Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ i think so, not entirely sure though, i figured it was a batch ting like Batmans brokern ankle :dunno

SSC are great for replacements, but i think this just wasn't a big enough of a porblem for them to send out another

Yea you're probably right BUT who knows about the second batch that they received since it was a partial shipment. Second batch is just getting around to US retailers.

But I agree that gbey overall SSC CS is pretty grear but I know that for the T1 PF they didn't want to give out replacement statues even though the jackets on it was peeling the paint around the neck or so I've heard/read. But if you use some kind of hair product on the bangs, couldn't you isn't move some pieces of the hair over to get the part the way you want it?

Is there anyone that got this from a US seller that isn't middle parted?

My first Babydoll was bought early from Sideshow but my second (sidepart ver.) I bought from eBay seller "chogokin77".
They ordered it from a "Hot Toys store" but I'm unsure if that means it was from Sideshow or somewhere else.
Everything was packed in the same box as my first BD so maybe it was from Sideshow's new batch (meaning the new batch is a bunch of side parted heads)?

can anyone have the pigtails stay in front?
don't know if its possible the way the hair is tied

The only way I've been able to get it to work is to split each ponytail in half and lay the front half on her shoulders and the rest down her back.

Oh, and thanks for the hair gel tip, it makes a big difference!

My first Babydoll was bought early from Sideshow but my second (sidepart ver.) I bought from eBay seller "chogokin77".
They ordered it from a "Hot Toys store" but I'm unsure if that means it was from Sideshow or somewhere else.
Everything was packed in the same box as my first BD so maybe it was from Sideshow's new batch (meaning the new batch is a bunch of side parted heads)?

Mh.. thats intresting, I wish to know where this hair problem comes from in the first place, its kinda wierd.

My Babydoll arrives tomorrow:impatient:, and I'm pretty sure she might be middle parted, at least I made up mi mind now and I can accept that
I know I'll love her anyway :love

Yea you're probably right BUT who knows about the second batch that they received since it was a partial shipment. Second batch is just getting around to US retailers.

But I agree that gbey overall SSC CS is pretty grear but I know that for the T1 PF they didn't want to give out replacement statues even though the jackets on it was peeling the paint around the neck or so I've heard/read. But if you use some kind of hair product on the bangs, couldn't you isn't move some pieces of the hair over to get the part the way you want it?

I was looking for that one a guy or girl mentioned a few pages back, it w asn't there and iwouldn't have the first clue which are water soluble or not

I need a savvy hairspray user to chime in and school me on identifying them :lol

Oh man... Just got this figure today. Finally got her all set up, but the stand won't go low enough to leave her in a crouching pose. Maybe a stand mod project...

And man... It's gonna take hours to figure out how to fix all the stray hairs

I was looking for that one a guy or girl mentioned a few pages back, it w asn't there and iwouldn't have the first clue which are water soluble or not

I need a savvy hairspray user to chime in and school me on identifying them :lol

Trust me using gel or hairspray won't work to hide the middle part. even working on the bangs. Unfortunately the indention is to deep into the head. It is workable to move the bangs around, however to cover the indention, will not be the best solution, it will cover the indention sure, but it won't look like how the bangs are supposed to look when placed around her face. I've already done numerous techniques on how to cover the middle part. It is possible, but then the bangs look obscure around the face.

OMG

My Babydoll just arrived today, I had so much hype I didn't know what to do.

She is perfect, she came with the middle parted hair, and I like it she looks like the one in Luka's pics.

Unfortunately my camera is broken... -.- so I can't take any pics, but I might take some low quality pics with my cell

Okay I got my water wax that Hikaru132 mentioned. Some experimenting, so far I like it compared to the gel it goes on light and has a nice glow to it.
some quick picks. Still working with it on one of HS.

FSCN0186.jpg

FSCN0190.jpg

My other sculpt where I think has the better tails. To think this wax was cheaper than the gel, but has natural results
DSCN0234.jpg

DSCN0243-1.jpg

Last edited:
Would the waterwax work on black widow v1?

It might. The thing about when I used the gel, it held, but became incredibly tough. It was annoying, but with this it holds well, and still keeps the hair vey soft like human hair. It still retains it's shine. I'm definitely going to use this if need be on the Avenger's widow. :wink1:

The sun just went down, and I put my crappy light on and shot this w/o flash

DSCN0281.jpg
/
RSCN0282.jpg

W/flash
DSCN0279.jpg

RSCN0280.jpg

You can see with the cream the hold is still there, but the shine and body didn't suffer in the process like with the hair gel IMO :lecture

Last edited:
It's actually called Dollfie Water Wax, only $4.00, it's almost feels like cold cream that women put on their face. but it's real smooth on BD's hair, you can use just a little at a time, works the best on the front bangs.

DSCN0248.jpg

https://www.volksusa.com/matlst0005.html

DSCN0250.jpg

:goodpost: Thanks so much for the review/info of that guyver1! It looks like a good product, and seems like it would be really useful for that new Black Widow too!

Back