Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if ht came up with some design/structural solution that hid the joints well enough, it would dramatically improve the cosmetic appeal of unclothed figure bodies. right now, the joints are still WAY too obvious even from a distance.
I think we have to accept that joints being visable is an inevitability. Personally I'd MUCH prefer visiable joints on a well-articulated body than invisible joints on a crappy-articulated body. Anyway, these figs like Wolvie and Dutch do come with clothes.

I think we have to accept that joints being visable is an inevitability. Personally I'd MUCH prefer visiable joints on a well-articulated body than invisible joints on a crappy-articulated body. Anyway, these figs like Wolvie and Dutch do come with clothes.

I think that what HT has done with this body is the best thing we have seen so far -as far as joints go. I am am also a collector that can't stand exposed joints. Its the reason I don't own the hobbit figs from SS. So Wolverine will always have his jacket on in my display. But this body give me hope that in a few years we might see figs that have natural looking joints and don't need rubber suits to wear.

i think it looks great...the facial sculpt is really growing on me but a more angry experssion would have been preferred. all in all i think it's a great figure that i will be purchasing for sure!

well, maybe for NOW we have to accept visible joints. but hot toys is a pretty innovative company, as is enterbay. after all, these companies gave us the movable eye systems like PERS. so i just extrapolated from there, that the joints are something that bugs many collectors who want human figures as close to real human anatomy as possible, and still not have to sacrifice articulation. based on that simple consumer want, these companies might be looking into it already.

and to be fair, i think the wolverine body IS an improvement over the usual figures. the elbow joint especially, is not as glaringly obvious as the standard truetype hinge.

if ht came up with some design/structural solution that hid the joints well enough, it would dramatically improve the cosmetic appeal of unclothed figure bodies. right now, the joints are still WAY too obvious even from a distance.

The closest thing would be Hot Toys Alien figures, they have rubber sleeves over the elbow and kneed joints to cover them up.

As far as humans though, i think it's impossible to achieve without using a muscle body, but this new Logan body comes about as close as you'll probably get to having a hard plastic body have the appearance of a human body with minimal joint showing.

I dig everything the new body. I was concerned about posing without his shirt / jacket but alas no more worries.

I love the t-shirt look.

Love the new body. Especially if he is being displayed with his jacket on - great musculature while maintaining articulation.

in reference to the claws, they could be made out of real metal. i believe the Goemon figures swords are made of real metal, so if these are real metal, that would be groovy.

If they are, then this figure is a must have!

Could just be marketing gimmicks, but if they were just painted plastic like the Predator blades, I can't see making a special note about them like the new body, those notes tend to be to highlight new things never done before by HT.

Could just be marketing gimmicks, but if they were just painted plastic like the Predator blades, I can't see making a special note about them like the new body, those notes tend to be to highlight new things never done before by HT.

I gotta agree. The didn't say "real-like metal blades" for the Predator. I think the claws will be metal since the Goemon figure had a metal sword.

I'm guessing he may also have the giraffe syndrome going on when released....
X-Men-Origins_Wolverine__scaled_614.jpg

I'm guessing he may also have the giraffe syndrome going on when released....

I don't see that in the photos with his jacket off, but you might be right

I don't expect giraffe neck. In my experience, it's only been the muscle body figures that suffer from this, I've never seen it on a hard plastic figure excpet the oversize neck they sent out with TDK Batman for Bruce, which I never understood.

X-Men-Origins_Wolverine8.jpg

Looks great to me.

Now, if only his claws are real metal.......
In the description on hot toys web page it does say "Real-like Wolverine origins adamantium claws." Not sure what it means.

I don't expect giraffe neck. In my experience, it's only been the muscle body figures that suffer from this, I've never seen it on a hard plastic figure excpet the oversize neck they sent out with TDK Batman for Bruce, which I never understood.

X-Men-Origins_Wolverine8.jpg

Looks great to me.

How about this angle? Not saying that it'll definitely have a long neck but you have to admit it looks freakishly long in this pic. It looks like he'll have a rubber covering so this isn't the usual hard plastic figure.

X-Men-Origins_Wolverine__scaled_614.jpg

Back