Hot Toys's -MMS134 Inglourious Basterds: Col. Hans Landa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool man ! I see he's being treated right :lol...guess what, I just repurchased him again. Missed him too much. Not cry myself to sleep missed, but you get the picture :lol

Yes sir, but now I feel bad for taking him away from you :lol You re-buying a few other pieces that you sold as well or just Landa?

Yes sir, but now I feel bad for taking him away from you :lol You re-buying a few other pieces that you sold as well or just Landa?

It's all good man. I went through a period where I didn't want to collect anymore. Now I do, but more conservative and I don't get as much (so I like to think :lol). I rebought Spidey, Landa, IM MKIV, and T1 T-800 that I can think of :lol

It's all good man. I went through a period where I didn't want to collect anymore. Now I do, but more conservative and I don't get as much (so I like to think :lol). I rebought Spidey, Landa, IM MKIV, and T1 T-800 that I can think of :lol

Good thing you kept your Platoon figures then, eh? It's hard to find Chris Taylor for a decent price nowadays, I still haven't got him :lol

My Ultimate Hans Landa!!
opted for HT's version because I wanted a serious look on his face and used DID's clothes and accessories since they are more historically accurate.

img1085pu.jpg

Do you have DID's headsculpt?
How does it compare with HT's one, which one is better overall?

Yep, I actually did have it before, but here is Raymond Ferraro's summary which I think explains it best.

My rankings...

HEADS: Winner; Hot Toys

HT pros: Superior sculpt, higher quality paint, better overall size,

HT Cons: bland expression, inferior likeness

DID Pros: two heads, has a better expression, better likeness overall.

DID Cons: Heads are too small, paint is inferior, he has this sort of weird mustache shadowing on his upper lip, the heads look much better when this is removed with nail polish remover.

I like DID's sculpt, but I wanted a more serious look for my figure.

Yep, I actually did have it before, but here is Raymond Ferraro's summary which I think explains it best.

I like DID's sculpt, but I wanted a more serious look for my figure.

I see, thanks for the info :clap
I agree that DID's cloth is better in the term of accuracy
Which make 1/6 ultimate hans landa quite pricey :thud:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyMMPawECv8&feature=related"]YouTube - Hot Toys Inglorious Bastards Hans Col Landa- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

I know this is an old thread but I thought someone might like this video of my Hans Landa Hot Toys figure posed with some Terminators and Tyler Durden when I first got him.

Hope you enjoy the video

I had a dilemma about choosing between HT or DID's version of Hans Landa. Because HT's expression is really bland and DID's outfit is what we see the most throughout the movie. But more likely I will buy HT version because I mostly collect HT and paintjob is superior than DID. Will pick DID vers. too if its available for cheap price on my local sellers :)

I had a dilemma about choosing between HT or DID's version of Hans Landa. Because HT's expression is really bland and DID's outfit is what we see the most throughout the movie. But more likely I will buy HT version because I mostly collect HT and paintjob is superior than DID. Will pick DID vers. too if its available for cheap price on my local sellers :)

the paint in the did figures is awesome..the clothes on the did version (in my opinion) are a little bit oversized..
the did heads are better than the ht version (the smirks are amazing) but too tiny .you have to use a camera strategy effect to have good pics..

381945_2556732487571_584539561_n_zps4d7c0ede.jpg

281523_2212637725417_5659192_n_zps97d9a1d5.jpg

76295_1667193689657_806428_n_zps0565a6db.jpg

Last edited:
the paint in the did figures is awesome..the clothes on the did version (in my opinion) are a little bit oversized..
the did heads are better than the ht version (the smirks are amazing) but too tiny .you have to use a camera strategy effect to have good pics.

Thank you for the great comparison pictures! some said DID's head is undersized but from the pictures I don't think that is really noticable. Yeah I agree that DID's expression is much more in-character than HT's.

I see now. A can of spraypaint in the background, good for huffing. You spray a little of that in a shopping bag, inhale and then hang your head back and look at the two sculpts and say, 'I like you best, DID sculpt. You look weird but you're smiling, I think I'd get along with you best in real life.'

Back