Hot Toys Amazing Spiderman Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT 1/6 Amazing Spiderman line

More importantly than getting a AG headsculpt for me would be the seamless wrist area. I really really hope they can somehow pull that off.

That would be really, really nice. Especially since he doesn't have a belt in the movie like he does in the game, so nothing to cover up a seam. Still, I want an AG head sculpt, and I don't want to wait years for it, lol. I just hope we actually get a real villain figure this time. The Lizard is a great accomplishment in my opinion and I think a figure would be superb.

But then to change the hands out you'd have to take the suit off the top half everytime and you couldn't have fists.

I think they could and will squeeze spidey in before all the DKR figures start rolling out. I really hope they do because once they start DKR, we'll havr nothing nut batman for a few months.

Nothing but Avengers now and nothing but TDKR afterwords? God HT suck at scheduling. People interested in licenses beyond the current milk line get nothin' :slap

But then to change the hands out you'd have to take the suit off the top half everytime and you couldn't have fists.

True but if they went with just one dynamic pair of hands that you could use in many poses then I would be happy with that. I loved the Spidey figure they have just put out but the seam around the wrists stopped me from buying it.

If Spidey doesn't come with an Andrew Garfield HS I think it would be a huge oversight. Judging from the trailers he seems to take his mask off frequently. So I feel like it's a necessary accessory. What other accessories would he need? Some webs and extra hands? The only way I'd be okay with him not having an AG HS is if they did a separate Peter Parker figure, but I highly doubt they will.

They should do three versions IMO.

1. Seamless suit without a AG headsculpt, just pure Spider-Man:

Amazing+Spider-man+movie+04.jpg

2. Battle Damaged Spider-Man with AG headscupt, Mask Accessory, Backpack and importantly NO masked head:

Andrew%2BGarfield%2Bas%2BSpider-Man.jpg

3. Peter Parker with first night out disguise:

amazing_spiderman_proto_suit1.png

That way each Spider-Man option doesn't have to sacrifice accuracy or engineering to fit the other, plus one being BD makes it unique enough from the OG

Last edited:

Would be nice variety but there's no way HT will do three Spidey figs from this film. I think it's a very slim chance they will do two. :dunno

I'd be down for a seamless suit without the Garfield headsculpt (thanks for those pics, btw, Nova). So far the only actor that's really encapsulated the comicbook character for me has been RDJ as Ironman, and even there, I doubt I'd ever display him without the helmet.

Hmm, I'd have to see it first, but as long as we eventually got a AG head sculpt I'd be fine with a seamless version of Spider-Man.

There's only three things I "need" from this line to be happy; Spider-Man, an Andrew Garfield head sculpt, and The Lizard. Anything else would be icing on the cake.

Hmm, I'd have to see it first, but as long as we eventually got a AG head sculpt I'd be fine with a seamless version of Spider-Man.

There's only three things I "need" from this line to be happy; Spider-Man, an Andrew Garfield head sculpt, and The Lizard. Anything else would be icing on the cake.

Agreed with that.

Loving this webswing...

imfM9.gif

PURE SPIDER-MAN, can't wait for this film. And Figures.

Yeah, they really nailed that. Like the tug he gives the webbing to pull him forward. Too often it seems like they ignore a lot of those iconic comicbook panels when they're showing Spidey swinging around.

Really hope that this reboot gets a lot more right than Raimi did. Love a lot of that guy's work, but his Peter Parker/Spider-Man just didn't do it for me.

Yeah, just looking at that clip you can tell they really captured the classic Spider-Man comic style movement that the first three movies didn't really seem to have. It's definitely going to be one to see in 3D. I just think with this costume, even though it's not comic accurate, captures the essence of Spider-Man in a way the previous one didn't and updated it brilliantly. Hopefully the movie is as good as the trailers have me believing! lol. Either way, I will always dig this version of the costume. Spidey is always changing up his costumes in the comics so why can't he do so in the movies?

... I just think with this costume, even though it's not comic accurate, captures the essence of Spider-Man in a way the previous one didn't and updated it brilliantly... Either way, I will always dig this version of the costume...

Totally agree. Love this new costume and not concerned at all that it's not comics-accurate. The figure that convinced me to get into the Marvel line (was previously only interested in Star Wars) was the War Machine SV since I just really liked the colour sceme. To me it's a perfect stand-alone piece. Same with this Spider-Man so long as I like the movie.

I'd be down for a seamless suit without the Garfield headsculpt (thanks for those pics, btw, Nova). So far the only actor that's really encapsulated the comicbook character for me has been RDJ as Ironman, and even there, I doubt I'd ever display him without the helmet.

Same. Don't like AG and would never use his sculpt.

Nothing but Avengers now and nothing but TDKR afterwords? God HT suck at scheduling. People interested in licenses beyond the current milk line get nothin' :slap

I hope that come September, once all the Batman and Avengers are finaished being announced, and start getting shipped, they'll go back and concentrate on all the other license. I hope that we get a solid fall/winter announcement schedule of X-Men, Spiderman and anything else NOT Batman or Avengers related. Of course I am getting all the Batman and Avengers figures, but I do want the others too.

I hope we don't have to wait until fall/winter for X-Men, Penelope Cruz (pirates), Spidey and Prometheus :( :lol

Wouldn't mind a seamless suit with no headsculpt if, and only if, HT just nails the material used for the movie...has a very specific rubber thing going on.

And that web swing shot is awesome, especially given it looks totally practical and not CGI

Agreed with that.

Loving this webswing...

imfM9.gif

PURE SPIDER-MAN, can't wait for this film. And Figures.

Fell in love with this movie when i saw this shot. i hope my expectations arent shattered.

Yeah when I saw that I was like "straight from the comic" hopes are a little higher now for the film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back