Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love that new body. I'd never thought a middle ground could be met with joints on muscle bodies as I'm the kind of collector that hates exposed joints but this looks awesome.

Love that new body. I'd never thought a middle ground could be met with joints on muscle bodies as I'm the kind of collector that hates exposed joints but this looks awesome.

It does look bad @ss! But something about those joints make me think of a cheap action figure, and not a high end collectible.

"The most surprising news is - collectors may expect to get an upgraded head-sculpture with the new PVC material which we have been applied on John Connor. Yes, we mean the one which looks closer to human’s face and presents better quality of painting."

:woo The best is yet to come.

the sculpt's an improvement for sure. looks more like jackman now.

don't like the jointed muscle body though. personally, i've always hated exposed joints on figures. if anything screams "toy!!", it's exposed joints. to me, it just detracts from the overall realism of any given piece.

i'm just wondering if ht or any maker is working on a system that has "invisible" or at least well-disguised joints.

One thing I find interesting about the new body, it looks like the elbow joint is sculpted to the forearm and only loose in the bicep, kinda neat.

It's listed as 30 points of articulation, which I believe is what a regualar TT has, so it'll be interesting to see how this one functions.

Close enough (a regular TT has 38 points), but honestly I lament the lack of full shoulder joints for maximum movement in that area. Otherwise I'm fine with the compromises.

As for aesthetics, the jacket is staying on Logan so it's moot for me.

I'll switch it up, but if the posability isn't what I'd like, I'll probably swap to standard TT and stick with the jacket.

Not sure if these were posted:

20090811_988da222386837bcdfd3bdv73wUMYa00.jpg

20090811_c696ba5b61013d8a57b4e8K1nXKAtCYx.jpg

20090811_b8c10bda0fa134f23ac8xrSwArQmV201.jpg

I'm hopeful, but still uncertain, as to whether the claws will be actual metal or just painted and treated to look like metal.

As long as they have that nice metallic look in the end, that's what counts most, but for durability, really metal would be nice. Never happened, but I often worried about breaking a blad on the Medicom hands just being thin plastic.

Even the Predator gauntlets are just plastic painted to look metal, and those can be bent easily just swapping out hands if you're not careful.

Uh, like the rubber muscle bodies?

no, of course not rubber muscle bodies. i know what those are. :)

what i meant were jointed figures that had ONLY the joints themselves disguised or invisible. rubber muscle bodies, as u know, are a layer covering the entire torso (or least the whole part of a limb). and that severely restricts the articulation and posability.

if ht came up with some design/structural solution that hid the joints well enough, it would dramatically improve the cosmetic appeal of unclothed figure bodies. right now, the joints are still WAY too obvious even from a distance.

Back