’s going to hose us and make us buy 2 packs to get the unmasked figures. That could easily be over 1k.
Holy please don’t screw us batman, I mean jazzinc.

Yeah the iron scavenger figure is fantastic in hand the body and tailoring are great. My only feedback would be more detail in weathering or paint apps on the figure itself. it’s a pretty clean suit but I guess that’s movie accurate? Anyway, I’m sure they’ll do a good job on figures maybe not inart realism but I would adore placeholder figure to go inside of the vehicles.

Now, he may actually just try to get the license for specific Marvel stuff he may want to build. Time will tell.

He's gone after a license from Disney before and talked in different interviews how difficult it is to get one from them especially if they are happy with a company that currently makes a similar product, in this case Hot Toys.

He does still plan to make more unlicensed SW stuff he talks about different ideas in the interview.

I understand everyone wants SW, but I want to see him get some license from other properties.. Knight Rider seems the one he wants to make the most which I look forward to. But there are other vehicles, like the Robocop cop car, A-Team van (and figures), Battlestar Galatica that I'd love to see.

I'd throw in James Bond and Miami Vice, but Joost said for those he'd need to get both the Studios approval, and the car manufacturer, and that would cause the price for the vehicles to be to high.

He's gone after a license from Disney before and talked in different interviews how difficult it is to get one from them especially if they are happy with a company that currently makes a similar product, in this case Hot Toys.
yea both JND and InArt have mentioned the same about trying to get a Disney license when someone else is already producing a similar product; so, it doesn't surprise me that Joost has had the same difficulties

A bit surprised by this news. I know Joost is really good at vehicles and dioramas but figures almost seem like something on another level with the sculpts, tailoring, etc. It’ll be interesting to see how figures from him turn out.

If they look good and aren’t too pricey I’m potentially willing to check some of them out. More 66 Batman and Burton Batman figures are welcome.

Definitely an interesting theory, but I wonder if anyone is actually holding their breath in anticipation of Uranus bursting onto the scene :unsure:

Best be prepared for that eventuality. :panic:

gas.jpg

Did I make a mistake in ordering Joker 2.0 and The Riddler from Mars Toys??? This is the first time I ever dabble in to collectibles and the first time I hear from Jazzinc. The main reason I bought from Mars was bc I genuinely felt it was a great product for what the price was. And the fact that theyre the only company making Batman 66 figures. Since we rearly get any merch bc Batman 66 has a very small fan base. But after seeing Jazzincs products idk how to feel anymore. Should I wait for the 2 packs of Batmam/Bruce wayne and Robin/Dick Grayson. Or order Dynamic Duo 2.0. And also what makes you choose an unlicensed product over a licensed product or vice-versa?

Did I make a mistake in ordering Joker 2.0 and The Riddler from Mars Toys??? This is the first time I ever dabble in to collectibles and the first time I hear from Jazzinc. The main reason I bought from Mars was bc I genuinely felt it was a great product for what the price was. And the fact that theyre the only company making Batman 66 figures. Since we rearly get any merch bc Batman 66 has a very small fan base. But after seeing Jazzincs products idk how to feel anymore. Should I wait for the 2 packs of Batmam/Bruce wayne and Robin/Dick Grayson. Or order Dynamic Duo 2.0. And also what makes you choose an unlicensed product over a licensed product or vice-versa?
Short answer…No

We won’t see the Jazz Inc figures for a couple years. We also don’t know the quality of the figures. Finally there is no gurantee that they will be able to actually do them. Plans change all the time.

Not speaking negatively towards Jazz Inc I love their products. But just being realistic. Right now it’s all just talk.

Even if the Jazzinc Joker blows the current one out of the water, I'm quite pleased with it. I rarely "trade up" as better versions of the same character come along, the exception being some Star Wars Sideshow to Hot Toys upgrades I've made along the way.

We won’t see the Jazz Inc figures for a couple years. We also don’t know the quality of the figures. .
The jazzinc iron scavenger has been out for a while and has received very positive reviews.

There are reviews for it all over youtube.

As far as taking a couple of years for batman figures, that’s pure speculation. Joost has already pursued and acquired licensing approval from Warner, so it may be sooner. He has also indicated that he has other properties in various stages of discussion / negotiation.

As you pointed out, however, plans do change, but I would be very surprised if he chose not to do figures. He’s already got one under his belt and he’s not one to announce something without having everything pretty much figured out beforehand. Time will tell.

The jazzinc iron scavenger has been out for a while and has received very positive reviews.

There are reviews for it all over youtube.

As far as taking a couple of years for batman figures, that’s pure speculation. Joost has already pursued and acquired licensing approval from Warner, so it may be sooner. He has also indicated that he has other properties in various stages of discussion / negotiation.

As you pointed out, however, plans do change, but I would be very surprised if he chose not to do figures. He’s already got one under his belt and he’s not one to announce something without having everything pretty much figured out beforehand. Time will tell.
I wasn’t talking about Iron Scavenger I was talking about the potential 66 Batman figures. Just because a company does one good figure doesn’t mean all their figures will be good.

If these figures were coming in a year or less we would be seeing production pics and Joost would be talking about them a lot more. We haven’t and he hasn’t, the most we have gotten is idea talks of possibilities. 2 years or more is a more reasonable expectation. I’ll gladly admit I’m wrong and be pleasantly surprised if he gets them out before that.

I wasn’t talking about Iron Scavenger I was talking about the potential 66 Batman figures. Just because a company does one good figure doesn’t mean all their figures will be good.

This is Jazzinc we're talking about, not some 3rd party HK manufacturer. Everything they put out is top tier quality.

Apologies if I misunderstood the post:

Short answer…No

We won’t see the Jazz Inc figures for a couple years. We also don’t know the quality of the figures. Finally there is no gurantee that they will be able to actually do them. Plans change all the time.

Not speaking negatively towards Jazz Inc I love their products. But just being realistic. Right now it’s all just talk.

The wording of the post doesn't appear to be specifically about batman figures, but rather figures in general. As I stated earlier, there are potentially other figures in play from other franchises. Again, my apologies if I have misread it.

As far as the "figure quality" goes, yes, I would suggest that we already have an example in the Iron Scavenger that should be considered. In fact, it has been reviewed and been found to be of high quality on the reviews I have seen, so I'm not sure why it should be completely discounted. If it was horrible figure and had all sorts of terrible reviews, should that also be discounted, or would Jazzinc just be brushed off at this point as not viable for figure production? Quite frankly, no one really knows the quality of any particular figure until it's released in final production form anyway, so I don't understand the statement that "we also don't know the quality of the figures". Generally speaking, we have an example of their figures, and many, many examples of their other associated products, so I think we do. At least, that's my opinion.

If these figures were coming in a year or less we would be seeing production pics and Joost would be talking about them a lot more. We haven’t and he hasn’t, the most we have gotten is idea talks of possibilities. 2 years or more is a more reasonable expectation. I’ll gladly admit I’m wrong and be pleasantly surprised if he gets them out before that.

In point of fact, without firsthand knowledge of Joost's product development cycle, or where this is or isn't in it, the foregoing posts are purely conjecture (which is really all any of us has), but it is conjecture that is stated in absolute terms and is misrepresented as fact in both posts. Unless someone can prove otherwise, it's absolutely not a fact that Jazzinc won't deliver figures for "a couple years", nor is it a fact that Joost has, as a rule, a requirement to post production pictures and talking points about a future figure before 12 months of a delivery date. That's not to say that both of those statements aren't reasonable opinions, but that's exactly what they are - opinions. Those opinions may be correct, but they also may not be. One thing they aren't, though, are facts.

Again, time will tell. It always does.

I'm also loading up on Mars 1966 figures. I've received all of their Jokers, and I'm still waiting on the surfboard and the Riddler, as well. As of right now, they're the only company with 1966 villain figures that are available for sale, so "a bird in the hand", if you will. If Jazzinc does revisit some of the 1966 Mars figures, I'll decide at that point whether or not I'll pick up the Jazzinc version(s). More than likely, I will. Based on all of my experiences to date with Jazzinc, I have no doubt that their figure quality will be high just because Joost has a track record for sweating the details.

This is Jazzinc we're talking about, not some 3rd party HK manufacturer. Everything they put out is top tier quality.
Jazz Inc started as a 3rd party manufacturer. The HK reference isn’t revel any considering most of the figures we do get come from HK.

Jazz Inc has had some QC problems in the past with some of their products. He does get them fixed or makes it right for the customer, but let’s not pretend everything they make is perfect.

Apologies if I misunderstood the post:

The wording of the post doesn't appear to be specifically about batman figures, but rather figures in general. As I stated earlier, there are potentially other figures in play from other franchises. Again, my apologies if I have misread it.

As far as the "figure quality" goes, yes, I would suggest that we already have an example in the Iron Scavenger that should be considered. In fact, it has been reviewed and been found to be of high quality on the reviews I have seen, so I'm not sure why it should be completely discounted. If it was horrible figure and had all sorts of terrible reviews, should that also be discounted, or would Jazzinc just be brushed off at this point as not viable for figure production? Quite frankly, no one really knows the quality of any particular figure until it's released in final production form anyway, so I don't understand the statement that "we also don't know the quality of the figures". Generally speaking, we have an example of their figures, and many, many examples of their other associated products, so I think we do. At least, that's my opinion.

In point of fact, without firsthand knowledge of Joost's product development cycle, or where this is or isn't in it, the foregoing posts are purely conjecture (which is really all any of us has), but it is conjecture that is stated in absolute terms and is misrepresented as fact in both posts. Unless someone can prove otherwise, it's absolutely not a fact that Jazzinc won't deliver figures for "a couple years", nor is it a fact that Joost has, as a rule, a requirement to post production pictures and talking points about a future figure before 12 months of a delivery date. That's not to say that both of those statements aren't reasonable opinions, but that's exactly what they are - opinions. Those opinions may be correct, but they also may not be. One thing they aren't, though, are facts.

Again, time will tell. It always does.
The purple ones OP that I replied to was specifically about 66Batman figures he mentions questioning if it was a mistake ordering the Mars ones. Why would you think it was abkut figures in general?

One figure does not set a track record. It proves they can make one. It’s the later figures that show they are proven and reliable. We simply don’t have a record of Jazz Inc figures, we have a figure. There are plenty of companies that came out with a bang and then the quality dropped fast. We’ve also seen the reverse where quality goes up. So until a second figure is in hand you can’t count on the first one’s quality as a sure thing for all of them.

We can see Joosts past posting practices to see his pattern in his reveals. He continually posts updates of pieces in production. He has done none of that for figures yet. However he continues to do so for current projects and upcoming ones not in preorder yet. Why would we expected him to be different with the figures? He’s established a past practice that we can rely on. To want to “pretend” that these figure will appear out of thin air in under a year let alone two is a bit naive.

We can look at his current estimated delivery dates for how long it maybe to deliver on figures. The 66 Batcycle last batch is estimated to come out December of 2024, that’s 1.5 years away and that is if he stays on schedule. Unless he’s been developing them in secret (which from his past practices show he doesn’t do) there is no way these figures will appear within a year. The earliest will be 2025 but more likely due to how the industry works it will be late 2025-2026 before we have them in hand. This 1.5-2 years away.

We are getting away from the point that I was replying to though. ThePurpleOne was wondering if he made a mistake ordering the Mars Toys figures. The point I was trying to make was no he didn’t make a mistake. The Mars figures are here, now and will continue to come. We know the quality of them. Everything with Jazz Inc is still up in the air and a long time away. IMO I’d rather have something that I know is here now, instead of hoping for one down the road. And if something happens and they don’t get made or aren’t as good as the ones we have now, I wouldn’t want to backtrack and pay the higher aftermarket prices. If JazzInc makes them and they are better quality, great we can buy the Jazz Inc ones and sell the other ones. Like some do every couple years when a figure gets updated with new better parts.

Back