1/6 Hot Toys + HONO - Marvels X-Men - Classic Wolverine Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking forward to seeing what they Hono does with Thor. The body and proportions will be telling because comic Thor should be taller and more muscular than whatever body will serve as the 6-foot male standard. Magneto will also be an interesting test as he should have the standard 6' superhero body type. However, I am interested in the Present Toys throne.
I wonder when they will announce the next round of characters.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they Hono does with Thor. The body and proportions will be telling because comic Thor should be taller and more muscular than whatever body will serve as the 6-foot male standard. Magneto will also be an interesting test as he should have the standard 6' superhero body type. However, I am interested in the Present Toys throne.
I wonder when they will announce the next round of characters.

Hot Toys has no problem making figures insanely big, so Thor shouldnt be an issue. Im still sad this Wolverine isnt as short as he should be.

Hot Toys has no problem making figures insanely big, so Thor shouldnt be an issue. Im still sad this Wolverine isnt as short as he should be.
How tall should he be in 1/6 scale? If we go by Sideshow's measurements, he measures 11.2" to the points/top of his "ears" which puts him at about 10.6" tall to the top of his head. Does he need to be even shorter than that?

How tall should he be in 1/6 scale? If we go by Sideshow's measurements, he measures 11.2" to the points/top of his "ears" which puts him at about 10.6" tall to the top of his head. Does he need to be even shorter than that?
No, 10.5" area is perfect since he's "officially" suppose to be 5' 3".

This figure is listed as 11.2" but that's probably accounting for the tip of his helmet ears so he's probably around 10.8". 0.3" off, give or take, if it really matters.

No, 10.5" area is perfect since he's "officially" suppose to be 5' 3".

This figure is listed as 11.2" but that's probably accounting for the tip of his helmet so he's probably around 11". 0.5" off if it really matters.
I scaled two of the official images in Autocad (architecture software) to the top of his ears/points at the listed 11.2" and both times, he came out to roughly 10.6" to the top of his head (rounded yellow area). So, by that, he should be pretty much right on target then 🤔

Were the Sideshow figures too tall? Mine are all boxed up in the back of the closet lying in shame :LOL:

Last edited:
I scaled two of the official images in Autocad (architecture software) to the top of his ears/points at the listed 11.2" and both times, he came out to roughly 10.6" to the top of his head (rounded yellow area). So, by that, he should be pretty much right on target then 🤔

Were the Sideshow figures too tall? Mine are all boxed up in the back of the closet lying in shame :LOL:

wow didnt think the ears added that much height, 10.6 is good enough, his boots probably add a little height

Guys, I had a mildly disturbing thought about all of this…

What if 11.2” IS the standard height for these figures going forward? 😳. Can you imagine the Thor being the same height as Wolverine or Magneto being as tall as your average HT Black Widow? I do wonder if HONŌ will use a variety of body types to fit each character or use two stock bodies (a la Famous Covers from back in the day).

Perhaps to save costs/time Thor and Wolverine might share the same seamless 24” Pythons (brother). On the downside, I don’t want to think about The God of Thunder being dunked on by the HT She-Hulk in 2024.

Guys, I had a mildly disturbing thought about all of this…

What if 11.2” IS the standard height for these figures going forward? 😳. Can you imagine the Thor being the same height as Wolverine or Magneto being as tall as your average HT Black Widow? I do wonder if HONŌ will use a variety of body types to fit each character or use two stock bodies (a la Famous Covers from back in the day).

Perhaps to save costs/time Thor and Wolverine might share the same seamless 24” Pythons (brother). On the downside, I don’t want to think about The God of Thunder being dunked on by the HT She-Hulk in 2024.
I seriously doubt HT would do that. If anything, Thor and Magneto will probably be the standard 12".

Is anyone planing on selling a faceplate that has a cigar for him... if so... I'm all in.

Yeah, that would be cool. You’d have to get by the PC police at Disney. “Smoking is bad, unkay?!”

If I could regenerate, I’d smoke cigars too.

Is anyone planing on selling a faceplate that has a cigar for him... if so... I'm all in.
Hopefully a 3rd party company will offer it. I doubt anyone would offer it until after the figure is released. They would need the actually figure in hand to produce it. I would also purchase one.

Really hope Wolverine is the correct height. I'd be interested in a brown suit version also I can see the potential the line has.

Really hope Wolverine is the correct height. I'd be interested in a brown suit version also I can see the potential the line has.
That might be the real goal. These classic characters have so many costume options. Classic tiger stripe, the beloved brown suit, the Astonishing update, the X-Force dark gray, the Krakoa modern suit, etc. Easy retooling and updates at an entry level price means possibly some collectors buying multiple versions - which might be more profit than simply one very expensive Hot Toy that fewer fans can initially afford.

I know I’m already down to see a brown suit to compete with Sideshow’s old figure.

What is the difference between the 'classic tiger stripe' and the version Hono is making?
The Hono one is the classic tiger stripe I was referring to. Though I guess there’s an audience for the “first appearance” tiger stripe too.
Gentle-Giant-1st-Appearance-Wolverine-011.jpg

Last edited:
The Hono one is the classic tiger stripe I was referring to. Though I guess there’s an audience for the “first appearance” tiger stripe too.
Gentle-Giant-1st-Appearance-Wolverine-011.jpg
A swap out first appearance sculp would be fantastic but of course would raise the price. Maybe a third party can supply us with this option?

I still feel like the claws are too long and too spread out. They should be shorter than the length of his forearms to his wrists and straighter rather than fan out.

A swap out first appearance sculp would be fantastic but of course would raise the price. Maybe a third party can supply us with this option?

I still feel like the claws are too long and too spread out. They should be shorter than the length of his forearms to his wrists and straighter rather than fan out.

I personally love the exaggerated claws and ears.

Yea I agree. Don't really care about anything they've posted since the initial reveal. Nothing that's engaging.

Would be great if they unveil Magneto with the release of Xmen '97 in the next few weeks

Back