GOTHAM - BATMAN Prequel TV Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There were too many villains introduced and tied to the Wayne murder...and Bullock felt a bit more like Flass than I expected.
Also, was Montoya hinting that she had a relationship with Barbara before she was engaged to Gordon?

I didn't watch the pilot yet - I was planning on waiting for a handful of episodes to air, so my wife and I could watch a bunch at once if necessary (cliffhanger episode ends, etc).

The AV Club gave season 1 a B, but the pilot a C. I'm on board with their opinions more often than not, so that's good news for the season, and makes the pilot's "shrug" reception I've seen easier to take.

But what you mention about "too much" is slightly troublesome. I hate when prequels or related media decide that just because they know how things happen later on, that everything in an origin needs to be connected. You know who was as the Waynes' murder? Four people. No need for anything else. Let the freaking thing play out logically, not forcing connections where they don't need to be.

I think it had more to do with having the baby Cat running around in the opening scene, and then making that scene be the lynchpin of the whole universe. The main risk with that is people who know the characters, and have never been exposed to that kind of connection. It's much less contrived than having the Joker kill the Waynes in '89. This is just gives an outside perspective on the event without making the observer a meaningless character.

I love the pilot! Looks to be a great show. Like a Smallville premise but darker, bloodier, more violent...more than Arrow. Now I have this, SHIELD, Arrow, and upcoming Flash. The guy who was doing stand-up in front of Mooney, I guess that's Jack Napier who would be the Joker? So that would be 5 from the Rogue's gallery. Young Selina looks almost like Michelle Pfeiffer to me. Also to those who are confused about Enigma working ballistics for the Gotham PD. Remember he worked for Wayne Enterprises research so it isn't too far fetched. In fact so did Pamela Isley aka Ivy.

The showrunner said there will be several potential Jokers. That was one.

SnakeDoc

Promising first episode... I'm looking forward to more. Some things I didn't like, being hit over the head showing who the villains are was not needed but overall it was good.

The Cat girl was the only pieces I liked about the show.. the rest, especially the acting was terrible. :lol

The ''I want my pills'' scene was a bit contrived I thought, in the way that it pushed Gordon into the fore, obviously signposting him as the main character. Nothing wrong with signposting your main character of course but I felt it was a bit implausible that this young rookie would take charge of that situation like he owned the place. There was a room full of older and more experienced cops, why on earth would any of them defer to this little scamp in a scenario like that? They should have written it that Gordon had previous experience with this particular nutcase and he alone knew how to calm him down, then it might have worked fine.

And yeah, music was awful. A superhero theme wouldn't be appropriate but I still expected better. Even the crappest Batman films had decent music.

Last edited:
I liked the premiere. I didn't really know what to expect going in, but I was pleasantly surprised. I'll definitely tune in next week. I liked the actor playing the soon-to-be Penguin. And I actually enjoyed the Fish Mooney character as well. Looking forward to seeing that character develop. I could see this lasting more than one season, so fingers crossed.

The thing that worries me is are they gonna have every single villain be involved with the Wayne murder somehow. They already have 4 rogues gallery involved somehow plus fish Mooney. What's next, is the ventriloquist going to be the show they saw before they were murdered and Victor Fries sold them ice cream in the lobby?

If Thomas Elliot aka hush isn't in this at some point though, I'll be disappointed.

The show needs more classical music with an orchestra, like the films and the animated series. Also, am I the only one who thinks Catwoman looks like an adult woman in a tiny body. She's the same age as the kid playing Bruce Wayne, but looks a lot older. It's kind of creepy :lol

Jx8enmS.jpg

The good thing about this show is that it has tons of room for improvement.

I just wish it focused more on the police aspect of it, and not so much the "Gotham has a rich cast of characters, so let's show off everything we can as soon as possible".

I didn't really like anything about it apart from Donal Logue. I think he's a cool dude. But the whole show was a bit too campy.

Episode 2 was pretty good. Catgirl was cool, Penguin is still good, and things are getting interesting. They mentioned another villain, which means he's also older than Bruce Wayne :lol, but it's ok.

Back