Hot Toys's -MMS134 Inglourious Basterds: Col. Hans Landa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's - Inglourious Basterds: Col. Hans Landa

I don't know guys something seems off on that figure to me, but I can't put my finger on it yet.

Beautiful. Day one purchase for me.

As incredibly awkward as it feels to say it, I'm glad they put on the Nazi symbol. I'm all for on screen accuracy with my figures, and I'm against hiding/misrepresenting the past with historical products.

I know some may think it's awkward and uncomfortable and there's absolutely no way I could argue with you. Personally, I'm very pleased it's there.

If they tweak anything, I hope they add a second head with a different mouth (a la Leonidas) in a smiling pose. He was at his most evil behind his charm.

Looks great, but I wish they would include a second sculpt. Something more cheeful and/or goofy. This is serious Jew-killing Landa, not "Thats a Bingo!" Landa.

Yeah, he is definitely a sardonic man , not a serious one. His Jew-hunting is driven by his egotistical desire to demonstrate how clever he is rather than any actual prejudice or political conviction. A hateful expression like a real-life monster like Amon Göth (Ralph Fiennes portrayed him in Schindler's List) just does not sit right with me.

I was taken away in my first post by the fact he does look like Waltz.

Beautiful. Day one purchase for me.

As incredibly awkward as it feels to say it, I'm glad they put on the Nazi symbol. I'm all for on screen accuracy with my figures, and I'm against hiding/misrepresenting the past with historical products.

I know some may think it's awkward and uncomfortable and there's absolutely no way I could argue with you. Personally, I'm very pleased it's there.

If they tweak anything, I hope they add a second head with a different mouth (a la Leonidas) in a smiling pose. He was at his most evil behind his charm.

To me, it would just be awkward not to have it. I know some companies try to be 'politically correct' and leave off the swastika, but in fact they are doing the exact opposite. They are being politically incorrect. The nazis were a political party afterall. To me, it only draws attention to that fact if they leave something obvious like a swastika off. I mean its no secret the movie took place during WWII and he was a German Officer. I mean, it doesn't take a lot to figure it out that he is a nazi. I mean even the posters had a lot of swastikas (doesn't even the title font use one?).

Yes Nazis were bad dues, but little things like swastikas shouldn't be left off because of that. Its apart of history and removing swastikas won't erase what the nazis did.

compared some pics of waltz and the the hot toys figure, and now i can totally see waltz in the sculpt.

It's just not the expression i'm used to seeing hm with.

F you HT. Thats all I am going to say.

Oh, and also that this looks good, and I want it bad lol.

Consider it this way: Landa is a fictional character, merely being represented as he actually appeared on screen. Modern German and Jewish history are among my major personal interests and generally I find people in favour of censorship of Nazi symbols in a non-political context like this one have a shallow sense of intellectual or artistic integrity at best.

On the other hand I do get really disgusted when real life mass murders like Heinrich Himmler and Reinhard Heydrich start to show up in figure form. Generic NS soldier, even SS men, do not bother me, but making actual war criminals seems as distasteful as having figures of Charles Manson or the Columbine shooters.

Back