GOTHAM - BATMAN Prequel TV Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty high honor being able to put on an official bat suit and then get to do all the “fun” stuff in it. I think doing the stunts in the bat suit is probably a lot more fun than just standing around and growling like the main actor would probably only do. The the stunt guys get to live out our childhood fantasies and do the stuff we wanted to as Batman. Blah, blah dialogue! Let’s fight or jump off buildings or climb up buildings! That’s what we all really want to do, right? :lol

Congrats! I bet that was a pretty cool day(s) getting to film in that!

Haven't kept up with this show, but decided to watch the finale. Don't waste your time. I'm fairly easy on shows, movies, etc., but this thing was garbage.

Pretty high honor being able to put on an official bat suit and then get to do all the “fun” stuff in it. I think doing the stunts in the bat suit is probably a lot more fun than just standing around and growling like the main actor would probably only do. The the stunt guys get to live out our childhood fantasies and do the stuff we wanted to as Batman. Blah, blah dialogue! Let’s fight or jump off buildings or climb up buildings! That’s what we all really want to do, right? :lol

Congrats! I bet that was a pretty cool day(s) getting to film in that!

So you got to wear the suit to film action scenes and they ended up not showing Batman doing ****?!

Wasn’t the greatest show around but was fun and kept me entertained mostly because of the characters and performances. Definitely going to miss it... the episode before the finale could’ve been a finale on its own while the actual finale wasn’t great, it was nice seeing some characters fully embrace their roles and set up/ tease that bat-verse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you got to wear the suit to film action scenes and they ended up not showing Batman doing ****?!

They cut a bunch of said **** out, I'm guessing for the purpose of keeping the character in the shadows and barely seen after watching the episode. And they photoshopped/CGIed David's head/cowl in the shot at the end, that was me standing on the "rooftop" because he's nowhere near as tall :lol

They cut a bunch of said **** out, I'm guessing for the purpose of keeping the character in the shadows and barely seen after watching the episode. And they photoshopped/CGIed David's head/cowl in the shot at the end, that was me standing on the "rooftop" because he's nowhere near as tall :lol

Well in a way...you are batman. Few can say that. Congrats man :hi5:

I liked the finale. I think having Batman felt and not seen tell the very end was the best way they should introduce the character. The previous "No Man's Land" arc was a bit stupid, especially Bane, this episode redeemed the season for me. The new Joker makeup was alright, it looked better on screen than in promo shots. I still prefer the very first version of the Joker on this show, hated that they kept rebooting the character, totally unnecessary.

The Batman costume sucked balls though, hated the way the belly armor looked. The cowl looked alright, but not great.

Looks like the Gotham team will move on to Pennyworth over on Epix, looks interesting but I'm not subscribing just for this.

screamingmetal said:
The Batman costume sucked balls though, hated the way the belly armor looked. The cowl looked alright, but not great.

I'm guessing its like a Mark 1. Its supposed to look like he just tossed it together and later when he figures out what he needs it will become more the suite we know.

I'm guessing its like a Mark 1. Its supposed to look like he just tossed it together and later when he figures out what he needs it will become more the suite we know.

It's possible, but I don't think there was any reason to do that, there's no followup to this so that was their money shot and I think they kind of blew it. Bruce would've had years and tons of money to at least make a Batsuit that looks good.
I think once again, Hollywood production and costume designers felt the need to put their two cents in on their version of the Batsuit with disregard for what the fans might really want to see.
Reminds me of Sideshow's failure with the GI Joe line.

Thought it would have been better if they had just kept to silhouettes and back view for the last shot. David Mazouz did not look good in that cowl shot as Batman.

It's possible, but I don't think there was any reason to do that, there's no followup to this so that was their money shot and I think they kind of blew it. Bruce would've had years and tons of money to at least make a Batsuit that looks good.
I think once again, Hollywood production and costume designers felt the need to put their two cents in on their version of the Batsuit with disregard for what the fans might really want to see.

Yeah, the suit really was awful, which is a shame because otherwise, I thought it was a pretty good episode. Was there no way they could borrow one of the many batsuits from Warner Bros.? They probably wouldn’t have even needed to borrow one for very long, just to get that one shot.

That's probably a better explanation.

Yeah, the suit really was awful, which is a shame because otherwise, I thought it was a pretty good episode. Was there no way they could borrow one of the many batsuits from Warner Bros.? They probably wouldn’t have even needed to borrow one for very long, just to get that one shot.

I read in an interview article with the producers WB rejected their request to borrow one of the suits.

I read in an interview article with the producers WB rejected their request to borrow one of the suits.

Ah, okay. Well, that explains that. I think even the costume designers for the CW shows could have come up with a better Batman costume for them. But for what it costs to make one the producers of Gotham might just have not wanted to spend that much money for something that was going to be in one shot.

Back