Green Lantern: The Motion Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I think that's real... because I could swear I've seen that image before somewhere else within Time Warner. Some of the "Anyone can be chosen" promos have already started showing up on campus at Turner.

Remember, it may not be something directly for the film itself (so it not looking much like Reynolds means nothing). Warner/DC cross-promote stuff all the time, being owned by the same company.

I think this was done early on as artwork for some of the Summit meetings to plan marketing/promotions at Warner leading up to the film.

Last edited:
The latest on the poster is that it is legit but not specifically for the movie but for the Green Lantern in general just to get people aware of the big push that he'll receive. We have to remember that we'll get an animated series, big mattel toy push and game on top of the film. Of course without an actual confirmation from WB themselves its all internet grains of salt.

The latest on the poster is that it is legit but not specifically for the movie but for the Green Lantern in general just to get people aware of the big push that he'll receive.

Pretty much what I said. :duff

And now I remember where I saw it. There is an identical banner on one of the sales floors at work.

I am still not sure how I feel about the suit being "Groundbreaking" CGI

Will it look cool, or will it still look awkward, like when we saw the Clones without their helmets on in Revenge of the Sith?

The constructs were always going to be CGI. If you look at actual Green Lantern canon, the suit itself is a construct of the ring that goes over whatever the GL is wearing in their standard civilian life. It was that natural progression which led them to go to the suit being CGI to keep with the idea that its a construct.

I am still not sure how I feel about the suit being "Groundbreaking" CGI

Will it look cool, or will it still look awkward, like when we saw the Clones without their helmets on in Revenge of the Sith?

But there were no humans to base the armor on, that's what contributed to the "floating heads" look. Reynolds is wearing a mo-cap suit or something.

But there were no humans to base the armor on, that's what contributed to the "floating heads" look. Reynolds is wearing a mo-cap suit or something.

Yeah that's a good point, I guess I should not worry as Watchmen and Avatar have shown how good mo-cap can be.

I know the suit has to look not of this world, and I guess CGI is the best answer for that. Saying that, Jor-El's suit in Superman did a pretty good job of giving on off world effect.

But there were no humans to base the armor on, that's what contributed to the "floating heads" look.

Actually, Temuera Morrison was filmed on set for the shots with helmetless clones:

SWOrder661.jpg

Actually, Temuera Morrison was filmed on set for the shots with helmetless clones:

SWOrder661.jpg

Hmm, It looks like there are only minimal reference points on him. I remember that shot specifically and it looked particularly bad. Hopefully they can do it better with GL.

Hmm, It looks like there are only minimal reference points on him. I remember that shot specifically and it looked particularly bad. Hopefully they can do it better with GL.

Yeah. But keep in mind EP3 was shot 6-7 years ago. Things have obviously advanced since then.

It will be.

Look at the points on Morrison:

SWOrder661.jpg

Now on Reynolds:

reynolds-gl.jpg

He even has them on his neck to show the high collar of the uniform....the tech won't be the problem the renders though can go overboard. The scenes in Iron Man 2 where the suits were used were a bit overdone and that might be the very possible case here.

Ironically, after Morrison's hands and face were done with make up he wore a suit like Reynolds for his part as Abin Sur so maybe we'll get another Morrison suit to side by side compare.

SWOrder661.jpg

Seems like it would have been alot easier just to build a few clone trooper suits and actually put him in them rather than computer animating everything. Also would have looked alot better.

Same exact way I feel about the Green Lantern suit.

And I wonder if him being in a blue suit with a blue background made capturing his outline even more difficult. Don't they usually have the actors in a different color suit than the background for that reason?

And I think with the green aura around GL anyway, it would have made any real suit look CGIish anyway. So now everything just is. But I too want to know why studios think its just best to CGI everything in nowadays. Long gone are great sets and costumes. Now everything is either blue, green, or grey :(

It certainly makes a lot more sense for GL than for just Clone armor. The GL suit will have constant effects, where the armor could have been done practical more easily, you'd think.

Exactly, many GLs have even overlapped their costumes with construct armor or even larger constructural pieces so even if there were a physical costume it could have so many CGI effects done over it that it might look more silly without the entire thing being an whole effect anyway.

It certainly makes a lot more sense for GL than for just Clone armor. The GL suit will have constant effects, where the armor could have been done practical more easily, you'd think.

This is what I kept thinking throughout episode II and III when we saw the clones in action. How hard could it have been to have a casting call for people that roughly looked like Morrison and just CGI his face on there, or even...dare I say it...just keep the helmets on them??

Back