1/6 Hot Toys - Marvel's Spider-Man 2 - Peter Parker (Black Suit) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strangely, the game has two different, yet very similar outfits in the game. One is called the symbiote suit and the other the black suit. (There is also the comic-based symbiote suit in addition to these two others.) The main difference seems to be the sharpness of the white spider symbol and eyes. The symbiote version having less defined edges for a more organic feel. Not sure why the need for two nearly identical costumes. That’s likely what is causing the same discrepancy on the bases - not necessarily hinting at the comic based suit coming, although that’s probably a safe bet. Even if the multiple variations from the previous games weren’t the biggest sellers, the classic suit did well as would the classic black outfit.

Strangely, the game has two different, yet very similar outfits in the game. One is called the symbiote suit and the other the black suit. (There is also the comic-based symbiote suit in addition to these two others.) The main difference seems to be the sharpness of the white spider symbol and eyes. The symbiote version having less defined edges for a more organic feel. Not sure why the need for two nearly identical costumes. That’s likely what is causing the same discrepancy on the bases - not necessarily hinting at the comic based suit coming, although that’s probably a safe bet. Even if the multiple variations from the previous games weren’t the biggest sellers, the classic suit did well as would the classic black outfit.
Have you played the game? Cause the differences are story related.

The one called the black suit is the default outfit when he initially gets it, and looks more like an actual tactical-styled suit with sharp, segmented, geometrical armor sections and such as well as white lines on the "gloves". The one called the symbiote is initially only switched to temporarily when entering the buffed up rage mode, and it causes the suit to become MUCH more organic looking, losing all of the segments in favor of this slightly unsettling fleshy look, with a smooth biological armored style replacing the sharp tactical look, and it also causes the suit to lose the "glove" lines in favor of a more obviously unified look. The spider symbol also does become sharper, but it also becomes larger and gains new angles and notches on the legs.
Later on you get to use it by default due to story progression, without the limited time restriction that it has earlier in the game. This coincides with a story event in the game, and at the exact same time, the symbiote starts actively affecting Peter's personality, and the change in the suit's look reinforces the negative influence it's giving him. The look isn't supposed to be drastically different, as it's the same suit, but it's supposed to be another subtle cue to the obvious symbiote stuff going on. There's also a third story symbiote suit but it isn't super relevant.

Symbiote_Advance_Suit.png (1).png
Symbiote_Suit_MSM2_render.png

Eh still don’t like it. His head was all wrinkly and he looked evil lol. But that’s just me

Kinda the point. He would have eventually became Venom if he kept the suit.
Yea but the older ones were more subtle. They didn’t change the design just the way he acted. It was a gradual change. The only time the suit changed was in spectacular

Hi Guys, Is ordering from sideshow the only way to get the exclusive transforming head version in the UK?

yeah I have been looking at resellers, but so far I can only find the standard version. Looks like I might have to fork out to import in.:cry:

I really should get this one. I’ve always been a big fan of the black suit/symbiote suit. I ordered the version from Spider-Man 3 but this one is more iconic to me.

This is not from the game but I bought it from a comic book show that I went to for 15 bucks and I figured it wasn't bad it looked pretty cool I figured it was worth the 15 I like the way it looks it's not a hot toy or anything but for the price I couldn't go wrong and I like the way it looks on my shelf so I think I got a good deal for 15 bucks I know it's supposed to subject but I was just wondering anyone opinions on it. I do want all the one from the comic games I got the original Spider-Man Classic variant with the diorama with the Scorpion tail.

Attachments

• 20240401_032240.jpg
    20240401_032240.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240401_032259.jpg
    20240401_032259.jpg
    796.5 KB · Views: 0
This is not from the game but I bought it from a comic book show that I went to for 15 bucks and I figured it wasn't bad it looked pretty cool I figured it was worth the 15 I like the way it looks it's not a hot toy or anything but for the price I couldn't go wrong and I like the way it looks on my shelf so I think I got a good deal for 15 bucks I know it's supposed to subject but I was just wondering anyone opinions on it. I do want all the one from the comic games I got the original Spider-Man Classic variant with the diorama with the Scorpion tail.
Just got to find the right stand for it

I got excited when I saw this was bumped. lol!

The gloss on this is as the kids say is fire!🔥

Hopefully by July!

Back