Jazz Inc 66 Batman 1/6th FIGURES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kebron

Super Freak
Reaction score
Watched Six Scale Mafia's interview with Joost today. He gave alot of updates one various projects and vehicles, but the thing that stood out to me most is that according to him the path is clear to start prototyping some of the 66 Batman figures. He wants to start with Batman/Bruce Wayne two pack and a Robin and Dick Grayson two pack hopefully with Burt Ward's autograph, and then do a Julie Newmar Catwoman also with a Julie Newmar autograph. Downside it doesn't look like a Batgirl is on the table since the rights for her are not with WB.

Here's a link for the full interview. He starts talking about the 66 Batman figures around the 29:40 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/live/nwV3DcUwdxA?feature=share

Going to be a clash on Julie Newmar with Mars Toys. Maybe that's why their Newmar post was removed.

Somehow, I don't think the Mars Newmar will happen anyway.

Wow, Joost is going deep with the Batman villains including from the 1992 and 1997 movies.

Last edited:
He's still talking about avoiding Joker, because the Mars Toys version is already good enough.

Nevertheless, Joost could find a market by making Joker with the correct suit colour. The feasible market he's talking about is only very small anyway (as few as two hundred figures).

It all sounds great, but I'm wondering who will be selling the figures. Hopefully regular retailers like Kit, who don't sell JazzInc vehicles, will be able to sell them.

He also talked about being able to do Batman Return Catwoman and Penguin. As well as doing a 89 and 95 Batman that can be placed into the Batmobiles, since the current ones can't really sit without damaging them.

Seems the Batman stuff is doing well for him and he's going all in on the whole line.

Unrelated he's also talking to Universal, mostly about doing K.I.T.T from Knight Rider, but also possible some other license.

I'll be curious to see how much a licensed '66 figure goes for these days. If it's in the Hot Toys territory, I'll probably stick with unlicensed product. Depending on quality, of course. That Joker has set the bar very high on either end.

I'll be curious to see how much a licensed '66 figure goes for these days. If it's in the Hot Toys territory, I'll probably stick with unlicensed product. Depending on quality, of course. That Joker has set the bar very high on either end.

Joost gave an estimate in his previous Q&A at 1:29:22.

"I really want to be at the same price... close to the same price as Hot Toys even though we will be making a much, much more extremely limited edition. Like I said, a couple of hundred pieces worldwide, if I get lucky a thousand pieces worldwide, which is again like a fiftieth of what Hot Toys does for a regular figure...We are aiming for that $250-$300 per figure price point."

Where is the info on the movie villains?
It's towards the end of the slideshow he made that started at 29:40

A quick summary is, he has the all clear from WB pending approval of the prototype. The only hang up is the actors. He mentions that Danny DeVito was notoriously hard to get likeness rights from.

I'm excited to see that Arnold Mr Freeze is on the list. @JazzInc I hope the plan is to have his suit light up just like the movie? That would look incredible.

Sounds like theres some great possible figures on their board - the sitting figures will go down well with the people buying the Batmobiles.

Its just a shame that the 1995 one will be sitting only by the sounds of it as to go with the car its surely going to be the Panther suit - I have the Hot Toys Sonar but I would jump on a full Kilmer Panther - this may be a minority opinion but I would also support a Clooney version of that suit (it may have nipples but at least its not the ice suit).

We are aiming for that $250-$300 per figure price point.

At his numbers, a few hundred only, I would imagine it's going to be very hard to remain in that range I believe. Also add the retailer's cut unless Joost is selling from his own site.

That said, HT is pushing past that range already and Joost hasn't even started yet, so maybe that is 2022 pricing.

Back