Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it look like Jackman? Sure it does...
Is it a 1/6 Jackman? Hell no...
I can see every single detail of his face (nose, eyes, mouth, eyebrows...)for separate, but something's off with the overall looking, I mean I can't say exactly what's wrong with it, mmmmh, any idea of what it is?...
Anyway, I'm getting this one for sure...

put this together real quick !

A Preview with FLARE !

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ATKCsT5hMBc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ATKCsT5hMBc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Quoted for truth. :lecture

The comparison pics show how much it doesn't look like Hugh. I guess all us Caucasians look the same. The problem is some people are going full retard. Never go full retard.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl Thats it, its not Hugh... HES JUST A DUDE PLAYING A DUDE DISGUISED AS ANOTHER DUDE!! AND YOU THE DUDE THAT DONT KNOW WHICH DUDE HE IS!!! :lol

Seriorusly tho, more hands please. Anyone? anyone?... more hands?... bone claws anyone??

The figure is an awesome representation of the Wolverine movie character but it lacks the full likeness of Jackman. The resemblence to Jackman is close but yet far enough off (almost) everyone agrees it is 'missing something'.

It isn't a deal breaker (for me) because the resemblence is close enough and the new body, outfit etc are amazing. I am hoping for a better sculpt but if this is the final product I will own it.

I cannot wait for this guy. :banana

Which one of the below is NOT Hugh Jackman?

TheHughTest.jpg

Last edited:
I think we've seen this before. No:3 Even he looks better than the Hot Toys rendition, and he wasn't even trying :lol

I think we've seen this before. No:3 Even he looks better than the Hot Toys rendition, and he wasn't even trying :lol

^ Yeah I posted it before in the older (now locked) HT Wolverine thread. I never revealed which was which though.

It's sort of a test.

The reason for lack of accessories is perhaps the extra cost of the new body he is sporting. :eek:

^ Yeah I posted it before in the older (now locked) HT Wolverine thread. I never revealed which was which though.

It's sort of a test.
Ah ha. So they might all be Hugh, just to show how peoples perceptions differ. So the highlighting of the word 'not' is misleading. May be No:3 was when he was much much younger. Makes no difference, as a past Hugh is no longer a present Hugh. Which makes the Hot Toys version completely wrong, as it's neither a past nor present Hugh.

The reason for lack of accessories is perhaps the extra cost of the new body he is sporting. :eek:

They're bound to use this body again so its not like it would hurt to make something as simple as hands available for us to feel more eager to spend. I mean after all, look at all the "dance hands" the thriller Mj figure comes with not to mention they utilized the new slim body design and they're releasing that as a nude true type. They could do the same with this and have plenty of our money to get.

They're bound to use this body again so its not like it would hurt to make something as simple as hands available for us to feel more eager to spend. I mean after all, look at all the "dance hands" the thriller Mj figure comes with not to mention they utilized the new slim body design and they're releasing that as a nude true type. They could do the same with this and have plenty of our money to get.

^ Yep. It's entirely possible it's already being utilized on the Comedian figure:

comedianHT.jpg

Ah ha. So they might all be Hugh, just to show how peoples perceptions differ. So the highlighting of the word 'not' is misleading. May be No:3 was when he was much much younger.

Maybe.

WHERES THE CIGAR HOT TOYS!?!??!?! HE SMOKED A BIG FAT CIGAR THOUGH MOST of the movie!!! This is the OFFICIAL movie figure!! Wheres the cigar???? (and more hands needed-open hands with claws out,fisted hands with no claws_ come on hot toys fix up-iron man had 6 hands!) 'rant' over!:D

keeping my order cos i want wolverine but as someone said-there is something about the headsculpt that isnt quite right (a bit generic maybe)but overall i think it looks more like hugh than it doesnt!! a 'slimmer than dutch' muscle body would have suited him better but then the hair on his body/arms would have been sacrificed as u cant add paint/hair detailing onto rubber!

overall a bit disapointed (with the sculpt/lack of accessories and interchangable hands/action man joints) but you win some u lose some! dutch perfect likeness,robert downey jr/hugh jackman not so much IMO!

we are all entitled to our own opinions especially when a figure is costing as much as this one does!

Ah ha. So they might all be Hugh, just to show how peoples perceptions differ. So the highlighting of the word 'not' is misleading. May be No:3 was when he was much much younger. Makes no difference, as a past Hugh is no longer a present Hugh. Which makes the Hot Toys version completely wrong, as it's neither a past nor present Hugh.

OK! OK! I'm gonna come right out and tell ya. The last one is Marti Pellow, lead singer of Wet, Wet, Wet.

Wait a minute.

Waaaaiiit.... Yep, there it goes, every last shred of credibility I ever had, crumbling to dust...

Ho hum.

This figure just keeps on looking better every time I see new photos of it. I'm down for it - it's ordered. There are some minor tweaks that could push this figure over the top, but it's about as perfect a representation of Wolverine that I could hope for right now.

OK! OK! I'm gonna come right out and tell ya. The last one is Marti Pellow, lead singer of Wet, Wet, Wet.
:lol :lol :lol

If only Hot Toys had said it was Marti in the first place. He'd probably be a kick ass Wolverine, but can he dance as well? :lol :peace

Back