Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I found the service of Urban Collector good I would recommend against any UK or Ireland fans going there.

They will mark the package in the the legalist way possible so you will incur costumes fees and they will not change their mind. Which is a pity as other stores have no problem doing that. But it's their cal I know.

Yes, and he was up when they were having their sale. I guess many don't know about gohastings and those that do have a slight mistrust of them. I know they've had some issues such as not having items in stock, dinged up boxes, and figures perhaps being assembled and displayed. However, it's not like anyone got ripped off by them. Their system sucks that's for sure.

Yes from experience I'll say if you are going to order from gohastings.com then cross your fingers!

I bought a Machiko from them for $85 shipped on clearance. They sent me Predator 2 in an opened box and the box was completely beat to sh**.

Their policy is they will return items that aren't open and instead of trying to mess with returning it through them I checked Ebay and saw what they were going for. I dropped the price somewhat from what some of the last Ebay listings went for and sold it to a guy in CA.

The funny thing? I put this story in my auction and figured most people would roll their eyes and think "uh huh, sure that happened", right? He had the EXACT same thing happen to him so he figured I was legit! Worked out in the end, he got the P2 figure he wanted for less than what they go for and I made some extra cash from the price I paid for the Machiko.

Yes from experience I'll say if you are going to order from gohastings.com then cross your fingers!

I bought a Machiko from them for $85 shipped on clearance. They sent me Predator 2 in an opened box and the box was completely beat to sh**.

Their policy is they will return items that aren't open and instead of trying to mess with returning it through them I checked Ebay and saw what they were going for. I dropped the price somewhat from what some of the last Ebay listings went for and sold it to a guy in CA.

The funny thing? I put this story in my auction and figured most people would roll their eyes and think "uh huh, sure that happened", right? He had the EXACT same thing happen to him so he figured I was legit! Worked out in the end, he got the P2 figure he wanted for less than what they go for and I made some extra cash from the price I paid for the Machiko.

Aw man! Man I had a thread here looking to sell my Machiko MIB so I could buy a Predator 2!! :(

i knew this was too good to be true
Items:
Quantity:1,Wolverine Limited Edition Collectible Figure Toys & Games $123.75Discount: 1 for $123.75 each

Merchandise:$123.75
Tax: $0.00
Shipping/Handling:$11.31
Total:$135.06

Your order placed on 02/21/2010 has been completed.

The following item(s) have been cancelled. Either the item(s) were cancelled at your request or our sources were unable to ship the item(s) due to availability. You will not be charged for any cancelled items. We apologize for any inconvenience.

ORDER NUMBER:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Cancel Qty Title Price per Item
1 Wolverine Limited Edition Coll $164.99

They canceled my Wolverine order today. Dicks.

So...I wrote them.
I'm a fairly rational person in my old age, I don't get aggravated much, but this just irked me.

This is what I got back:

Hi (Drizzle),

We appreciate your taking some of your time to contact us. We apologize for the inconvenience. Your order was cancelled in our system due to availability. The item physically sold from the store location before your order was received into our system from Amazon. Amazon should have sent you an email letting you know of the cancellation and refund to your method of payment.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We look forward to serving your entertainment needs in the future. Thank you for shopping at goHastings.com, we sincerely appreciate your business.
You are a highly valued customer in our stores, and we hope that you will continue to allow Hastings the opportunity to provide your home entertainment needs in the future.

Customer Service

What a load of crap.

So I wrote them back:

This is nothing more than a lame excuse. No, in fact, let's call it what it is- a LIE. The item STILL shows as available (but with a higher price) on your website. Go look!
https://www.gohastings.com/product/TRENDS/Wolverine-Limited-Edition-Coll/sku/279160667.uts
I think you just got more orders for it than you wanted to fill at a lower price, so you cancelled them.
Also, I did not order through Amazon, but directly from your website. At no time was any redirect from Amazon involved.
You need to know, this kind of chicanery damages customer trust, and I guarantee you have lost a lot of future business from me. I don't spend my money with businesses that have such poor customer care.
and -yes- I am passing this story along to a number of consumer warning sites.

(The Drizzle)

Last edited:
^^^They did this to me with the Joker DX that went on sale right before Xmas. Of course, I waited until the last minute to order one, but two days after I sent the order they canceled it and said they were out of stock even though their site just had it for a higher price.

They canceled my Wolverine order today. Dicks.

So...I wrote them.
I'm a fairly rational person in my old age, I don't get aggravated much, but this just irked me.

This is what I got back:

Hi (Drizzle),

We appreciate your taking some of your time to contact us. We apologize for the inconvenience. Your order was cancelled in our system due to availability. The item physically sold from the store location before your order was received into our system from Amazon. Amazon should have sent you an email letting you know of the cancellation and refund to your method of payment.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We look forward to serving your entertainment needs in the future. Thank you for shopping at goHastings.com, we sincerely appreciate your business.
You are a highly valued customer in our stores, and we hope that you will continue to allow Hastings the opportunity to provide your home entertainment needs in the future.

Customer Service

What a load of crap.

So I wrote them back:

This is nothing more than a lame excuse. No, in fact, let's call it what it is- a LIE. The item STILL shows as available (but with a higher price) on your website. Go look!
https://www.gohastings.com/product/TRENDS/Wolverine-Limited-Edition-Coll/sku/279160667.uts
I think you just got more orders for it than you wanted to fill at a lower price, so you cancelled them.
Also, I did not order through Amazon, but directly from your website. At no time was any redirect from Amazon involved.
You need to know, this kind of chicanery damages customer trust, and I guarantee you have lost a lot of future business from me. I don't spend my money with businesses that have such poor customer care.
and -yes- I am passing this story along to a number of consumer warning sites.

(The Drizzle)

pwnage to them... You did good!

why not call instead of writting might be better 8774278464. they did the same to me but i called

Wolverine Limited Edition Collectible Figure | Item #: Toys & Games | Format: Toys & Games
26 are in stock and will ship with your order.

Wait You got a HT Predator 2 figure for $85 -and sold it for Machiko !? :confused:

I know, it sounds crazy to some, but I like what I like and I want what I want and I don't have a ton of room. The P2 isn't on the list, and no, I still don't have my Machiko.

Haha, I'm stuck on that da** gohastings.com price or close to and so far there really aren't a ton of deals going on for her currently.

Oh well, keeps the hunt alive...

Aw man! Man I had a thread here looking to sell my Machiko MIB so I could buy a Predator 2!! :(

I'm not 100% positive but I believe I posted on your thread about trying to work something out for that Machiko. It might have been another "freak" for all I know.

Would have gladly traded you though...but it's long gone now, haha.

^^^They did this to me with the Joker DX that went on sale right before Xmas. Of course, I waited until the last minute to order one, but two days after I sent the order they canceled it and said they were out of stock even though their site just had it for a higher price.

If that's the case, they truly have NO business having a web-based component to their business, because they sure don't know how to handle orders and keep track of stock levels (which should easily be automatic)...

i knew this was too good to be true
Items:
Quantity:1,Wolverine Limited Edition Collectible Figure Toys & Games $123.75Discount: 1 for $123.75 each

Merchandise:$123.75
Tax: $0.00
Shipping/Handling:$11.31
Total:$135.06

Your order placed on 02/21/2010 has been completed.

The following item(s) have been cancelled. Either the item(s) were cancelled at your request or our sources were unable to ship the item(s) due to availability. You will not be charged for any cancelled items. We apologize for any inconvenience.

ORDER NUMBER:
Cancel Qty Title Price per Item
1 Wolverine Limited Edition Coll $164.99

I ordered the Iron Man Mark I for below $130 shipped and this got me scared that they was going to cancel my order since I had no email about the item being shipped yet. But I just got off the phone with customer service and they gave me a real tracking #

Back