Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone! Check out my latest Youtube video!
My Preview Video for my review of BABYDOLL!!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhRo05ziTvQ[/ame]

I'm still on the fence with Amber. I've got to see in hand photos of her, before I decide.

From the promo photos, she looks great, however, the character IMO was my least favorite, only because aside from the pilot factor, she really didn't do that much other than be in a vehicle or pilot a plane. I can understand that HTs wanted to maybe produce more Asian female figures for collectors and that's fine, but I don't see why they passed on SweetPea or Rocket, or at least SweetPea would be the obvious choice next to BD as in terms of the next character that made an impact in the film, opposite Babydoll, followed by Rocket. :slap

I really hope they do at least a SweetPea figure. All of them of course would be key, Rocket, Blondie, etc, but HT's should've done SweetPea if they were going to limit the line to just two figures. Amber was not the
best choice, but I'll wait and see.

I'm still on the fence with Amber. I've got to see in hand photos of her, before I decide.

From the promo photos, she looks great, however, the character IMO was my least favorite, only because aside from the pilot factor, she really didn't do that much other than be in a vehicle or pilot a plane. I can understand that HTs wanted to maybe produce more Asian female figures for collectors and that's fine, but I don't see why they passed on SweetPea or Rocket, or at least SweetPea would be the obvious choice next to BD as in terms of the next character that made an impact in the film, opposite Babydoll, followed by Rocket. :slap

I really hope they do at least a SweetPea figure. All of them of course would be key, Rocket, Blondie, etc, but HT's should've done SweetPea if they were going to limit the line to just two figures. Amber was not the
best choice, but I'll wait and see.
I couldn't agree with you more, sir.
I think at least they must add sweet pea to this line. her costume was bad-ass :yess:

If they added a Sweetpea, Babydoll becomes an instant buy. I'm still on the fence for her as I only liked the action scenes in Sucker Punch.

I couldn't agree with you more, sir.
I think at least they must add sweet pea to this line. her costume was bad-ass :yess:

Her character was bad-ass as well. Next to BD's sword, SweetPea had the best weapons the rifle and shotgun. HT's blew it for the time being, I would have love to have SweetPea stand side by side with my BD in a classic action pose! Not to mention, I would love to have two action figures of these two amazing Aussie actresses in Emily Browning and Abbie Cornish. :lecture

C'mon HT's make it happen, what were they thinking all Amber had was a pistol for a weapon :gah: Even Blondie would've been a better choice if they were thinking of making a character outside of the three that was featured the most in the film besides baby. I wonder how good HT's would've gotten in an accurate HS of Vanessa's Hudgen's face. Would it be the first Latina HS from a movie that HTs tried to create.

With a SweetPea, I can mimic poses like this
IMG_3413.jpg

IMG_3412.jpg

Last edited:
Her character was bad-ass as well. Next to BD's sword, SweetPea had the best weapons the rifle and shotgun. HT's blew it for the time being, I would have love to have SweetPea stand side by side with my BD in a classic action pose! Not to mention, I would love to have two action figures of these two amazing Aussie actresses in Emily Browning and Abbie Cornish. :lecture

C'mon HT's make it happen, what were they thinking all Amber had was a pistol for a weapon :gah: Even Blondie would've been a better choice if they were thinking of making a character outside of the three that was featured the most in the film besides baby. I wonder how good HT's would've gotten in an accurate HS of Vanessa's Hudgen's face. Would it be the first Latina HS from a movie that HTs tried to create.

With a SweetPea, I can mimic poses like this
IMG_3413.jpg

IMG_3412.jpg

I think HT strategy was to make BD coz she would obviusly sell, and then make a character that no one liked (really I don't think she is pretty) but well
Maybe they thought people would buy Amber thinking the'll have all the girls

Actually, Amber is the only one I wouldn't buy...:lecture

BTW Awesome pics, I wanted to see Babydoll with the hair like that :clap

need moar pics:panic:

PS. My Babydoll arrives sometime this week!! the wait is killing me!!!

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure HT only got this license so they could make an Amber. I think Amber was their only sure bet of a figure and Babydoll only because she was used the most for marketing.

Well... finally decided to order one from Sideshow. Here's to hoping it has the side part! If not... wonder if they'll even exchange it. Sideshow has been awesome to me in terms of service that they're the only ones I order new Hot Toys from. (Spooktacular another good reason too!)

I've never had a rooted hair figure before... I have zero idea how to style the hair. Any tips?

Here's to hoping we see a Sweet Pea and Rocket at SDCC.

Well... finally decided to order one from Sideshow. Here's to hoping it has the side part! If not... wonder if they'll even exchange it. Sideshow has been awesome to me in terms of service that they're the only ones I order new Hot Toys from. (Spooktacular another good reason too!)

I've never had a rooted hair figure before... I have zero idea how to style the hair. Any tips?

Here's to hoping we see a Sweet Pea and Rocket at SDCC.

No Blondie?
:dunno
Why just make 4 girls?
:cuckoo:

No Blondie?
:dunno
Why just make 4 girls?
:cuckoo:

Haha, call me cuckoo all you want, but those 3 are the only ones I found interesting. Blondie and Amber just felt more like background characters to me. I liked Rocket's personality/attitude, and Sweet Pea is also very important in the film. Plus... 5 figures in a detolf? Now that's just cuckoo hahaha

can you please explain?
I don't quite get it :monkey2

I believe HT wanted this license so they could make a figure of an Asian-American actress. They only have one other figure of an Asian female and an Asian female in a western action type movie is pretty rare.

Haha, call me cuckoo all you want, but those 3 are the only ones I found interesting. Blondie and Amber just felt more like background characters to me. I liked Rocket's personality/attitude, and Sweet Pea is also very important in the film. Plus... 5 figures in a detolf? Now that's just cuckoo hahaha

I've had 5 figures on one shelf before and now too. When I had TDK Figures I had DX Joker and DX Batman, Two-Face, Cop Joker and Begins Batman on one shelf. And now I have 3 clone commanders and 2 Jedi on one shelf all in action poses. They can fit and look good too. Just takes time to get it right.

But I agree with you about Rocket and SweatPea. I have no interest in Amber or Blondie. I really have no interest in SweatPea either but it I had to choose, I'd choose her and/or Blondie over Amber

Rocket is the only other SP girl I'd buy besides Babydoll

Hello everyone! :peace

I've been sort of lurking in this thread since the beginning and finally got my second Babydoll (side part version). :yess: She's definitely my favorite figure so far!

023.jpg

025-1.jpg

031.jpg

033-2.jpg

Thanks for viewing~ :wave

Hello everyone! :peace

I've been sort of lurking in this thread since the beginning and finally got my second Babydoll (side part version). :yess: She's definitely my favorite figure so far!

023.jpg

025-1.jpg

031.jpg

033-2.jpg

Thanks for viewing~ :wave

Did you applied any kind of product to her bangs? they look really straight and nice :)

Last edited:
Back