Green Lantern: The Motion Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2guh2bl.jpg

I get what they're trying to do with it. I'm guessing the power of the ring permeates all through is body, hence the glowing muscle look. Perhaps it only looks like that when the ring is active, and looks like a regular non-CGI suit when he's not using it? I'll give it a chance.

It looks good to me. Certainly looks like a ring construct, and I dig how the green fades into the black. Hopefully it'll also fade into white with the lower arms, to get the gloved look. The mask really needs work though, it doesn't quite manage to get the same effect as the suit does, and really looks more like makeup.

I'm ok with it. I guess I've gotten used to live-action comic book movie costumes being overdesigned. I do agree it needs the white gloves though.

I'd probably like the costume if not for the musculature lines. I liked that they used the classic emblem. The regular mask. It's jut, man the ribbed veiny lines not digging it.

Just remember the costume will be like fully CG in the movie.

It looks good to me. Certainly looks like a ring construct, and I dig how the green fades into the black. Hopefully it'll also fade into white with the lower arms, to get the gloved look.

There are quite a few websites that are claiming that white gloves are the case, that the EW pic because of the green energy drowns out the white and makes it look green and that the white fades into the black as well. Hopefully SDCC brings more shots.

Green-Lantern-costume-Ryan-Reynolds.jpg

I'll say this I'm fanboying all over the place right now and can't wait for the panel!
You're coming??? :rock

(BTW, please change your signature pic... I keep thinking it's someone you know holding someone else you know, and that's just wrong. :slap :wink1:)

Just awesome.
Just exactly how it´s supposed to be, meaning:
The ring does energy constructs and the costume is nothing less.
Bought, just plain awesome...

There are quite a few websites that are claiming that white gloves are the case, that the EW pic because of the green energy drowns out the white and makes it look green and that the white fades into the black as well. Hopefully SDCC brings more shots.

I can kinda see what they mean, but it might be green after all. Definately can't wait for the SDCC panel now though.

Btw, here are some more promo pics from the magazine:

reynoldslivelyGL.jpg

reynoldshal.jpg

hammondsGL.jpg

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=20090

Holycrap......between this and Inception tonight, this could turn out to be a great day. 2011 is all about GL for me. As much as I love Caps and X-Men, I have more trust in Campbell and company.

I'm really liking the intensity that Reynolds is showing in all of the shots so far. :lecture

Still think he was better suited for Flash than GL (because he's a naturally funny dude and his comic timing is impeccable) but I'm buying him as Hal.

Can't wait for the panel & press roundtable next week. :rock

Do not like. Curious about the cast but maybe this will be one of those Green Goblin situations...awesome actor/character but ridiculoid costume?

I don't mind Blake as Carol in those shots. Now that I've seen Hal I'm dying to get a look at Sinestro and Killowog.

I don't mind Blake as Carol in those shots. Now that I've seen Hal I'm dying to get a look at Sinestro and Killowog.

Here, here! Geoff said he approved of Sinestro, so can't even begin to think how sweet that'll be. Was it ever said how Kilowog will be done with cgi, make-up, or what?

Back