Hot Toys's -MMS134 Inglourious Basterds: Col. Hans Landa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This pic really shows off the likeness. Fantastic job

45610_423917522343_58690437343_5305185_7147733_n.jpg

I think the only issue I have with the sculpt is the eyebrow(s) shape.

Maybe he could have been given a little more fluff in the hair too. But I know why they went for the more flat look.

Great likeness!

But by everyone's logic around here, this is just a guy in a uniform. Not a superhero or macho Expendable. So can someone explain to me why this figure happened and Inception didn't?

Great likeness!

But by everyone's logic around here, this is just a guy in a uniform. Not a superhero or macho Expendable. So can someone explain to me why this figure happened and Inception didn't?

well...Military uniforms/figures tend to sell well to the military collectors as well as movie collectors. Plus this is an oscar winning character and prob the best character from the movie.

Also maybe Nolan just didn't license out his movie for any sort of figure :dunno

Having said that I wish someone would pick up Inception. I'd buy some figures.

Because Inception was a good movie but Inglorious Basters kicked f'n ass and won an Academy Award!

His hair is a little off but I'm sold. Instant buy for me.

I'd say the uniform here is a bit more interesting.

Still, as much praise as this guy gets, I do not think he will be an instant sell-out. Even though the character is far more interesting than most of the stuff HT is putting out or has put out.

And I liked Inception much more than this film... even though they're completely different genres. I think it'll win more awards than IB.

Last edited:
I'd say the uniform here is a bit more interesting.

Still, as much praise as this guy gets, I do not think he will be an instant sell-out. Even though the character is far more interesting than most of the stuff HT is putting out or has put out.

indeed. You can pretty much find Aldo at or below retail these days also.

well...Military uniforms/figures tend to sell well to the military collectors as well as movie collectors. Plus this is an oscar winning character and prob the best character from the movie.

Also maybe Nolan just didn't license out his movie for any sort of figure :dunno

Having said that I wish someone would pick up Inception. I'd buy some figures.

Maybe. I'm not knocking the figure, I think it looks great. Was just curious what folks thought about this, since I took so much heat on the subject the other day.

Because Inception was a good movie but Inglorious Basters kicked f'n ass and won an Academy Award!

Wait until Oscar season. I have a feeling Inception will take home a few prizes of it's own.

And I thought Inception was much better than Basterds, and by looking at the grosses, IMDb, and Rotten Tomatoes, I can safely say I'm not alone.

Hot Toys like to give us stern, plain expressions usually. Remember the Mark III BD? :(

But I honestly do like this portrait. Only sat through the film once, but the face is very recognizable.

Wow... looks great!

Wouldn't mind an extra head either with a smirk, or a swastika carved in it... but as is he kicks ass.

Little light on accessories compared to Aldo, but not surprising as he didn't interact with a lot of stuff. Could always use a glass of milk though.

Wow... looks great!

Wouldn't mind an extra head either with a smirk, or a swastika carved in it... but as is he kicks ass.

Little light on accessories compared to Aldo, but not surprising as he didn't interact with a lot of stuff. Could always use a glass of milk though.

That's why I think an extra head sculpt would have been nice. Hey maybe we should start a petition asking for an extra head :lol

I don't think he'll ask for Aldo's price either. Suggested retail will probably be $150, but we'll be able to find him for $135 at places like Alter Ego.

You know I always thought Lieutenant Hicox looked so slick in his uniform, in the first scene. I think he would make an awesome figure, even tho he didn't play a huge role. Probably would never happen but still would make nice custom

zz720b421a.jpg

9xi99j-560x420.jpg

IB-9.jpg

Thank God, an updated head sculpt. Likeness is still not quite there, but it's 95% what it needs to be and any issues after this point would only be nitpicks.

Yet another homerun, HT :rock!

Back