KOTCS Indy PF...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everytime I see this thing on a banner or something I cringe. Maybe the face sculpt is technically accurate, but its just so sad and (sorry must say it) ugly. Its really a depressing and aesthetically unpleasing to look at face. The sad expression, the wrinkles, the bloating. I just don't understand why someone would memorialize Indy in that way when they could have made him look proud or determined like this.
indiana_jones_and_the_kingdom_of_the_crystal_skull_movie_image_harrison_ford__1_.jpg

or this

G844-675~Indiana-Jones-And-The-Kingdom-Of-The-Crystal-Skull-Posters.jpg

or
Indiana_Jones_4_Pics_11-1.jpg

I really think they took Harrison at his worse for that sculpt. He looked so much younger during most of the film.

Really? If you don't have one go for the original while you can. :rock

The original is the definitive version of Indy. The whole reason I'm passing on this is comparing it to the original (which I have), it just doesn't measure up (pun unintentional :p).

Everytime I see this thing on a banner or something I cringe. Maybe the face sculpt is technically accurate, but its just so sad and (sorry must say it) ugly. Its really a depressing and aesthetically unpleasing to look at face. The sad expression, the wrinkles, the bloating. I just don't understand why someone would memorialize Indy in that way.
I really think they took Harrison at his worse for that sculpt. He looked so much younger during most of the film.

Not the sculpt. That sculpt could be used in just about any of those poses and be acceptable. It's the paint.

Not the sculpt. That sculpt could be used in just about any of those poses and be acceptable. It's the paint.

The paint isn't great by any means, but that sculpt is not pleasing to look at. He's too wrinkled and the face is much too sombre. His brow and jowels are weird. All in all the sculpt is much too old and unpleasant.

The paint isn't great by any means, but that sculpt is not pleasing to look at. He's too wrinkled and the face is much too sombre. His brow and jowels are weird. All in all the sculpt is much too old and unpleasant.

Not really. Too wrinkled? Jowels and brow weird? I don't know what you're seeing but I definitely see KOTCS Indy here:

3410506308_1fe17c81ed_o.jpg

Prog all 3 of those shots are photoshopped, hes older now man. The sculpt is more right then you think.

This is shopped too but you can see the shape of his face better.

kotcs_final.jpg

In the film he does not look as old and sad looking as the sculpt. I would want something to be more flattering for my collection. Thats just me.

I'm not arguing the technical accuracy of the sculpt per se, just saying that its effect is not as attractive as I think they could have gone for. I just figure it could have had a smirk or something to give it a tad more enthusiasm or something. It just looks a bit dead to me and ugly. Maybe it is the paint. IDK.

I'm not arguing the technical accuracy of the sculpt per se, just saying that its effect is not as attractive as I think they could have gone for. I just figure it could have had a smirk or something to give it a tad more enthusiasm or something. It just looks a bit dead to me and ugly. Maybe it is the paint. IDK.

I just realized something. Why are you even posting in here about this? :huh :lol. You keep wording your arguments and dislikes as if the pics have swayed you from picking it up yet you have no intention of buying this just like you had no intention of buying the first one (except for the ridiculously absurd condition of finding the Ex for under $200). Seems like nothing more than whining for the sake of whining. What's your motive? Is it the funk you're in because you don't want to fork out the cash for something so you figure you'll just irrelevantly bash it for justification? What's the dillio bro?! :confused:

I just realized something. Why are you even posting in here about this? :huh :lol. You keep wording your arguments and dislikes as if the pics have swayed you from picking it up yet you have no intention of buying this just like you had no intention of buying the first one (except for the ridiculously absurd condition of finding the Ex for under $200). Seems like nothing more than whining for the sake of whining. What's your motive? Is it the funk you're in because you don't want to fork out the cash for something so you figure you'll just irrelevantly bash it for justification? What's the dillio bro?! :confused:

My motive is I think telling SSC how bad an item is hopefully prevents the next items I am interested in from being so horrible. If the Tron PF I'm hoping for came out looking like this I'd be a lot more pissed. I don't think I've fained interest in this item. I believe I even said stuff like "if I was a fan of this film I'd be disappointed."

The other motive is I'm bored and I like to rain on your parade. :lol:lol:lol Nah. In general I like to talk about collectibles, even ones I maybe wouldn't buy anyway.

Also to clarify, its not the EX version of the ROTLA PF that I am waiting to score for $200. I'm fine with the regular, I still don't think long term thats unrealistic because there are so many of them out there. Maybe it won't happen within the year, but who cares, you're the only one counting the days. :D

Last edited:
I don't bother talking about items I'm not interested in. Why? Cause I don't care to go in and poop on something folks in that thread might want. If I wanted it and didn't like it that would be one thing but to do so otherwise is just dumb IMO. I prefer to find items I want to talk about cause I like them.

Tron PF? That would be a thread I'd stay out of because that would be an item I could live without.

My motive is I think telling SSC how bad an item is hopefully prevents the next items I am interested in from being so horrible.

Don't you mean how bad you think an item is? ;)

I quite like it and I think it will look good with the other PF.

In fact I liked it enough to preorder the EX, now hopefully my WL for the fist PF EX will convert. :rolleyes:

Nah, I was actually speaking on your behalf.:D And with almost 40,000 posts, I'm not so believing of you avoiding any threads at all. :lol

Great! I can do a good enough job looking like a total ass myself. Thanks though. :) Oh I've avioded plenty of threads actually. Some sections I've barley ever even gone in as well.

Back