Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a big improvement right there, but I'm sure some people would say.. "too much"

With that custom I can say her face actually looks like Emily as she is in the movie, but I still love my Babydoll more :love

Best custom I've ever seen :clap

Face skin shading nice but eye makeup way overdone for me- but still beautiful and I'm sure many will like it!

Just got mine. Middle parted with crazy hair in some spots ughhh...

Any eBay sellers or sellers in general selling just the head with a proper part for a reasonable price?

I got mine from BBTS by the way.

After further review of mine, the hair is a complete mess and was not properly put into the hair bands. There is loose hairs all over the ____ing place.

I am so sick of Hot Toys' lazyness.

As I said in my previous posts, anybody that can point me in the direction of a seller with proper heads please let me know on here or by PM.

I'm about ready to just sell this ____ing thing back out again. I'm definitely cancelling Black Widow.

Last edited:
How bad does it look, can you post a pic? Just curious and hope you'll get a better version.

Well its middle parted, which doesn't even bother me at this point. Just the one ponytail looks crappy compared to the other, and a lot of strands of hair were not put into the ponytails and they just stick out.

I might email BBTS about maybe getting a replacement, but if I describe what I want to get back from them their not going to know what I'm talking about since it's just customer service.

If only BBTS had a phone service...

If I could just remove the hair bands, get all the hair together and put them back on I guess I would be okay with it. But they have that strink wrapped rubber on it?

I stole the idea from someone else in the thread; I used KY jelly. Worked really well I think-her hair was a mess when I got it.

Let the lubricant jokes begin now:yess:

You're kidding right. nice work! Does that mean her hair is energized and ready to prowl! :rotfl

Well its middle parted, which doesn't even bother me at this point. Just the one ponytail looks crappy compared to the other, and a lot of strands of hair were not put into the ponytails and they just stick out.

I might email BBTS about maybe getting a replacement, but if I describe what I want to get back from them their not going to know what I'm talking about since it's just customer service.

If only BBTS had a phone service...

If I could just remove the hair bands, get all the hair together and put them back on I guess I would be okay with it. But they have that strink wrapped rubber on it?

Don't remove the tight bands it''s really tough to get the tails perfect again, I did that with one of my middle parted heads. I can tell you, HT's used those bands because they're not supposed to be messed with. :lecture

Why don't you email BBTS a pic of what you mean by the messed up hair. I remember with SSC I had a broken Iron man part and I sent them a pic of the broken piece and they replaced the figure. But that's SSC, not sure with BBTS.

DSC03735.jpg

Yeahh, happy with the hair part and tidiness... now to get some KY Jelly.

Scared to put on headband.

They should've just already had the head band on the figure right oh I the box. I don't see anything special Bout leaving it of for us to put on

Just got mine. Middle parted with crazy hair in some spots ughhh...

Any eBay sellers or sellers in general selling just the head with a proper part for a reasonable price?

I got mine from BBTS by the way.

I think it really comes down to luck. I received one from BBTS and it had a side part and the hair was pretty nice out of box. I got one from Sideshow and it was all jacked up. I had to send it back. The one from Sideshow had the same issue yours did. With the hair bunched up where it should be going through the rubber band. :monkey4

I think it really comes down to luck. I received one from BBTS and it had a side part and the hair was pretty nice out of box. I got one from Sideshow and it was all jacked up. I had to send it back. The one from Sideshow had the same issue yours did. With the hair bunched up where it should be going through the rubber band. :monkey4

Seems like your right, complete luck. I've contacted with them, I'll hear back tomorrow morning. I guess I will get another one sometime end of next week... :mad:

Seems like your right, complete luck. I've contacted with them, I'll hear back tomorrow morning. I guess I will get another one sometime end of next week... :mad:

I'm real sorry, sounds like you got a bad one. I couldn't be happier with mine though- it just took me maybe 7 mins to get it squared away. The KY is the way to go.
Also-I removed the head altogether to get the band on so it didn't touch the pigtails at all (again, stole the idea).

As for BW-don't give up on the figure yet. I'm waiting for in-hand shots before I assume the worst. Plus,her hair will be considerably shorter so won't be such a hassle. :wink1:

Yeah, despite what the included instructions say, it's probably best to avoid the pigtails all together. Any messing with them will result in loose hairs galore.

Quick snap shot. Pretty happy with how she turned out.

1z1uy6q.jpg

Now I just used hot wated to style the hair. I just wet it and twisted it in the direction it was already going in.

In that recent interview, Hot Toys mentioned not being able to style the hair due to safety reasons. They could have at least included instructions/tips on how we could. Sigh.

142a3p1.jpg

Im also working on a custom base for Babydoll. I'm going to add snow to it so it will be similar to when she was fighting the samurai. It is the closest I could find to the stone courtyard.

If you approached them nicely, I wouldn't be surprised if they just send you a new head, prepaid and you also keep the defective one. BBTS has been awesome to me. I had a minor problem with Batman pers cover..was just looking to swap it out..didn't even send pictures, and they sent me a new head. Good luck.

Back