Hot Toys Amazing Spiderman Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT 1/6 Amazing Spiderman line

They should do three versions IMO.

1. Seamless suit without a AG headsculpt, just pure Spider-Man:

Amazing+Spider-man+movie+04.jpg

2. Battle Damaged Spider-Man with AG headscupt, Mask Accessory, Backpack and importantly NO masked head:

Andrew%2BGarfield%2Bas%2BSpider-Man.jpg

3. Peter Parker with first night out disguise:

amazing_spiderman_proto_suit1.png

That way each Spider-Man option doesn't have to sacrifice accuracy or engineering to fit the other, plus one being BD makes it unique enough from the OG

I'd be in for all of them :hi5:

This is going to be a day one PO for me. Hulk is going to break the bank and BTTF is going cost me my first born. Any suggestions as to how I pay for this figure?

Set aside $10-$20 a week starting right now? That's usually what I do, and I just cut back on impulse purchases at the store.

Yeah, just looking at that clip you can tell they really captured the classic Spider-Man comic style movement that the first three movies didn't really seem to have. It's definitely going to be one to see in 3D. I just think with this costume, even though it's not comic accurate, captures the essence of Spider-Man in a way the previous one didn't and updated it brilliantly. Hopefully the movie is as good as the trailers have me believing! lol. Either way, I will always dig this version of the costume. Spidey is always changing up his costumes in the comics so why can't he do so in the movies?

I have slightly different take on that, I love the classic look captured by the 50% awful Raimi movies (it's the look that I grew up with, after all), and I would have loved to have seen this type of really dynamic movement and camera angle in Sam's films, with that costume.

Having said that and after initially being very anti regarding the new design, I can see just how much of the essence of the original they have captured. I like it.

This is going to be a day one PO for me. Hulk is going to break the bank and BTTF is going cost me my first born. Any suggestions as to how I pay for this figure?

I am not sure...how many kidneys do you have?

The "Raimi" costume had problems for me outside of the actual costume. To me Toby Maguire didn't have the right build and proportions, he was more stocky than lanky. That threw the look off imo. I think one reason I prefer Andrew Garfield is because he just resembles Spider-Man a lot more in his build. Spider-Man will always be this skinny, slender superhero to me. The silver webbing also threw the design off for me, as silly as that sounds. I do like the Raimi costume however, I just prefer the Webb one. I still think they've yet to really nail down the perfect live action Spider-Man suit though, but they're getting closer to the character.

I would like a seamless suit figure with no removable mask or switch out head sculpt.

Me too. It retains just enough of the original look to 'be' SPIDER-MAN but is different enough to separate it form the lardy-chunk that was Maguire in his suit.

To me Toby Maguire didn't have the right build and proportions, he was more stocky than lanky. That threw the look off imo...

:exactly: :goodpost: :hi5:

Hahaha. I read that earlier but it didn't hit me until just now, nice. :)

Another thing this movie has going for it over the others is the Lizard. In my mind there are three classic Spider-Man villains above all others; Green Goblin, Doc Ock, and the Lizard (not necessarily in that order). Now I just hope this "franchise" does Venom right.

I wouldn't mind a Doc Conners figure either, it would be pretty nice, but I don't expect it.

Back to the Future, Hot Toys confirmed a Marty McFly and 1/6 Delorean Time Machine.

Part of me hopes the movie sucks just because I plan on picking up the entire avengers line(minus ironman, i'm happy with the one I have) And most likely the dark knight rises as well. At first I would've been happy with the main stable of characters but after seeing the film, I need loki as well. Spiderman would hurt my wallet even more because he is easily one of my fave heroes.

Plus I just want Marvel to have the rights to all their characters again, but that's just a pipe dream.

On the brighter note, the movie does look to stay true to form. What was lacking in the first 3 was Spiderman's sense of humor. I think that's what makes him unique from every other mainstream hero, to diffuse the situation with humor and Tobey's Spiderman just felt angry all the time like having these "great powers" was a curse.

Seamless figures are crap. If you want some statue - buy it, and don't swear on the acton figure because of the joints.
I wish HT SM3 RnB version had the same head-connection type as their Black one.

I will admit the black suit did look better in the neck area really, the original version tended to bunch up a bit by the looks of it. I guess it's all in the material they use (please no rip, tear, and go rubber).

A single piece suit presents alot of issues with ability to pose it in more extreme spiderman-esque poses without ripping or damaging or being spread so thin the color fades and suit becomes sheer. And HT to my knowlege has never done bendy posable hands. I'm not against it but I don't want this figure to be an experiment.

Last edited:

The "Raimi" costume had problems for me outside of the actual costume. To me Toby Maguire didn't have the right build and proportions, he was more stocky than lanky. That threw the look off imo. I think one reason I prefer Andrew Garfield is because he just resembles Spider-Man a lot more in his build. Spider-Man will always be this skinny, slender superhero to me. The silver webbing also threw the design off for me, as silly as that sounds. I do like the Raimi costume however, I just prefer the Webb one. I still think they've yet to really nail down the perfect live action Spider-Man suit though, but they're getting closer to the character.

Indeed, Spidey though toned is never a bulging muscly character like Maguire was. Garfields body type suits the role better

Back to the Future, Hot Toys confirmed a Marty McFly and 1/6 Delorean Time Machine.

In what year? 2014? Rate they are going now I doubt any new Spidey stuff till next summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back