Jazz Inc 66 Batman 1/6th FIGURES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excited about the possibilities of more licensed '66 figures and Returns figures. I really hope they're up to Hot Toys levels in terms of sculpt and tailoring.

Either way, I'd expect Hot Toys to respond with finally releasing their amazing '66 Joker. Seems like competition is the only thing getting them to do much in terms of DC.

Jazz Inc started as a 3rd party manufacturer. The HK reference isn’t revel any considering most of the figures we do get come from HK.

Jazz Inc has had some QC problems in the past with some of their products. He does get them fixed or makes it right for the customer, but let’s not pretend everything they make is perfect.

This is just more anecdotal conjecture. It's just stated in absolute terms to make it seem like this is known fact when it's clearly not. That seems to be a pattern with these posts.

Since we're dealing in nothing but facts, I'd really like to know more about the specific "QC Problems" you mentioned. If you will just go ahead and post all the factual information you have regarding the number of defects by product and the number of each product shipped, we can truly understand the scope of the "QC problems" and if it is pervasive in nature. And please make sure you remove any "QC issues" that were caused by the shipper in transit that Joost was kind enough to address.

If the factual information isn't available, then the conclusion in the post is at best an opinion and should be treated as such. Like when someone says that chocolate ice cream is the best, or blue is the best color.

Also, you should probably take the time to learn the company name. The fact that you keep referring to them as “Jazz Inc” implies to everyone that you have no experience with them.

The purple ones OP that I replied to was specifically about 66Batman figures he mentions questioning if it was a mistake ordering the Mars ones. Why would you think it was abkut figures in general?

One figure does not set a track record. It proves they can make one. It’s the later figures that show they are proven and reliable. We simply don’t have a record of Jazz Inc figures, we have a figure. There are plenty of companies that came out with a bang and then the quality dropped fast. We’ve also seen the reverse where quality goes up. So until a second figure is in hand you can’t count on the first one’s quality as a sure thing for all of them.

We can see Joosts past posting practices to see his pattern in his reveals. He continually posts updates of pieces in production. He has done none of that for figures yet. However he continues to do so for current projects and upcoming ones not in preorder yet. Why would we expected him to be different with the figures? He’s established a past practice that we can rely on. To want to “pretend” that these figure will appear out of thin air in under a year let alone two is a bit naive.

We can look at his current estimated delivery dates for how long it maybe to deliver on figures. The 66 Batcycle last batch is estimated to come out December of 2024, that’s 1.5 years away and that is if he stays on schedule. Unless he’s been developing them in secret (which from his past practices show he doesn’t do) there is no way these figures will appear within a year. The earliest will be 2025 but more likely due to how the industry works it will be late 2025-2026 before we have them in hand. This 1.5-2 years away.

We are getting away from the point that I was replying to though. ThePurpleOne was wondering if he made a mistake ordering the Mars Toys figures. The point I was trying to make was no he didn’t make a mistake. The Mars figures are here, now and will continue to come. We know the quality of them. Everything with Jazz Inc is still up in the air and a long time away. IMO I’d rather have something that I know is here now, instead of hoping for one down the road. And if something happens and they don’t get made or aren’t as good as the ones we have now, I wouldn’t want to backtrack and pay the higher aftermarket prices. If JazzInc makes them and they are better quality, great we can buy the Jazz Inc ones and sell the other ones. Like some do every couple years when a figure gets updated with new better parts.

To the points:

The purple ones OP that I replied to was specifically about 66Batman figures he mentions questioning if it was a mistake ordering the Mars ones. Why would you think it was abkut figures in general?

This has already been answered. A non-specific post was made and it was responded to, based on the contents of the post. One cannot make open-ended, non-specific statements and expect that everyone knows what was meant or intended. When someone says, "We won't see the Jazz Inc figures for couple of years", it shouldn't be completely unexpected that someone would read that and take it to mean that the poster is describing the entire collection of potential figures, rather than a specific collection of figures.

One figure does not set a track record. It proves they can make one. It’s the later figures that show they are proven and reliable. We simply don’t have a record of Jazz Inc figures, we have a figure. There are plenty of companies that came out with a bang and then the quality dropped fast. We’ve also seen the reverse where quality goes up. So until a second figure is in hand you can’t count on the first one’s quality as a sure thing for all of them.

That is all supporting logic for an opinion that was posted and initially presented as fact. And, again, it's still an opinion.

No argument with the logic, but that wasn't what was initially posted. Again, it was non-specific. When someone says, "We won’t see the Jazz Inc figures for a couple years. We also don’t know the quality of the figures. . .", there is no mention in that original post about quality being related to any track record, only that the quality was not known. In fact, as was pointed out, one really doesn't know the quality of any figure until it is boxed up and out the door. The simple point was made that some of us have a view that you can predict the future quality of a product, based on the last product that was similar in nature, along with the reputation of the manufacturer, rather than waiting out a series of products and watching them all go by. I don't know the magic number of "good products" that gets a company to the threshold where they are universally considered "good", but as a consumer, I believe you have to go with your instincts and your experience. To that end, their existing reputation goes a long way and should not (IMO) be ignored.

We can see Joosts past posting practices to see his pattern in his reveals. He continually posts updates of pieces in production. He has done none of that for figures yet. However he continues to do so for current projects and upcoming ones not in preorder yet. Why would we expected him to be different with the figures? He’s established a past practice that we can rely on. To want to “pretend” that these figure will appear out of thin air in under a year let alone two is a bit naive.

We can look at his current estimated delivery dates for how long it maybe to deliver on figures. The 66 Batcycle last batch is estimated to come out December of 2024, that’s 1.5 years away and that is if he stays on schedule. Unless he’s been developing them in secret (which from his past practices show he doesn’t do) there is no way these figures will appear within a year. The earliest will be 2025 but more likely due to how the industry works it will be late 2025-2026 before we have them in hand. This 1.5-2 years away.

Again, this is supporting logic to the opinion that was posted, but was presented as fact. It's great to support an opinion, but again, it's not a fact and shouldn't be presented as such.

Small issue with the logic here. The 1966 Batcycle that I have on order is scheduled for September 30, 2024, not December. I don't know why one would use the date of the last batch as that isn't when the products are shipped, other than maybe it makes an opposing point look better. There will be three other batches fully shipped before that batch, so mathematically speaking, 75% of the product will be out the door and delivered before the date that was referenced for shipping.

Now, a huge correction to another "fact" here that is so horribly inaccurate, it undermines any argument about a two year wait. This "fact" alludes to the misconception that there is nothing developed in secret, and there never has been. As a matter of fact, I believe Joost spent a considerable amount of time on the preliminary design of the 2022 batmobile well before it was announced as a way of shortening the perceived delivery lead time. This was done intentionally and he stated as much. Should he continue this practice with success (he may even be doing it now), the perceived delivery lead times will substantially decrease. I say "perceived" because the general public typically only measures the time between product announcement and delivery. In this case, the product announcement is delayed until a substantial portion of the legwork is done, resulting in a shorter perceived product lead time. If that happens, any argument about a two year delay goes right out the window.

He may or may not continue that practice, again, no one but him knows for sure. But, to say that nothing is developed in secret and that his past practices support that opinion is just wrong.

We are getting away from the point that I was replying to though. ThePurpleOne was wondering if he made a mistake ordering the Mars Toys figures. The point I was trying to make was no he didn’t make a mistake. The Mars figures are here, now and will continue to come. We know the quality of them. Everything with Jazz Inc is still up in the air and a long time away. IMO I’d rather have something that I know is here now, instead of hoping for one down the road. And if something happens and they don’t get made or aren’t as good as the ones we have now, I wouldn’t want to backtrack and pay the higher aftermarket prices. If JazzInc makes them and they are better quality, great we can buy the Jazz Inc ones and sell the other ones. Like some do every couple years when a figure gets updated with new better parts.
I mostly agree with that.

After the whole "we need a track record" point on manufacturers, I find it ironic that somehow the quality of the Mars figures, as unpredictable as it has been, is somehow known. The actual fact is, we can't predict the quality of the next Mars figure, so the statement "We know the quality of them" is, IMO, a complete falsehood. I believe there are some positive indicators, but nothing that would indicate any sort of consistency. Arguably, it's a 50-50 guess (maybe 60-40) as to how the next figure is going to turn out. Case in point: the issues with the V2 Joker and the pending reissue of the shirt and vest. As it turns out that there were some clear QC issues with the V2 product that were not present in the V1 product. As if that wasn't enough, the reissued vest is coming without the magnets, so even that is arguably a regression from the improvement made in the V2 version. Then, there's also the issues with the pom poms and the hands and pants color on the clown and baseball jokers, respectively. I have all three jokers, including the V1 and V2 variants, so I am more than aware of these issues. There were many pages devoted to this discussion on that particular thread and one should probably avail themself to all the information posted there before making unsubstantiated claims that fold upon scrutiny.

This is just more anecdotal conjecture. It's just stated in absolute terms to make it seem like this is known fact when it's clearly not. That seems to be a pattern with these posts.

Since we're dealing in nothing but facts, I'd really like to know more about the specific "QC Problems" you mentioned. If you will just go ahead and post all the factual information you have regarding the number of defects by product and the number of each product shipped, we can truly understand the scope of the "QC problems" and if it is pervasive in nature. And please make sure you remove any "QC issues" that were caused by the shipper in transit that Joost was kind enough to address.

If the factual information isn't available, then the conclusion in the post is at best an opinion and should be treated as such. Like when someone says that chocolate ice cream is the best, or blue is the best color.

Also, you should probably take the time to learn the company name. The fact that you keep referring to them as “Jazz Inc” implies to everyone that you have no experience with them.

To the points:

This has already been answered. A non-specific post was made and it was responded to, based on the contents of the post. One cannot make open-ended, non-specific statements and expect that everyone knows what was meant or intended. When someone says, "We won't see the Jazz Inc figures for couple of years", it shouldn't be completely unexpected that someone would read that and take it to mean that the poster is describing the entire collection of potential figures, rather than a specific collection of figures.

That is all supporting logic for an opinion that was posted and initially presented as fact. And, again, it's still an opinion.

No argument with the logic, but that wasn't what was initially posted. Again, it was non-specific. When someone says, "We won’t see the Jazz Inc figures for a couple years. We also don’t know the quality of the figures. . .", there is no mention in that original post about quality being related to any track record, only that the quality was not known. In fact, as was pointed out, one really doesn't know the quality of any figure until it is boxed up and out the door. The simple point was made that some of us have a view that you can predict the future quality of a product, based on the last product that was similar in nature, along with the reputation of the manufacturer, rather than waiting out a series of products and watching them all go by. I don't know the magic number of "good products" that gets a company to the threshold where they are universally considered "good", but as a consumer, I believe you have to go with your instincts and your experience. To that end, their existing reputation goes a long way and should not (IMO) be ignored.

Again, this is supporting logic to the opinion that was posted, but was presented as fact. It's great to support an opinion, but again, it's not a fact and shouldn't be presented as such.

Small issue with the logic here. The 1966 Batcycle that I have on order is scheduled for September 30, 2024, not December. I don't know why one would use the date of the last batch as that isn't when the products are shipped, other than maybe it makes an opposing point look better. There will be three other batches fully shipped before that batch, so mathematically speaking, 75% of the product will be out the door and delivered before the date that was referenced for shipping.

Now, a huge correction to another "fact" here that is so horribly inaccurate, it undermines any argument about a two year wait. This "fact" alludes to the misconception that there is nothing developed in secret, and there never has been. As a matter of fact, I believe Joost spent a considerable amount of time on the preliminary design of the 2022 batmobile well before it was announced as a way of shortening the perceived delivery lead time. This was done intentionally and he stated as much. Should he continue this practice with success (he may even be doing it now), the perceived delivery lead times will substantially decrease. I say "perceived" because the general public typically only measures the time between product announcement and delivery. In this case, the product announcement is delayed until a substantial portion of the legwork is done, resulting in a shorter perceived product lead time. If that happens, any argument about a two year delay goes right out the window.

He may or may not continue that practice, again, no one but him knows for sure. But, to say that nothing is developed in secret and that his past practices support that opinion is just wrong.

I mostly agree with that.

After the whole "we need a track record" point on manufacturers, I find it ironic that somehow the quality of the Mars figures, as unpredictable as it has been, is somehow known. The actual fact is, we can't predict the quality of the next Mars figure, so the statement "We know the quality of them" is, IMO, a complete falsehood. I believe there are some positive indicators, but nothing that would indicate any sort of consistency. Arguably, it's a 50-50 guess (maybe 60-40) as to how the next figure is going to turn out. Case in point: the issues with the V2 Joker and the pending reissue of the shirt and vest. As it turns out that there were some clear QC issues with the V2 product that were not present in the V1 product. As if that wasn't enough, the reissued vest is coming without the magnets, so even that is arguably a regression from the improvement made in the V2 version. Then, there's also the issues with the pom poms and the hands and pants color on the clown and baseball jokers, respectively. I have all three jokers, including the V1 and V2 variants, so I am more than aware of these issues. There were many pages devoted to this discussion on that particular thread and one should probably avail themself to all the information posted there before making unsubstantiated claims that fold upon scrutiny.

Exactly what was anecdotal evidence the examples I used are from Jazz Inc’s past practices and how Joost has handeled his social media.

For examples of QC issues. Look up on You Tube Danoby2 review of the Falcon Cockpit, his Affleck Batmobile issue (which he returned) and, SixScale Mafia 66 Batmobile review. My own Batmobile had scratches that required touch up paint, the magnet in the jet was not installed, and there was plastic left under the center post that can’t me removed it had to be torn of and there is a ring of torn plastic there now. Joost fixed Mafia’s issue, and other then the magnet mine were minor enough I didn’t feel the need to return it. Joost is sending me a magnet to install myself for the jet. If you want more examples Insigfest you Google for more or look on various FB groups. I’ll restate again it’s not every piece with QC issues but there are QC issues and to think every piece is perfect is naieve. All that said isn’t meant as a slam on Jazz Inc. I enjoy their products and if asked I tell people they should buy them, I’m just realistic with expectations and final products. No company is perfect and QC issues will always be found somewhere by somebody especially in hand made items. It’s how the company treats the people with QC issues and Joost has been outstanding in that area.

You can lose the condescending attitude over the name. Lots of people call them Jazz Inc. it’s shorthand for the whole name. Like people saying HT for Hot Toys, or ESB for Empire strikes Back. As for experience with them as I mentioned above I have the 66 Batmobile, and I have the 22 Batmobile preordered.

I quoted the post I was referring to. Most people take the time to do that and people read them to give some context as to what the response was about. That’s forum etiquette everyone follows except you apparently. Im not responsible for you not knowing what you were replying to. That’s on you. As someone wanting to talk just “facts” you’d think you would pay attention to context. That you didn’t and are trying to say it was a general statement (when it’s not) seems like back pedaling to me.

The FACT is I replied to a question, and I quoted the question for context. You are now claiming you ignored the quoted part then jumped into a discussion with no context.

I never said my opinion was fact. That you perceived it was is all on you. Most people can read it and see it for what it is an opinion. I don’t know why you are having a problem with that. By you logic you are also presenting you opinion that one figure is enough to judge a company’s quality by as fact when it’s not. It seems you are tying to nitpick here while not applying the same rules to yourself.

If you want to deal in only facts then why do you say we will only know the quality when in hand. That’s something you said a couple times now. That statement actually invalidates your look at the previous figure argument and actually supports my we don’t know what the quality will be argument. So which is it do you have faith based on the previous figure or do you support that we don’t know what the quality will be till it’s in hand?

I used the later date because that is when the run will be completed and finished 1.5 years from now. That you might get yours in September is great, but it’s not the end of the run.

You used the word fact a lot but then jump to something you”believe”. Do you have something to back up that belief of yours? Otherwise you are doing exactly what you are accusing me of.

Funny you used the 22 Batmobile as an example trying to counter my two year window. The 22 Batmobile was announced in 2022 ( I think it was May maybe around the movie release) and I won’t be getting mine until January 2024 if there aren’t anymore delays. Pretty close to that 2 year window I mentioned :)

You may want to ignore past practice but the FACT is people do use it as a metric of what to expect. Joost has been open about production of his products. To say he may change just for figures and suddenly shut down all information, seems like you are fishing for something to back up your argument.

We do know the quality of Mars figures. They released several and not just in the 66 line. They have developed a track record that people are able to base their opinions on about future products.

You are also again using the in hand argument to try to discount a track record while previously holding up one single figure from Jazz Inc as a reason to believe their figures will be of high quality. You can’t have it both ways. Pick a lane.

So after that big long wall of text I’m left here wondering what is your point? This is all based on one persons question on is it worth it to get the Mars figures or is it better to wait for Jazz Inc. from your earlier post to him you said you are buying the Mars 66 figures, which I also advised him to do. So I’m not sure why you are making arguments that sound like you think he should wait for the Jazz Inc ones. You want to disagree with the logic and opinions I have on why he shouldn’t wait that’s fine. However since you too are buying the Mars figures it would seem at least part of you on some level agrees with some of my points and you are hedging your bets in case Jazz Inc isn’t able to deliver.

You can lose the condescending attitude over the name. Lots of people call them Jazz Inc. it’s shorthand for the whole name. Like people saying HT for Hot Toys, or ESB for Empire strikes Back.

Lol.
How is “Jazz Inc” shorthand for “Jazzinc” ?

holy_wal_of_text.jpg

When something is posted as fact, and it is disputable, it will be challenged, as it should. Case in point:

"Jazz Inc has had some QC problems in the past with some of their products. He does get them fixed or makes it right for the customer, but let’s not pretend everything they make is perfect."

That is a perfect example. It was initially stated as absolute fact. It was clearly disputable and it was challenged. The post neither contained examples nor factual statistics, so it was anecdotal.

From vocabulary.com:

Something anecdotal has to do with anecdotes — little stories. Anecdotal evidence is based on hearsay rather than hard facts. People like to share stories about things that happened to them, or that they heard about, to make a point. That kind of talk is anecdotal: based on small, personal accounts.

That was a completely correct and appropriate use of the word, which is why that particular word was chosen. In all fairness, there was ultimately some supporting information provided in subsequent posting, which is obvious and I readily acknowledge.

"Most people take the time to do that and people read them to give some context as to what the response was about. That’s forum etiquette everyone follows except you apparently."

It's unfortunate that someone would feel that way.

I'm not sure I completely agree with that. I actually take the time to fully read each post and take the time to provide a well thought out approach that deals in facts and avoids or minimizes the use of "you" as to not provide a personal attack. In some cases, the word "you" must be used just to provide context, so it's not completely unavoidable. I also take the extra step of either quoting the entire section of the originating post in question, or providing trailing periods within the quote to indicate there is more to it.

That type of statement is usually accompanied by an unwarranted attack on a perceived attitude. Wait for it . . .

"You can lose the condescending attitude over the name."

And there it is. Who knew that "Jazz Inc" was actually shorthand for "Jazzinc". At least that was the first explanation. Then, it was because of auto correct. Who really knows.

At this point, there have been crazy long posts that still don't address, among other things, the original two year lead time "fact" that isn't a fact, but that's fine. If it can't be explained away in all of the posting that has been made so far, it probably can't be done, so no worries.

Last edited:
When something is posted as fact, and it is disputable, it will be challenged, as it should. Case in point:

"Jazz Inc has had some QC problems in the past with some of their products. He does get them fixed or makes it right for the customer, but let’s not pretend everything they make is perfect."

That is a perfect example. It was initially stated as absolute fact. It was clearly disputable and it was challenged. The post neither contained examples nor factual statistics, so it was anecdotal.

From vocabulary.com:

Something anecdotal has to do with anecdotes — little stories. Anecdotal evidence is based on hearsay rather than hard facts. People like to share stories about things that happened to them, or that they heard about, to make a point. That kind of talk is anecdotal: based on small, personal accounts.

That was a completely correct and appropriate use of the word, which is why that particular word was chosen. In all fairness, there was ultimately some supporting information provided in subsequent posting, which is obvious and I readily acknowledge.

"Most people take the time to do that and people read them to give some context as to what the response was about. That’s forum etiquette everyone follows except you apparently."

It's unfortunate that someone would feel that way.

I'm not sure I completely agree with that. I actually take the time to fully read each post and take the time to provide a well thought out approach that deals in facts and avoids or minimizes the use of "you" as to not provide a personal attack. In some cases, the word "you" must be used just to provide context, so it's not completely unavoidable. I also take the extra step of either quoting the entire section of the originating post in question, or providing trailing periods within the quote to indicate there is more to it.

That type of statement is usually accompanied by an unwarranted attack on a perceived attitude. Wait for it . . .

"You can lose the condescending attitude over the name."

And there it is. Who knew that "Jazz Inc" was actually shorthand for "Jazzinc". At least that was the first explanation. Then, it was because of auto correct. Who really knows.

At this point, there have been crazy long posts that still don't address, among other things, the original two year lead time "fact" that isn't a fact, but that's fine. If it can't be explained away in all of the posting that has been made so far, it probably can't be done, so no worries.
You use a whole lot of words in the first bit to hide the fact that at the end you concede I was right there are examples of QC issues.

So you aren’t sure you should read the quoted text to get the context of what someone is replying to? Then why in previous posts were you quoting texts?

You sure are concentrating on how Jazz Inc is used when it really has nothing to do with the original point of this whole thing. You jumped on it as some way to prove I don’t know the company and never bought anything from them. Now that you’ve lost that way of “attack” you choose to pivot and try to pick apart my “reason” for what goal exactly? I don’t choose to write out Jazz Inc Dioramas, the companies full name. I short hand it to Jazz Inc as others do. I my phones auto correct separated the word out. I’m not sure why this is hard to understand, or why it’s being called into question when it has NOTHING to do with what the original point is.

Unwarranted attack or perceived attitude? You are the one who came at me. You are the one who felt I was presenting something as fact when it was my thoughts and opinions, you are the one who started to try to talk down to me and flat out implied I was making things up or lying. That’s not a “perceived” thing those are your own words. You could have just said I don’t agree. You didn’t you started trying to pick things apart in an attempt to do what exactly? Assert your opinion over mine?

I’ve detailed out where I formed my opinion where the two year time line comes from. I’ve never said it was a fact. It’s been explained and explained simply. Why you still refuse to acknowledge it is beyond me.

You sure do seem to just skip over all my questions to you. Hmmmm wonder why.

Good Day Sir.

You use a whole lot of words in the first bit to hide the fact that at the end you concede I was right there are examples of QC issues.

So you aren’t sure you should read the quoted text to get the context of what someone is replying to? Then why in previous posts were you quoting texts?

You sure are concentrating on how Jazz Inc is used when it really has nothing to do with the original point of this whole thing. You jumped on it as some way to prove I don’t know the company and never bought anything from them. Now that you’ve lost that way of “attack” you choose to pivot and try to pick apart my “reason” for what goal exactly? I don’t choose to write out Jazz Inc Dioramas, the companies full name. I short hand it to Jazz Inc as others do. I my phones auto correct separated the word out. I’m not sure why this is hard to understand, or why it’s being called into question when it has NOTHING to do with what the original point is.

Unwarranted attack or perceived attitude? You are the one who came at me. You are the one who felt I was presenting something as fact when it was my thoughts and opinions, you are the one who started to try to talk down to me and flat out implied I was making things up or lying. That’s not a “perceived” thing those are your own words. You could have just said I don’t agree. You didn’t you started trying to pick things apart in an attempt to do what exactly? Assert your opinion over mine?

I’ve detailed out where I formed my opinion where the two year time line comes from. I’ve never said it was a fact. It’s been explained and explained simply. Why you still refuse to acknowledge it is beyond me.

You sure do seem to just skip over all my questions to you. Hmmmm wonder why.

Good Day Sir.
Thank you, and good day to you, as well :)

the purple one, just get Mars' versions. It'll take Jazzinc, Jazz Inc., or Jazzinc Dioramas some time to go into production. Probably a couple of years until release; if released. You can then decide if you want the newer versions or not. Now, I'm not an insider so take my information as you will;).

Interesting development now that Jazz has decided to thrown their hat into the 1:6 Batman market.

One the one hand, I welcome another competitor on the market vying for collector's attention and business. On the other hand, yet another rabbit hole I was hoping not to go down (for my wallet). :lol

LOL - No worries :)

Let's just call that one a "heated disagreement". Good thing you didn't ask which batman was the best :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The Juice and Nicole Brown Simpson had several "heated disagreements" before you know what happened.

Last edited:
The Juice and Nicole Brown Simpson had several "heated disagreements" before you know what happened.
According to OJ, she was fine when he last saw her. His buddy with the bronco just got lost on the 405 for a bit.

Besides, I don’t own any bruno magli shoes ;)

If the gloves don’t fit, you must acquit :ROFLMAO:

Back