Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So are people seriously disappointed with the rooted hair? It looks absolutely beautiful and is definitely the best option for the kind of hair style they were dealing with. IMO, the shorter the hair, the better it looks sculpted, but really intricate or long hair is better rooted. It also removes any possible issues with getting in the way of articulation, not to mention it looks more natural since the hair can freely fall onto things.

Some people just like to cry about it looking like a barbie. I think it's more like some ridiculous masculinity issue some people on this board have.

Always prefer rooted hair.

I think Babydoll looks amazing except for her face. Her eyes look dead and her nose is too thick. It looks nothing like Emily Browning :(

This may be my first Female figure, yes i'm a chauvinist at heart like all men i believe...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w[/ame]

:lol :lol

Fun day when a lot of people pass this fig up and it ends up being $200+ on the 'bay... which is when they'll suddenly decide they wanted it.

Regardless of the minor flaws, it's a great figure, esp for a female. Generally most 1/6 female figures look too much like dolls with bad headsculpts and poorly fitting clothes. I just wish the movie was better. It was horrible, imo.

I think she turned out great!

I think those that are hard on the likeness are lucky these are even being made from a bombed movie.

sorry. reminds me of something i would have bought for my 12 yr old daughter when she still played with dollies.

In some images I see Emily, in others not so much but I still want this figure. Love that the Katana is made of real metal! And the rooted hair looks great!!

I think she turned out great!

I think those that are hard on the likeness are lucky these are even being made from a bombed movie.

DVD/ Bluray sales were pretty good though from what I could tell. At least around here. Most places were close to sold out if not sold out (my usual Target was, BestBuy luckily had a few left of the extended version though)

DVD/ Bluray sales were pretty good though from what I could tell. At least around here. Most places were close to sold out if not sold out (my usual Target was, BestBuy luckily had a few left of the extended version though)

That is because smart business's don't fill their warehouse with movies that failed at the box office. :monkey1

They've done real metal katanas before (Kamui Gaiden, another sweet figure from a crap movie).

Fun day when a lot of people pass this fig up and it ends up being $200+ on the 'bay... which is when they'll suddenly decide they wanted it.

Some collectors may jump on this ship late and have to pay premium, but not me, I have nothing invested in this film or interest in this line in general. Too many other releases that have my interest. I do admit that the rooted hair is an improvement to BW. But the blank, vacant look is a major turn off. It's not a 'Barbie' 'maculinity' issue as you mentioned in a prior posting (I have Triad LOLA and am happy to own as a one-off non-licensed product) , just a matter of choice. I choose to pass, but not pass-up the opportunity to voice an oppinion.

Again... good on those who are awaiting this and Amber.

Back