Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like you guys are finally getting in touch with that long suppressed barbie loving eh?

I joke of course, this seems to have turned out very nicely...hopefully Amber is just as good.

Well, I dunno about overkill, but IMO this is one of those rare times where Gugu can't dramatically improve a head with just a new paint app.

Nice custom, but browning's eyes aren't that bright blue, they're are more hazel or brownish green, that's why it looks kind of odd IMO. Still good custom though.

This is what I mean

8ffca706.jpg

e2f6627e.jpg

Last edited:
I tried to get a replacement side part head from Sideshow, they didn't go for it :(

i could spend £60 for one of ebay, but i can't justify paying more to fix hot toys mistake. The center part will have to do.

It's evident SSC got a bad batch, so in this case being a SSC customer was for the worst for me.

I tried to get a replacement side part head from Sideshow, they didn't go for it :(

i could spend £60 for one of ebay, but i can't justify paying more to fix hot toys mistake. The center part will have to do.

It's evident SSC got a bad batch, so in this case being a SSC customer was for the worst for me.

that sucks man. sorry to hear that they didn't let you get it replaced. seems like they're not so keen on doing replacements like they used to be

So all figures from SSC got the center parted hair style?

^ i think so, not entirely sure though, i figured it was a batch ting like Batmans brokern ankle :dunno

SSC are great for replacements, but i think this just wasn't a big enough of a porblem for them to send out another

^ i think so, not entirely sure though, i figured it was a batch ting like Batmans brokern ankle :dunno

SSC are great for replacements, but i think this just wasn't a big enough of a porblem for them to send out another

That really is a drag. I'm pretty sure SSC did get the middle parted hs only for some reason. I guess some retailers that didn't go through SSC directly were fortunate to receive the side parted sculpts. But for the most part it looks like anything related to SSC has only received the middle parted sculpts. I can tell you the Asian market is a pain to go through, but it seems like they have the edge on receiving the side parted sculpts.

I got both my side parted sculpts from the Asian market and unfortunately I got my first two BDs from a retailer that distributes through SSC, so they were both middle parted.:slap

Would it be dishonest to order a SP sculpt from HK and 'return' a perfect mint MP sculpt for a refund? I have never seen a seller advertise the part. Thoughts?

Would it be dishonest to order a SP sculpt from HK and 'return' a perfect mint MP sculpt for a refund? I have never seen a seller advertise the part. Thoughts?

It depends, both my sp sculpts were packed in bubble tape and put in a overseas package. I'm not saying they check to what they given me, but who knows. If you meant the entire figure sealed from the HK retailer, you might have some luck.

Back