Hot Toys's -MMS134 Inglourious Basterds: Col. Hans Landa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to get this. Looks awesome! I was hoping for a sculpt with a carved Swastika in his forehead though.

That would be a great "Sideshow" Exclusive head to include. But I'd rather have a Bingo head. More display options than just on the ground bleeding :lol

Do we need to start a Bingo petition or something and let HT know we want a second head? Not a resculpted one per say, but a FULL SECOND HEAD like Leonidas got.

The expression is neutral, same with Aldo. So he is suitable to be displayed aside that guy.

Do we need to start a Bingo petition or something and let HT know we want a second head? Not a resculpted one per say, but a FULL SECOND HEAD like Leonidas got.

The problem with BINGO is that it requires a second outfit, and that might bug people more.

Golden-Globes-Win-Landa-Bingo-2010.gif

That would be a great "Sideshow" Exclusive head to include. But I'd rather have a Bingo head. More display options than just on the ground bleeding :lol

Imagine they included a second aldo sculpt with this guy ..u know that smug look that everyone wanted him to have ..may be a good business move 2,more people will want both of them that way.

I can't wait to get this. Looks awesome! I was hoping for a sculpt with a carved Swastika in his forehead though.

Hm...interesting choice.

Although, how would you display him? He'd have to have a pathetic expression and be sprawled out on the ground.

I mean that part of the movie was Hans at his worse. (unless of course getting owned by Aldo Raine is cool :lol). I would assume you want to display him to show his mischeif / evil grin / look lol.

Re: Hot Toys's - Inglourious Basterds: Col. Hans Landa

Consider it this way: Landa is a fictional character, merely being represented as he actually appeared on screen. Modern German and Jewish history are among my major personal interests and generally I find people in favour of censorship of Nazi symbols in a non-political context like this one have a shallow sense of intellectual or artistic integrity at best.

On the other hand I do get really disgusted when real life mass murders like Heinrich Himmler and Reinhard Heydrich start to show up in figure form. Generic NS soldier, even SS men, do not bother me, but making actual war criminals seems as distasteful as having figures of Charles Manson or the Columbine shooters.

I can definately see your viewpoint and I agree to an extent. If the Himmler etc figures are being used for a historical diorama, I think that is OK, but if they are being bought and used to glorify nazis, etc than that is wrong.There are some crazy 1:6 dio builders out there though! Full vehicles and tanks and towns and the whole nine yards (literally! :lol). But using real historical figures in fictional dios can work to. For example a good 1:6 Hitler standing next to a Indiana Jones figure and signing the grail diary would be kind of cool. Right out of the movie right?

But as you said, he is a fictional character and people get that. I have no problem displaying a Nazi Kroenen, Toht, or Red Skull. They were all nazis, but fictional and I think everyone understands that.

The problem with BINGO is that it requires a second outfit, and that might bug people more.

Golden-Globes-Win-Landa-Bingo-2010.gif

They could include that too :lol

But seriously, a 'lighter' head if you will, would be a nice additon to the figure. It doesn't have to be scene specific to the outfit. This is a very serious Landa and to me, Landa wasn't all frowns and serious eyes. He was a light, goofy character that was fun to laugh at.

I agree, Aldo should have gotten the smirk head from the get go, but I think a dramatic expression head would be even more needed on Landa. Aldo still looks like he could kick your butt, but the problem is, so does Landa. He doesn't look like he is going to be making you a Bingo offer anytime soon.

Funny I was thinking earlier today when the official specs for Landa would be out. I think he looks really good. Not sure yet if I'll get him cause if I do, I'll want to get Aldo to go with him plus I'm not sure what my friends and family will think with me having a Nazi on my shelf especially since I'm Asian :lol

Re: Hot Toys's - Inglourious Basterds: Col. Hans Landa

For example a good 1:6 Hitler standing next to a Indiana Jones figure and signing the grail diary would be kind of cool. Right out of the movie right?

Hitler is...singular. Somehow being the ultimate icon of evil makes him more a target of mocking abuse than threatening. That is why Mel Brooks can write "Springtime for Hitler" or Hitler can be doing everything on the Simpsons from answering his mobile in Buenos Aires to hitting on Grandpa Simpson in drag. Hence how he can be put into Indiana Jones in that very wry fashion.

In contrast you never see many jokes about Eichmann or Goebbels.

Ahhh!! Never been this giddy before for a figure!

Looks like Landa and is Q4 like I had hoped!

Funny I was thinking earlier today when the official specs for Landa would be out. I think he looks really good. Not sure yet if I'll get him cause if I do, I'll want to get Aldo to go with him plus I'm not sure what my friends and family will think with me having a Nazi on my shelf especially since I'm Asian :lol

Just have him posed with a predator whoopin on him then you're golden. :lol

Looks good. I don't collect WWII and even less interested in having a Nazi (even a movie one), but Christoph did such an amazing job and the character was easily the scene stealer of the movie...I'll probably get this. But rats, now I'll need Aldo to counter point him. :p

Back