Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that's the case, they truly have NO business having a web-based component to their business, because they sure don't know how to handle orders and keep track of stock levels (which should easily be automatic)...

This is exactly what I was saying in the Cobra Trooper thread, but everyone was like "We are getting such good deals when they actually come through, so its OK." But I still share your opinon. Why is it so hard to subtract a number when that number of products sells? Its not rocket science.

And them cancelling an order at a lower price and claiming it is sold out when they still have it available on their website is just down right wrong, if not illegal. You should threaten to report them to the better business bureau, that might get them to find your sold out item :rolleyes:

Hate to pile on, maybe not... but Big Bad Toy Store has done the same thing to me, twice!:mad: I had to re-order Wolverine from another supplier and hopefully they come through.

The first was Hot Toys Joker, at least they had the decency to email me about the status of the product. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and decided to give them my business thinking maybe this was a one time thing. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me or however the saying goes. There was no real indication with Wolverine. I ordered him with a few other items and those came, so I was thinking maybe their Wolverine's haven't arrived and they're shipping all the items to me earlier. Then weeks turned into months, until I finally decided to check the status which had been cancelled. This kind of practice shouldn't be tolerated and Big Bad Toy Store have lost all my confidence.

This is exactly what I was saying in the Cobra Trooper thread, but everyone was like "We are getting such good deals when they actually come through, so its OK." But I still share your opinon. Why is it so hard to subtract a number when that number of products sells? Its not rocket science.

And them cancelling an order at a lower price and claiming it is sold out when they still have it available on their website is just down right wrong, if not illegal. You should threaten to report them to the better business bureau, that might get them to find your sold out item :rolleyes:

That's not a bad idea, buddy!
I may do that.
I didn't see that other thread, but I don't see how it's a good deal if they don't actually send it to you. There's no excuse for running a sales website so poorly. Most inventory software does that math for you.

EDIT: I just went to the BBB's website, and registered a complaint with the Hasting's HQ's area BBB branch. We'll see if anything happens... Oh, and even the $5 discount is off Wolvie now, at the gohastings website he is $164.

Last edited:

Better business bureau can work wonders. My wife has gotten a couple items by contacting them.

Better business bureau can work wonders. My wife has gotten a couple items by contacting them.

Wow, cool.
If anyone else wants to report this nonsense, this is the BBB local to Hasting's corporate HQ:

https://txpanhandle.bbb.org/consumers

Click on "file a complaint", and put www.gohastings.com in the choice for web address. It will then show you a few different Hastings, you want the one up top that has a little "HQ" beside it, "Hastings Entertainment, Inc."

They deserve a little fire under their feet for this dirty trick, and every voice they hear will add more to the attention this gets, I'm sure.

Wow, cool.
If anyone else wants to report this nonsense, this is the BBB local to Hasting's corporate HQ:

Click on "file a complaint", and put www.gohastings.com in the choice for web address. It will then show you a few different Hastings, you want the one up top that has a little "HQ" beside it, "Hastings Entertainment, Inc."

They deserve a little fire under their feet for this dirty trick, and every voice they hear will add more to the attention this gets, I'm sure.

Hell yeah! Fight the power!

Wow, cool.

I'm trying to figure out the real issue here that would necessitate contacting the BBB. I might have missed something....

Ok...so folks have placed orders for a product. At the last moment gohastings.com sends an e-mail canceling the order. As far as I can tell nobody's card was charged...so nobody is out any cash. While I agree that gohastings.com needs to have a better inventory control/monitoring system, I'm just not following the unethical or illegal business practice that would necessitate involving the BBB.

I think it's sloppiness and poor management on the part of gohastings.com. I think it inconveniences customers to have their orders canceled at the last moment, and personally I would think twice about placing another order with them.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm just trying to gain some insight regarding this situation.

I may have misread but I believe the issue is that the company offered the figure for a good price, then cancelled saying they didn't have stock, but the figure is still available from them but now at a higher price? If that is the case you have every right to be pissed off.

I'm trying to figure out the real issue here that would necessitate contacting the BBB. I might have missed something....

Ok...so folks have placed orders for a product. At the last moment gohastings.com sends an e-mail canceling the order. As far as I can tell nobody's card was charged...so nobody is out any cash.

My card was charged- goHastings held on to my money for a good 5 or 6 days, raising the price back up in the meantime and not sending me one while they continued to have 25+ in stock the whole time. and no offense taken, but I do want to clarify.

I may have misread but I believe the issue is that the company offered the figure for a good price, then cancelled saying they didn't have stock, but the figure is still available from them but now at a higher price? If that is the case you have every right to be pissed off.

Exactly. Bingo. This was a bad, bad business practice.

Hey Drizzle - Thanks for responding in a manner which helped clarify the issue rather than become defensive. Sometimes with these 200+ page threads you sometime miss some of the important details.

You know I can't figure out if this company is engaging in deceptive business practices or if they are just incompetent...maybe it's a combination of the two. But you would assume they wouldn't charge your card unless they had the item in stock. This again speaks to their poor inventory control. Assuming they legitimately ran out of this figure, the least they could have done is gave you a rain check so that you could purchase the figure at the discounted price once they obtained additional inventory.

I don't think stores can re-order Hot Toy figures (especially if they are marked as sold out on Sideshow)... i've noticed once they sell out, they are usually gone for good from that store.

Hey Drizzle - Thanks for responding in a manner which helped clarify the issue rather than become defensive. Sometimes with these 200+ page threads you sometime miss some of the important details.

You know I can't figure out if this company is engaging in deceptive business practices or if they are just incompetent...maybe it's a combination of the two. But you would assume they wouldn't charge your card unless they had the item in stock. This again speaks to their poor inventory control. Assuming they legitimately ran out of this figure, the least they could have done is gave you a rain check so that you could purchase the figure at the discounted price once they obtained additional inventory.

My guess is a combination of both as well, with deceptive behavior being the larger part of it.
I've seen other items on gohastings.com sell out pretty much in real-time when someone mentions a sale item on a board. I just missed the half price Machiko the other day. Meanwhile they claimed Wolvie sold out while the page never reported him sold out.
They answered me again today, just another evasive cut-and-paste, still trying to use Amazon as a straw man- they behave as if I ordered through Amazon, and it's their fault inventory wasn't kept up with, when Amazon has nothing to do with their webstore. I told them once again, very bluntly that Amazon has nothing to do with it.

I don't think stores can re-order Hot Toy figures (especially if they are marked as sold out on Sideshow)... i've noticed once they sell out, they are usually gone for good from that store.

Exactly. Wolverine's continuing "in stock" status and recently raised price just shows they simply didn't want to sell many for $123.

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

58.jpg

Back