Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm loving that Hot Toys are beginning to use metal on these new figures instead of cheap plastic...maybe Sweeney Todd will have real razors?

:lol

Fun day when a lot of people pass this fig up and it ends up being $200+ on the 'bay... which is when they'll suddenly decide they wanted it.

these chicks aren't in the Avengers, aren't needed to complete a Superhero team with the likes of Iron Man, Thor and Captain America, and aren't based off an A lister who's considered sexy as hell. Plus they weren't in a huge blockbuster like Iron Man 2.

These will go the way of Silk Spectre I bet.

She does looks off. A little like a young Cameron Diaz instead. But I'll get her anyway, along with Amber!

these chicks aren't in the Avengers, aren't needed to complete a Superhero team with the likes of Iron Man, Thor and Captain America, and aren't based off an A lister who's considered sexy as hell. Plus they weren't in a huge blockbuster like Iron Man 2.

These will go the way of Silk Spectre I bet.

You may be right... but SS looks horrid. I mean really bad, probably HT's worst fig. So that doesn't help it much.

Some people just like to cry about it looking like a barbie. I think it's more like some ridiculous masculinity issue some people on this board have.

Always prefer rooted hair.
I reckon I feel pretty confident about my masculinity. . .but I still don't want a Barbie on the shelf, and that's what rooted hair reminds me of. I'm not sure why "being a man" means you have to like rooted hair on your toys. Seems like we should all be able to respect that some like things that others don't :huh

I reckon I feel pretty confident about my masculinity. . .but I still don't want a Barbie on the shelf, and that's what rooted hair reminds me of. I'm not sure why "being a man" means you have to like rooted hair on your toys. Seems like we should all be able to respect that some like things that others don't :huh

Some collectors may jump on this ship late and have to pay premium, but not me, I have nothing invested in this film or interest in this line in general. Too many other releases that have my interest. I do admit that the rooted hair is an improvement to BW. But the blank, vacant look is a major turn off. It's not a 'Barbie' 'maculinity' issue as you mentioned in a prior posting (I have Triad LOLA and am happy to own as a one-off non-licensed product) , just a matter of choice. I choose to pass, but not pass-up the opportunity to voice an oppinion.

Again... good on those who are awaiting this and Amber.

Fair enough, I'm not here to convince anyone, just stating out loud trends that seem go on in this hobby.

And BW's hair was awesome! (Shameless pic plug)

IMG_3240.jpg

I would liked to have seen Thor with rooted hair.

Or the inevitable Conan with rooted hair.

I'm sure a bunch of collectors' heads would have exploded at seeing their ACTION FIGURES being ruined by DOLL HAIR!!!! With the increasingly irritating trend of collectors insisting ultra-realism, I'm surprised at the resistance to 'real' hair.

:nana:

Fair enough, I'm not here to convince anyone, just stating out loud trends that seem go on in this hobby.

And BW's hair was awesome! (Shameless pic plug)

IMG_3240.jpg
I wish HT would include sculpted and rooted hair options for figures like those.

I would liked to have seen Thor with rooted hair.

Or the inevitable Conan with rooted hair.

I'm sure a bunch of collectors' heads would have exploded at seeing their ACTION FIGURES being ruined by DOLL HAIR!!!!

:nana:
thorlarge.png

Could use darker pupils perhaps.

And her lips bother me the most... too defined and too much gloss. Emily's lips were always very puffy and without any sort of shine (giving it a softer look).

I'm loving all of the detail on the outfit & accessories! :rock

Yeah, those are pretty damn cool. Very nice job by HT on that but the rooted hair and the likeness aren't. Went and grabbed the art book I just got and its just off. I don't think the face is round enough and to be honest not enough baby fat still in the face. The face this piece has is very slender and I don't think she's quite that slender in the face. This is the one character I would consider buying from this movie (I really like the movie as a whole).

Id love to see all you _____ers do better. :lol

High quality and truly original comeback right here. :wink1:

I'm sure most of us would get...sidetracked...if we were tasked with the job of accurately depicting Baby Doll

High quality and truly original comeback right here. :wink1:

I'm sure most of us would get...sidetracked...if we were tasked with the job of accurately depicting Baby Doll

I really dont care how "high quality and truly original" my come back was. Its the truth. Im sick of seeing artist's get ripped on their work when other collectors cant manage to draw a stick person. Its just getting really ridiculous with a lot of the bull ____ I see on this board.

I really dont care how "high quality and truly original" my come back was. Its the truth. Im sick of seeing artist's get ripped on their work when other collectors cant manage to draw a stick person. Its just getting really ridiculous with a lot of the bull ____ I see on this board.

Why does it matter how good we are at sculpting? Their job is to accurately depict characters and we have every right, as consumers, to critique them on that job.We aren't asking for the impossible. There are always people who complain about a sculpt no matter how good it ends up, but this is much worse than usual and we know Hot Toys can do better. Not only does the expression not match the character at all, but the sculpt itself doesn't depict the character or actress well and that's a problem. Remember: this is not charity work. They get paid to do this and we pay a heft fee to get their works.

Back