Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The closest thing would be Hot Toys Alien figures, they have rubber sleeves over the elbow and kneed joints to cover them up.

hmmm, that just gave me a thought. what if they did the same thing for human figures? doesn't seem that impossibe to me.

they could make sorta like a thin rubber sleeve or sock that slides over the elbow and wrist joints to hide the joint lines. then the paint app could help even out the colour and make it look more like it's part of the same surface. just a crazy idea. :D

hmmm, that just gave me a thought. what if they did the same thing for human figures? doesn't seem that impossibe to me.

they could make sorta like a thin rubber sleeve or sock that slides over the elbow and wrist joints to hide the joint lines. then the paint app could help even out the colour and make it look more like it's part of the same surface. just a crazy idea. :D

The thing is, with the aliens, the sleeve tucks under the upper and lower arm pieces and because of the Alien design, it can look seemless. With the human body, arms and legs flow smoothly into all the various joints, so there's no way you could hide a sleeve without having a joint still show like the Aliens, full rubber body is the only way to hide joints.

I've seen the sleeves people have tried and while they do hide the joints better than nothing, in some poses they're still visible and without the base plastic being a human shape, the overall look of arms and legs still isn't quite human looking.

I'm hoping the minimalism of this figure makes for quick shipping, but using this new head material and this new base body, I hope those 2 factors don't slow him up.

I'm hoping the minimalism of this figure makes for quick shipping, but using this new head material and this new base body, I hope those 2 factors don't slow him up.

Connor used the new head material, we can hope any difficulties with the new head were addressed with that figure. The new body / body painting may cause a delay. I hope not. Waiting until December for the last of my most antcipated figures of 09 will stink. HT does a solid job of turnng out figures in a timely manner (for the most part), I hope Wolvie is quality and on-time. :naughty

Yeah, Wolverine's high on my anticipation list, I've got 2 figures that should really be shipping soon but have been delayed (Connor, DX Joker) and then Wolverine and DX Batman are the tops on the anticipated list for figures and they'll be a wait. The even quarters of the year tend to be filled with cool stuff, the odd ones are usually preview and wait period.

The thing is, with the aliens, the sleeve tucks under the upper and lower arm pieces and because of the Alien design, it can look seemless. With the human body, arms and legs flow smoothly into all the various joints, so there's no way you could hide a sleeve without having a joint still show like the Aliens, full rubber body is the only way to hide joints.

I've seen the sleeves people have tried and while they do hide the joints better than nothing,
in some poses they're still visible and without the base plastic being a human shape, the overall look of arms and legs still isn't quite human looking.

u wouldn't happen to have any pics of those sleeved human figures, would u? just curious to see what they look like...

Kojun's had some so-so custom sculpts too, his HEAT Pacino looks like Pacino, but not from HEAT.

All sculptors have hits and misses. Yulli has perfected Heath Ledger but can't capture Christian Bale.

I think the Woleverine portrait is a very nice sculpt.

On the other hand, anything Trevor Grove touches turns into gold :D

I don't want to crap all over Sideshow, but it's a travesty that Trevor's efforts are practically warped and wasted under the Sideshow factory paint jobs.

However, it's not as if HT hits perfect homeruns at-bat with their production paint applications, but most of the time their paint highlights the best parts of the sculpt whereas Sideshow's hides it.

Back to Wolverine. The hair on his arms look good. Incredible sculpt work.

It looks great, but I have a feeling the tone variations with the veins and such on his arms probably won't be as strong, cool if it does hold up though, it looks great.

I know the joints still show, but I think the jointed Woleverine body has a more realistic overall look than any HT muscular body figure.

Back