Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about this angle? Not saying that it'll definitely have a long neck but you have to admit it looks freakishly long in this pic. It looks like he'll have a rubber covering so this isn't the usual hard plastic figure.

X-Men-Origins_Wolverine__scaled_614.jpg

It looks long in that photo because the collar bone gives the impression that its his shoulder. Look where the chain goes from his dog tags

How about this angle? Not saying that it'll definitely have a long neck but you have to admit it looks freakishly long in this pic. It looks like he'll have a rubber covering so this isn't the usual hard plastic figure.

X-Men-Origins_Wolverine__scaled_614.jpg

I agree, but that's just the lighting. Shadow completely hides everything except his neck down to the collar bone, there's no sign of the trapezius muscle at all. So ya, in some cases, depending on your home lighting and how the costumeing is laid on him, it may look as though the neck's too long, but I think in reality, it will be fine, where Dutch and most of the other mucle body figures, it really is too long because of how the heads rest on it. HT must prop muscle heads higher for fear of rubbing or something against the rubber, which is ok I guess, but any figure without hair over the neck and shoulders like a Rambo is going to be obvious that you see too much neck.

Anyone know if there is any Torso articulation?

Looking at the pictures in the vest, he appears to have quite a six pack with no visible joint.

Wonder if it's like the Enterbay Bruce Lee figures which have a great sculpted body but no movement, that'd be a shame...

The main thing I don't like is the sculpted hair on his arms and hands. Nice fig though.

I dont know, he's Wolverine. And I think he would look pretty funny without hair on his arms and hands.

I dont know, he's Wolverine. And I think he would look pretty funny without hair on his arms and hands.

I agree, but sculpted hair on the face/body always bugs me. They could have done it with paint, or made the hair lines more subtle. I hate that deep lines in a scupt = hair and deep intendtions/craters in a face = stuble (not talking about this figure with the stuble). I think more could be done with paint.

Every time I look at the pics for this, I just drool. I can't wait for this fig to come out. Although, there is a rumor that HT will be releasing a DX version 6 months later with a functioning healing factor... So maybe I should save my money. :angelsmil

Anyone know if there is any Torso articulation?

Looking at the pictures in the vest, he appears to have quite a six pack with no visible joint.

Wonder if it's like the Enterbay Bruce Lee figures which have a great sculpted body but no movement, that'd be a shame...

That WOULD be a shame! I've just run flipped through the official pics and the display shots from SDCC and TTS, and none of the poses would suggest the use of an abdominal joint.

However, in one shot you can see where an ab joint could be (where the ribcage starts), and there'd be no reason not to include one:
X-Men-Origins_Wolverine8.jpg
X-Men-Origins_Wolverine8.jpg

Last edited:
Dunno why kojun's sculpts on mass produced figures really kinda suck quite a bit (compared to his amazing custom works). This sculpt, while intricate and amazing, looks nothing like hugh jackman.... but just some dude in wolverine duds.

Will see how it turns out in the end... but seeing the john conner sculpt, I guess this is final .. Otherwise, the figure looks great

Kojun's had some so-so custom sculpts too, his HEAT Pacino looks like Pacino, but not from HEAT.

All sculptors have hits and misses. Yulli has perfected Heath Ledger but can't capture Christian Bale.

I think the Woleverine portrait is a very nice sculpt.

great quality this fig is, but the likeness is off.
its like seeing sabretooth rather than wolverine in that head sculpt.
give it a mod to the hair and you'll see :D

great quality this fig is, but the likeness is off.
its like seeing sabretooth rather than wolverine in that head sculpt.
give it a mod to the hair and you'll see :D

I don't see it. Show us how you see Sabertooth in that sculpt. Use photomanipulation if you have to.

I think the face is too skinny. I smashed his head down. Looks better I think.

Yes! Thats it! I totally agree! Ive been trying to figure out what just doesnt look right and i couldnt quite put my finger on it, the brow, eyes, nose, mouth all look fine, but its the face itself, i think its too skinny thats where im losing out on seeing a Hugh likeness.

yes sir, i will sir
xmenoriginswolverine8.jpg

see? sabretooth :D:rotfl

You what's ironic? That if HT released a Sabretooth figure and it looked like that people would complain that it looked more like Wolverine.

It's easy to connect the dots when the two characters have similar facial features.

Back