Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi!!

Here is my babydoll ;)

Some pics:

DSC03803.jpg

Kind of like the more voluminous, thicker hair look.

No sculpted nipples to do it on. :monkey1

Really like the way she looks here, a bit more mature, a bit sexier.:clap

I landed an extra head and will wait for all of mine to arrive before choosing which one to display.

Here is some more pictures I took after I changed the position of the hair, using water only to style it:
(Sorry for the crappy pictures, using only the Detolf lighting and my iPad.)

img_032461la7.jpg

img_03275ubax.jpg

img_0328pczeg.jpg

Also, against my better judgement I took off the clear rubber band things holding the pony tails together. Replaced it with white thread. It's now easier to move the hair around and feels more natural. Isn't as screen accurate, but you don't see the back of her head much the way I pose her. One reason I took the rubber bands off is when I put the headband on, I made the hair behind it loose and could not fix it any other way.

img_0326ghxel.jpg

It's a cool figure, I am glad I bought it, even with the middle parted hair. The only thing I can't really figure out what to do with is the front bangs hair, I can't seem to find a way that I like it.

Here is some more pictures I took after I changed the position of the hair, using water only to style it:
(Sorry for the crappy pictures, using only the Detolf lighting and my iPad.)

img_032461la7.jpg

img_03275ubax.jpg

img_0328pczeg.jpg

Also, against my better judgement I took off the clear rubber band things holding the pony tails together. Replaced it with white thread. It's now easier to move the hair around and feels more natural. Isn't as screen accurate, but you don't see the back of her head much the way I pose her. One reason I took the rubber bands off is when I put the headband on, I made the hair behind it loose and could not fix it any other way.

img_0326ghxel.jpg

It's a cool figure, I am glad I bought it, even with the middle parted hair. The only thing I can't really figure out what to do with is the front bangs hair, I can't seem to find a way that I like it.

Looks good! I wonder if I should try that the thread technique. I tried the water/twist idea but the bands make it, so it bunches up some much in the back :gah:

How many times did you twist the thread around the tails before you got it tight enough, did you put the thread on it was wet, or did you wait until it was dry.

Here are my recent attempts, still not satisfied with the flow of the tails. :slap
DSC00369.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

Last edited:
I like the way you put the 8x10s behind the figs Jono! Pretty sweet, IMO. Wish I had the space (or the self-restraint to limit my collection) to do that! :lol

Also, I had the same problem as you--when putting on the headband, I made the hair in the back loose. Unfortunately, the saran/fake hair does not really handle the same way as real hair, so I could not really fix it either. Normally, I'd just pull the hair in the tail apart gently to tighten it, but the hair is just too fragile. I guess we take hair for granted, lol.

How many times did you twist the thread around the tails before you got it tight enough, did you put the thread on it was wet, or did you wait until it was dry.

Before I started, I took the head off the body, dipped it in a cup of warm water. Use a pair of tweasers to start removing the bands and then my finger once it became loose. After it was off, just got like a 8 inch thread and started wrapping it around. With it being wet, the hair all sticks together and it is very easy to maneuver when preparing it for the thread.

I twisted the thread around probably 4 times, tied it twice, wrapped it two more times, then tied it twice again. Cut off the extra and it was good to go. The hair has been in the same position with the rubber bands for so long, when you take the bands off it barely moves. It was easy to put back into the same position. If you like posing it as I have seen you do, it probably makes it easier to move and you don't have to worry about breaking the bands and being screwed. You can redo it any time you like with the thread.

I like the way you put the 8x10s behind the figs Jono! Pretty sweet, IMO. Wish I had the space (or the self-restraint to limit my collection) to do that! :lol

Also, I had the same problem as you--when putting on the headband, I made the hair in the back loose. Unfortunately, the saran/fake hair does not really handle the same way as real hair, so I could not really fix it either. Normally, I'd just pull the hair in the tail apart gently to tighten it, but the hair is just too fragile. I guess we take hair for granted, lol.

Thanks, I just randomly had the idea to do it like that because I felt the wall behind the detolf was really boring. Something was better than nothing. I'd probably have a ton more figures if I had more money and space for more display cases, lol.

The only real problem I kinda don't like with BD is it seems like her hair in the front (bangs) is too long or something, at least on mine. I kinda want to trim it, but I'm too scared, lol.

Last edited:
mine should arrive soon and i got already couple extreme possess to put her on. i mean not in that sense of the word lol but you know what i mean... jumping attack stance, eyc

Hey you guys, it's been a month since BB shipped my Babydoll and it's finally here. She's so much more beautiful in person than in the pictures.
Also I realised that some of you guys had the skirt way to up in the waist, it seems like floting xD I discovered that it's sewed on a corner, but if you "unsew" it, there's a "burr" ? so you can put it right in place. Just in case someone didn't know

Anyways here're some photos ! I've not styled her hair yet btw !

165906_4317478139427_1512728169_n.jpg

483279_4317478419434_1530635429_n.jpg

293820_4317478859445_1260119743_n.jpg

582574_4317479139452_471827986_n.jpg

282624_4317479379458_1146900529_n.jpg

554245_4317479539462_674342361_n.jpg

391388_4317480339482_233778399_n.jpg

293152_4317480779493_1073675603_n.jpg

535055_4317481059500_435523516_n.jpg

Blurry pic, but just to show a full body shot with her skirt fixed.

I will probably display her next to the GG statue, till the SS PF arrives :yess:

Got my Babydoll from an HK ebay seller, but unfortunately not a side-parted version... :(

The rest of the figure looks awesome though!

babydoll.jpg

Sideshow%20Freaks

Nice action shot Drifts almost looks like a statue or PVC!, Great looking close ups Cereza!, glad everyone is enjoying their BDs. :clap

Back