Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would anyone else like to see them release a Temple of Doom Indiana Jones using this body? I think the body type would work quite well.

3-X-Men-Origins_Wolverine.jpg

indiana1.jpg

I'll probably get shot down here, but I think this is one of hot toys best yet, just my humble opinion. I'm really liking the new body, and it looks top notch compared to the shiny plastic look of a basic true-type, you gotta take into account all the detail and texture on the skin/veins/body hair. That's one thing that would drive me crazy is having an awesomely detailed figure like the joker and then if his sleeve was up you saw that shiny plastic of his wrist/arm...just takes away from the overall fig imo

I can understand people being iffy on the sculpt, I think it's one where you're either going to see a really solid likeness and portrait, or you're not going to see a good likeness at all, no middle ground.

I'm blown away by the quality the base body looks to have, great construction and if it plays out as well in production with the paint, having the more detailed look you can get by painting versus the rubber muscle bodies will be great too.

It's tough judging other people's perception of likeness, because it's an eye of the beholder type of situation, but I think the sculpt looks quite like Hugh Jackman. Not 100%, of course, but I'd say about 95%, which is probably the best we've gotten so far. I love it.

The nose looks right, I think it might be the eyes that are kinda throwing it off a bit.
wolvieHTcomparison.jpg

148_494.jpg

11-X-Men-Origins_Wolverine.jpg

I think its the brow and mouth. Nose seems pretty close. The brow is too sharp and pointing down. Jackman's is pretty flat, even when frowning. The bottom lips needs to be a little fuller. Still better than I can do. Im sure I will have to get this. Damn you Hot Toys!!

Great side by side posting by the way. Gives a great reference.

I have an epic amount of "red x"s in the first couple of posts....anyone have another link to the actual pics? :D

1/6th scale Wolverine Limited Edition Collectible Figurine

Product code: MMS103

Hot Toys is proud to announce the fan-favorite mutant – Wolverine collectible figure from the X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie.

This 1/6th scale human mutant features:

- Newly developed Hot Toys hirsute muscular figure body
- over 30 points of articulation
- Stands approximately 30 cm tall
- His movie accurate costume of brown jacket, undershirt, shirt, jeans and boots
- Real-like Wolverine origins adamantium claws
- Accessories: dog tags and a leather-like belt with detailed buckle
- Two pairs of interchangeable hands
- Life-like head sculpt with authentic likeness of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine
- Figure base with Wolverine nameplate and the movie logo

** special feature: new material used on the head, better head skin texture is presented with this new material.

That's a fancy way of saying "hairy muscle body" :lol

I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of accessories. For a while I've been anxious, hoping that HT would reveal at least a couple accessories with the official pics. But there's practically nothing and it's costing $160-170. With a price point like that, the execution of the technical aspects of the figure better be perfect, i.e. the paint apps should look exactly like the proto. ^^^^ it, everything on the production figure should look EXACTLY like the proto.

Its not him/it is him ohh its a toughie, i think some of the shots or the lighting in them is making it look off sometimes, I'm sold though.

I would like to see him with just the button shirt and also why didn't they show the second pair of hands? I wish they had made open hands with claws extended, i love that look :cool:

ughhhhh those elbow joints suck. you can tell that the elbows only go to about 90 degrees. might need to swap him to a true type for better poses. figure still looks kick ass though.

Any chance Hot Toys might use this new body on Hellboy V 2.0? Maybe with his black shirt over it? :naughty

ughhhhh those elbow joints suck. you can tell that the elbows only go to about 90 degrees. might need to swap him to a true type for better poses. figure still looks kick ass though.

Depends on the bicep sculpt. We won't be able to tell until in hand, but I think it bends past 90. Not as much as if it were double-jointed, but more than a GI Joe-type...

The sculpt is good, it just isn't Jackman. :(

Quoted for truth. :lecture

The comparison pics show how much it doesn't look like Hugh. I guess all us Caucasians look the same. The problem is some people are going full retard. Never go full retard.

Back