Hot Toys expanding their Johnny Depp portfolio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres my wishlist!

208578_10150160742709663_748989662_6350024_538118_n.jpg

TWO DOWN! :yess::yess:

Although Gilbert grape is almost certain a longshot, that is one I most certainly love for HT to make. It's one of my favorite movies in general. I just thought its a great story and one of those movies I can watch over and over. Not to mention a great performance by Leonardo di caprio. I Thought hey hired a mentally challenged person when I first saw it. I was like, man, it must have been hard for them to get that retarded guy to act. Then later on I saw Leo in another movie and I was like. Holy crap, that dude is not retarded?!

ha ha...goodnight to me but not for you huh Gilbert!:lol

Although Gilbert grape is almost certain a longshot, that is one I most certainly love for HT to make. It's one of my favorite movies in general. I just thought its a great story and one of those movies I can watch over and over. Not to mention a great performance by Leonardo di caprio. I Thought hey hired a mentally challenged person when I first saw it. I was like, man, it must have been hard for them to get that retarded guy to act. Then later on I saw Leo in another movie and I was like. Holy crap, that dude is not retarded?!

ha ha...goodnight to me but not for you huh Gilbert!:lol

That was a highlight in an already stellar career for di caprio.

Just give us a new Edward Scissorhands. We dont need more Depp figures except that one.

That was a highlight in an already stellar career for di caprio.

Leo got robbed of the Best Supporting Actor Oscar that year... it went to Tommy Lee Jones for his non-supporting but starring role in "The Fugitive."

Grape would be very boring.

About as boring a selection as Mort Rainey from Secret Window. Loved both movies though.

Last edited:
Leo got robbed of the Best Supporting Actor Oscar that year... it went to Tommy Lee Jones for his non-supporting but starring role in "The Fugitive."

Yea I think Leo really should've won that oscar. if you'd never seen any of Leo's other movies you'd think they actually got a mentally challenged boy to play the role as they did with Dear John.

About as boring a selection as Mort Rainey from Secret Window. Loved both movies though.
I still find Mort Rainey a bit more of an interesting display piece than Gilbert Grape with possible Hat, shovel and possible 2nd HS with a more evil expression? though both iI think would be a waist of HT time. I'd still get either if made, but they wouldn't be on the priority list no matter how much I love Depp.

I think the obvious choices were made. They didnt include
Mad Hatter, Captain Jack Sparrow, or Sweeney Todd because those are already shoe ins. The last one in the line they are unsure about therefore they are requesting votes. Personally Id go with Ichabod.

Jack Sparrow, Sweeney Todd, Tonto, and Ichabod Crane so far. I wonder which Depp character will be next? I hope there are lots more to come!

I've had enough Depp for now (except maybe a new Edward Scissorhands)

Why don't they expand on
Arnold (Conan, Commando, Red Heat, Total Recall, Mr. Freeze)
Stallone (Rocky III (new), Rambo I&II (new), Demolition Man, Judge Dredd)

Back