KOTCS Indy PF...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't hate it, but if they don't fix the eyes I will cancel my order (I pre-ordered the Exclusive).

Have you seen how much Play.com are selling it for
https://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadget...Of-The-Crystal-Skull-Indy-Figure/Product.html
:lol:rotfl:lol
I swear there having a laugh.
Being a UK collector is getting depressing

man , oh man. :lol
I have seen them up and down the price on a few things after a few months though. I would think they would lower it soon.
Before its in stock anyway.
Still wondering about this one. The one thing that just won't grow on me is the black rim around the base. It really sticks out in my mind. Ecspecially next to the original base. The height difference too..
those are my main concerns. I might wait for some photos of them together.

...The one thing that just won't grow on me is the black rim around the base. It really sticks out in my mind. Ecspecially next to the original base. The height difference too..
those are my main concerns. I might wait for some photos of them together.

Agreed. They should really make all the Indy bases the same height...in case you want to line your 4 Indy film incarnations up in a row on a shelf.

It's OK that the 'leaning' of some of the poses may make him appear a bit shorter than if he was fully standing (KOTCS pose vs. ROTLA pose), but the bases should really be all the same height IMO.

I can understand some opinions where they want the bases to be the same height but I actually don't mind having them different heights because I think it makes them a little more unique next to each other.

This is about how I felt after work today...

crystalskullindylarge.jpg

Why The KOTCS? why not the Temple of Doom?

Each movie license costs a certain amount. From what I can gather, Sideshow bought the rights to produce merchandise based on Raiders of the Last Ark and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. If they want to do a Temple of Doom Indy PF then they'll have to pay Papa Lucas for the privilege.

Each movie license costs a certain amount. From what I can gather, Sideshow bought the rights to produce merchandise based on Raiders of the Last Ark and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. If they want to do a Temple of Doom Indy PF then they'll have to pay Papa Lucas for the privilege.

I thought they'd said during the license announcement that we could look forward to seeing products from all of the movies. Wouldn't that mean that they'd gotten the rights to ALL the films? I don't really see LFL (and/or Hasbro if they're also involved) handling this any different than the Star Wars license.

Yup, they mentioned at the beginning that they'd secured the license for all 4 films...

I still have a feeling that Mola Ram and Indy TOD PF's will be next...or Henry Sr...Just look at the poll results on the SS site...

I'm hoping for all three at some point. My Indy PF collection would be complete.

Yup, they mentioned at the beginning that they'd secured the license for all 4 films...

I still have a feeling that Mola Ram and Indy TOD PF's will be next...or Henry Sr...Just look at the poll results on the SS site...

I am thinking ToD Indy will be next then Mola Ram but I can see them waiting on Mola Ram until after LC Indy. I can wait on a Mola Ram since I am getting the Blind Master 1/6.

I'm hoping for all three at some point. My Indy PF collection would be complete.

:rock :rock :rock

I am thinking ToD Indy will be next then Mola Ram but I can see them waiting on Mola Ram until after LC Indy. I can wait on a Mola Ram since I am getting the Blind Master 1/6.

I'm cool with waiting for the Mola PF too as I have the BMW one coming this year! :rock

I'll still get the PF of Mola Ram though...I'm still leaning towards getting all 4 Indy PF incarnations...ROTLA and KOTCS as stand-alones, TOD displayed with Mola, and TLC displayed with Henry Sr. Those are really the only PF's I need to have from the Indy line I think...:angelsmil

:rock :rock :rock

I'm cool with waiting for the Mola PF too as I have the BMW one coming this year! :rock

I'll still get the PF of Mola Ram though...I'm still leaning towards getting all 4 Indy PF incarnations...ROTLA and KOTCS as stand-alones, TOD displayed with Mola, and TLC displayed with Henry Sr. Those are really the only PF's I need to have from the Indy line I think...:angelsmil

I am definitely going to get any PF they put out on the Indy line. I am petty sure I am going to get 1/6th Mola Ram ,if they put one out, regardless just to be complete. It would most likely just get stored though.

That's what I thought, too, but then why would Sideshow have limited all of its Indiana Jones-related releases to ROTLA and KOTCS so far? All 4 of their released and upcoming 1:6 scale figures have been from ROTLA, in addition to the PF. For KOTCS, we have the 1:4 scale crystal skull that came with the DVD, in addition to the upcoming PF.

So if they have the license for all four of the movies, why are they limiting themselves to those two in particular? Granted, ROTLA is pretty much universally regarded as the best of the series, but KOTCS didn't exactly break box office records. And I'm sure most of us would have rather gotten a 1:6 scale Henry Jones Sr. instead of Belloq or German disguise Indy.

Unless, of course, they're starting from both ends of the quadrilogy and working their way to the middle? :huh

That's what I thought, too, but then why would Sideshow have limited all of its Indiana Jones-related releases to ROTLA and KOTCS so far? All 4 of their released and upcoming 1:6 scale figures have been from ROTLA, in addition to the PF. For KOTCS, we have the 1:4 scale crystal skull that came with the DVD, in addition to the upcoming PF.

So if they have the license for all four of the movies, why are they limiting themselves to those two in particular? Granted, ROTLA is pretty much universally regarded as the best of the series, but KOTCS didn't exactly break box office records. And I'm sure most of us would have rather gotten a 1:6 scale Henry Jones Sr. instead of Belloq or German disguise Indy.

Unless, of course, they're starting from both ends of the quadrilogy and working their way to the middle? :huh

With the PF who knows what their thought process was. It could be it was just easier to do the KOTCS PF because they reused the original Indy PF clothes for the most part and hopefully Temple of Doom he will have his ripped shirt and no jacket. Not that, that is too hard to do but it might have just made sense. I am not convinced they will take the 1/6 to KOTCS right away, if they do I for see a lot of angry people.

Back